Zavok (ザボック Zabokku?) is an antagonist in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He is a Zeti who is the leader of his entire race. He is also the former leader of the Deadly Six. When Dr. Eggman came to the Lost Hex, Zavok and the other members of the Deadly Six were forced into serving the doctor due to the effects of the Cacophonic Conch. After Sonic the Hedgehog arrived and got rid of the conch, Zavok and the others rebelled against Eggman and took control of his forces. Zavok then enacted his plan to achieve world domination, by using Eggman's Extractor to make himself and the other Deadly Six stronger while destroying the earth, but was ultimately defeated by Sonic.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 History
- 3 Other game appearances
- 4 Personality
- 5 Powers and abilities
- 6 Weaknesses
- 7 Relationships
- 8 Battle
- 9 In other media
- 10 Theme songs
- 11 Quotes
- 12 Trivia
- 13 References
Zavok is a red Zeti with a very stocky build. The majority of his upper body is pure red, as is his serpentine tail. He has five-fingered hands that end with sharp cyan-colored nails. Zavok's body from the waist down is black in coloration, ending in two-clawed feet with cyan toes. His head is relatively small compared to the rest of his body and his lower jaw sticks out, showing a row of spiked fangs. The upper half of his head is black save for red markings around his eyes, which are purple with yellow sclera. Zavok has what appears to be a relatively thick cyan-colored unibrow that forms a vaguely V-shaped crest. Sticking out from the sides of his head, Zavok has two vicious curved horns that are striped in varying shades of dark grey. Zavok has a large cyan piece of hair sticking out from the back of his head. Zavok has two rows of sharp black spikes sticking out of his shoulders. His only attire seems to be a pair of black bracelets with grey spikes jutting out.
At some point, Zavok was taken under Master Zik's wings as the elderly Zeti's last disciple. Under Zik's tutorlage, Zavok was taught in martial arts and became quite powerful. Many years ago, Zavok was brought into the Deadly Six when Master Zik formed the group, with Zavok's skills making him well-suited for the position as their leader.
Sonic Lost World
In Sonic Lost World, Zavok and the Deadly Six met Dr. Eggman, who used a Cacophonic Conch to enslave them. Begrudgingly, Zavok assisted Eggman in his scheme for world domination by capturing Animals for an army of Badniks. As Eggman later showed Zavok how to make Badniks, the doctor revealed how the Deadly Six would help him both conquer the world and defeat Sonic the Hedgehog. Curious about Sonic, Zavok let Zazz fight him to learn more.
While in Windy Hill, Zavok and his team met Sonic, before coming with Eggman as he left Zazz to finish Sonic. Resuming the Animal hunt, Zavok spoke against Eggman's criticism of their efforts, only to be brought back in line by Eggman with the Cacophonic Conch. When Eggman later tested his unstable Extractor, Zavok secretly eavesdropped on the test. Zavok and the Deadly Six were later further scolded for their failures by Eggman with the Cacophonic Conch, only for Sonic to appear and knock the conch away. Now free, Zavok and his team took control of Eggman's Badniks and had them attack everyone present, before Zavok ordered his team to attack as well, effectively driving Eggman, Orbot, Cubot, Sonic and Tails away.
Now free, the Deadly Six took control of Eggman's operations on the Lost Hex, but Sonic still opposed them. When Master Zik wanted to deal with Sonic, Zavok was reluctant to let him bother himself with that. When Master Zik returned, Zavok enacted his plan to destroy the Earth with the Extractor and use the energy it harvested to make the Deadly Six stronger, as his revenge at Eggman, earning him the approval of his teacher. No sooner, Zavok tricked the lazy Zeena to go deal with Sonic. Zavok later contacted Sonic, Eggman and their allies to discourage them and mock Eggman before he was cut out. While studying Sonic, Zavok was inspired by Master Zik to make Sonic their slave by turning Sonic into a robot using what they had learned from Eggman. The Deadly Six quickly set up a trap for Sonic, only to find Tails caught in it when it returned. While annoyed, Zavok decided to use Tails to their advantage, before scowling at Zor who arrived to announce the failed capture of Sonic.
Finding Sonic himself, Zavok taunted Sonic with his plans to roboticize Tails and later the loss of his friends on earth due to the Extractor, thus luring him into two separate fights with him, only to be beaten by Sonic. Frustrated at this, Zavok began the roboticization process on Tails as revenge and left the roboticizer to finish it. Later on, Zavok confronted Sonic with Zor and Zeena, where he told Sonic to join Tails as he revealed a seemingly roboticized Tails. When Sonic refused, Zavok ordered Tails to kill Sonic, but was forced to retreat when Tails attacked him, having only pretended to be roboticized. Confronted by Sonic again, Zavok was defeated one last time by the hedgehog despite his Extractor-enhanced strength.
In Sonic Forces, Zavok, alongside Chaos, Shadow and Metal Sonic, was replicated by Infinite, Eggman's newest servant, using the virtual reality powers of his Phantom Ruby. This replica was instated in the Eggman Army as one of the group's foremost soldiers. The Zavok replica soon after made its debut alongside the other three replicas to assist Infinite in defeating Sonic. Afterward, the Zavok replica helped Eggman conquer over 99% of the world.
Six months later, the Zavok replica went to the Death Egg where Sonic was being held prisoner in order to banish the hedgehog into space as Eggman wanted. However, thanks to the Resistance disrupting the power onboard the space station, Sonic's restraints were removed just as the Zavok replica arrived, thus allowing him to fight the illusionary Zeti. Using the Death Queen, the Zavok replica engaged Sonic, but was ultimately defeated and faded away upon his defeat, although not before expressing irritation at losing to Sonic again.
Hundreds of replicas of Zavok were later present in the outskirts of the Eggman Empire Fortress where they took part in the final battle between the Eggman Army and the Resistance until all the sources of Eggman's replicas were destroyed for good, ending the replicas' existence.
Team Sonic Racing
In Team Sonic Racing, Zavok, who no longer had ties to the Deadly Six, was hired by Dr. Eggman to steal the Ultimate Energy Engine from its creator, Dodon Pa. During his mission, Zavok was spotted by Big. Fortunately for Zavok, no one paid attention to Big's observation. However, he was eventually noticed by the Chao near a race track, causing him to be spotted by Sonic and the other racers. When Eggman pretended that he had nothing to do with Zavok's appearance at the Grand Prix, he hastily invited Zavok to join Team Eggman, and gave him the Road Dragoon to drive in. Afterward, Eggman rebuked Zavok for being discovered. Zavok immediately after made Eggman even angrier when he revealed that he had not been able to find the Ultimate Energy Engine. Eggman thus hoped that Zavok would do better in the Grand Prix. After losing several races however, Eggman began to criticize Zavok for his lack of driving skill. Zavok, however, insisted that their opponents were just strong and that he respected that, before warning the doctor to keep his mouth shut. Later, Eggman offered Zavok a task he was much more suited for: kidnapping Dodon Pa.
After Zavok kidnapped Dodon Pa and brought him onboard the Final Fortress, Eggman demanded to Dodon Pa that he handed the Ultimate Energy Engine over to him. However, Dodon Pa revealed that it was unfinished, making it useless. Furthermore, the racers had stopped racing, and without them producing Ultimate Team Energy, the engine could never be finished. This prompted Zavok to point out to Eggman that this was his own fault: by kidnapping Dodon Pa, he had brought the Grand Prix to a halt and stopped the racers from producing the necessary energy. To compensate for this Eggman tricked Sonic and his friends into racing his henchmen so that Dodon Pa could capture the heroes' Ultimate Team Energy and use it to finish the Ultimate Energy Engine. As a part of Eggman's plan, Zavok was instated as one of the racers Sonic and co. had to beat. Despite Zavok's best efforts though, he lost. Zavok later took part in the subsequent races with the heroes alongside Eggman until Dodon Pa finally finished the Ultimate Energy Engine, which Eggman then stole and incorporated into his Death Egg. Afterward, Zavok took part in the villains' last race against the heroes onboard the Final Fortress. In the end, Zavok and his team lost, and the Death Egg ended up driving into the Final Fortress's energy core, forcing Eggman and his lackeys to escape the Final Fortress as the began crashing.
Other game appearances
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
In Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, Zavok makes a cameo appearance as a part of the "Deadly Six" trophy which can be collected in the game.
In Sonic Runners, Zavok makes an appearance during the "Zazz Raid Event." Here, he convinced Zazz to simply keep on fighting after Zazz began to lose heart after several losses to Team Sonic. After Zazz had left, Master Zik pointed out to Zavok that Zazz would never be able to beat Sonic, no matter how hard he tried. Zavok noted that he was aware of this, and revealed that he was simply using Zazz to collect more intel on Sonic so that one day, the Deadly Six would be able to destroy him once and for all.
Mario & Sonic series
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
In the Wii U version of the game, Zavok is a guest character that is only playable in certain events. To unlock him, the player must defeat him in a Boxing event when he challenges them to a tournament match on Copacabana Beach. Also, a Mii costume set based on Zavok can be unlocked in the game by completing Zavok's Carnival Challenge. However, it must be collected in two separate parts, each with their own stat changes.
In the Wii U version of the game, Zavok has the following characteristics, description and icons:
|Icon||Skill Type||Stats||Playable Event(s)||Biography||Flag|
|Power||9||3.5||5.5||Boxing||Zavok is the strongest of the sinister Zeti and the leader of the Deadly Six. As the last disciple of Master Zik, he's a certified force to be reckoned with. Along with his formidable physical prowess, a calm demeanor and penchant for quick-thinking makes him well-suited to leadership. His greatest joy is in improving his skills, which makes the straight-forward competitive nature of the Olympic Games quite appealing.|
In the Nintendo 3DS version of the game, Zavok is an unlockable main roster character that is only playable in certain events. To unlock him, the player must beat him in the Boxing Plus event on Day 6 of Sonic's Story in Road to Rio mode. He also has the following characteristics:
|Artwork||Stats||Playable Event(s)||Challenged in Road to Rio?|
||Sonic's Story Day 6 (unlock challenge)|
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
In the Nintendo Switch version of the game, Zavok is a guest character that is only playable in the Boxing event. To unlock him, the player must defeat Zavok in Boxing as Luigi in Chapter 11 of the game's story mode, which he also happens to play a role in. In this mode, Zavok was negotiated into competing against Tails and Luigi by Bowser Jr. However, despite his strength, Zavok was beaten by Luigi. Afterward, Zavok fled from his defeat.
In the Nintendo Switch version of the game, Zavok has the following characteristics:
|Icon||Skill Type||Biography||Wears unique clothing|
|Power||Smart and cool under fire, Zavok's power recognized by everyone, even his mentor. The other Deadly Six have a lot of respect for Zavok.||❌|
Sonic Forces: Speed Battle
Zavok is one of the playable characters in Sonic Forces: Speed Battle who was added to the game's roster in the version 1.0.1 update. He has the following gameplay characteristics:
On 13 January 2021, Zavok was re-released as "Quarterback Zavok", a variant character of Zavok dressed in a football-inspired costume as a part of the 3.3.0 update. This character has the following stats in gameplay:
Sonic at the Olympic Games (2020)
In Sonic at the Olympic Games (2020), Zavok appears as the boss of the Hammer Throw (EX) event in Asakusa. In the story, he was hired by Dr. Eggman to stop Sonic from collecting medals in Asakusa in order to save Japan. At one point, Zazz revealed that while Sonic was busy freed Shinjuku from Eggman Nega's control, he and Zavok seized control over Yokohama. Zavok subsequently teamed up with Zazz to finish Sonic off in Yokohama, only to be beaten for good and leaving Japan.
To unlock Zavok as a playable character, the player must beat him during his rematch with Sonic in the Boss Rush event in Yokohama and win the gold medal.
Zavok is a merciless and cruel being. He is very serious, ferocious, brutal and dark, often deploying graphical threats of death and destruction, and he has little tolerance for failure. Power-hungry and ever focused on his goals, Zavok does not let anything stand in his way. Despite his intensiveness though, Zavok has occasionally displayed a sarcastic, dry sense of humor, such as when he sarcastically complimented Eggman as a "mighty conquerer", and when he jokingly quoted Zor, when stating his opinion of Sonic advancing toward him, deeming Sonic's plan "Pointless".
For all his brutish intensiveness, Zavok keeps a calm demeanor and has a penchant for quick-thinking which makes him well-suited to leadership. Even as his temper flares up, he manages to keep his emotions in check. Zavok is likewise quite cunning and intelligent. Always observant, he studies his opponents in advance and knows how to use a situation to his advantage. He knew he would learn more about Sonic by letting Zazz fight him, regardless of the outcome, and quickly formulated a plan to use Tails to his advantage when his team accidentally caught him instead of Sonic. He is also manipulative, tricking Zeena into fighting Sonic with praise and compliments, and sending Sonic into disarray with psychological taunts.
Zavok comes off as very prideful. He disdains the idea of being in servitude to another being which can aggravate him to the point where he will speak up despite the danger present to him. Zavok's pride transcends into arrogance, which is shown in his mockery at Eggman for attempting to enslave him and the Zeti and at Sonic challenging him. He also has a bit of an ego in that he thinks he is better than everybody else, calling himself "the one Zeti" Sonic could not defeat even after losing to the hedgehog beforehand. Regardless, he respects those that prove themselves worthy adversaries.
Like the other Deadly Six, Zavok is inherently malicious, sadistic and violent. He relishes in inflicting pain, torturing and killing others, telling Sonic how he would enjoy his screams and fear. He also finds joy in tormenting others psychologically, gleefully taunting Sonic with the losses of his friends. An omnicidal monster, he has no qualms about causing global genocide for his own gain or personal reasons, as he was perfectly content with destroying the Earth for the benefits of his team. Likewise, Zavok is very vengeful and will seize any opportunity for retribution; once Eggman had no means of controlling him, Zavok quickly sought to make him pay for his abuse, going as far to destroy his world to spite him, and plotted to turn Tails against Sonic after being humiliated by Sonic.
Powers and abilities
Zavok is regarded as the strongest warrior of the Zeti race. He possesses great fighting skills and his tutelage under Master Zik has made him a certified force to be reckoned with. His is so great that it is recognized by everyone, including his master. He excels in close combat, using combos of punches where he can surround his fists with red energy for more powerful strikes and using guards to protect himself. As another testament to his strength, Zavok has never needed to use his full power before his final battle with Sonic.
Zavok is noted to possess formidable physical prowess. He is capable of superhuman feats of strength, enough to punch over a meter thick robot parts off their joints with a single strike. He also has incredible jumping skill, allowing him to leap high into the air and across very large distances in an instant. To match his strength, Zavok has a large amount of endurance and durability, enough to let him withstand Sonic's regular Homing Attack and continue fighting indefinitely. He is also able to move at speeds matching Sonic's as small dashes.
Besides physical skills, Zavok is capable of flight. He also possesses a degree of pyrokinetic abilities that let him fire large fireballs from the palm of his hands. With the use of a secret formula, Zavok can immensely increase his own size at will. While in this state, Zavok's strength, mass, and durability are increased to the point where he can effortlessly barge through anything and withstand several explosions before going down, and he can shoot either an intense laser or immense fireballs from his mouth. Zavok refers to this state as his "full strength".
As a Zeti, Zavok possesses the innate ability to manipulate magnetic fields, which enables him to control electronics. This allows Zavok to take control of robots and other kinds of machinery.
As the leader of the Deadly Six, Zavok is very loyal to his fellow Zeti, who in turn have a lot of respect for him. He seemingly holds them in high esteem, referring to them as "brothers" and had every intention of sharing the energy the Extractor harvested with them. Amongst the Deadly Six, Zavok has taken a liking to Zazz due to his readiness to fight anything. He also holds a great amount of respect for his teacher Master Zik. When Master Zik wanted to take care of Sonic, Zavok did not want him to bother himself with it as it was beneath him, and when he gave him the idea of turning Sonic into a robot, Zavok respectfully thanked him for the plan.
Regardless of his respect for his team members (excluding Master Zik), Zavok is a strict and anti-social leader. He is not above using his team as a means to his own end, like letting Zazz fruitlessly fight Sonic so he could learn more about his enemy or tricking Zeena to go out on a mission, and he will lash out at them when they fail to carry out his orders. He also does not always get along with their quirks, such as Zeena's lack of initiative and arrogance. Also, as implied by Zazz, Zavok will go to the extent of physically punishing his team should they fail him.
Due to him enslaving and humiliating him, Zavok holds nothing but spite for Dr. Eggman. Even while under the threat of being exposed to the Cacophonic Conch, Zavok spoke up against Eggman and expressed his contempt at him when the doctor criticized them. He also does not think highly of the doctor and considers him a fool. Regardless, he does respect Eggman's technological prowess. Once Sonic accidentally freed Zavok from Eggman's control, Zavok quickly seized the opportunity to take revenge on Eggman by attack him with everything at his disposal and had every intention of making Eggman suffer and eventually claim his life. Also, when Zavok set the Extractor to destroy the earth, one of his reasons for doing this was to kill Eggman as revenge.
Despite his past with Eggman however, Zavok willingly let himself work for Eggman during Dodon Pa's Grand Prix. However, he still as hostile towards Eggman as ever, telling him wrathfully to not take him lightly or criticize his skills.
Sonic the Hedgehog
When Zavok first heard of Sonic the Hedgehog from Eggman, he was intrigued by the blue hedgehog and desired to learn more. When Sonic set out to stop them once they broke free, Zavok thought of him as no more than a nuisance destined to fail. As Sonic continuously defeated the Deadly Six, however, Zavok began to see Sonic more like a legitimate threat and acknowledged his strength; Zavok himself admitted that if Sonic did not try his patience, he would respect him. When Master Zik later brought it up, Zavok gained an interest in making Sonic the Deadly Six's robotic slave.
After the other Deadly Six had been defeated, Zavok decided to take care of Sonic personally, but was too dealt humiliating defeats. Infuriated by Sonic, Zavok decided to take revenge on him by turning his best friend into an robotic instrument to use against him.
Although technically not the real Zavok, his replica had the same personality traits relating to Sonic as the original, as shown by their interaction before and during the battle, and also implied upon his defeat that the replica at least retained enough of the original's memories up to his defeat that it expressed irritation at losing to him again.
- Amy Rose
- Big the Cat
- Blaze the Cat
- E-123 Omega
- Eggman Empire
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Rouge the Bat
- Shadow the Hedgehog
- Silver the Hedgehog
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Vector the Crocodile
Zavok is encountered at Sky Road in the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World. He rides and controls a giant, robotic serpent-like dragon with the same color scheme as Zavok. There is an encounter against Zavok, as well, as Zavok (without the robot dragon) punches and stomps on Sonic at Zone Four of Sky Road. In Zone Two, Zavok rides the dragon, as the robot dragon shoots fireballs at Sonic, but the weak point is shown as the tail. This battle takes place in a planetoid-sphere arena which eventually turns into a 2.5D arena in Zone Two.
In other media
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, Zavok and Deadly Six were enslaved by Dr. Eggman with the Cacophonic Conch, but got liberated by Sigma, a villainous robot from an alternate world. Zavok personally helped Sigma with his plan, only to betray him when he and the Deadly Six received power-enhancing armor from him. Zavok's attempts to control Sigma however, proved in vain as the robot took control of Zavok's mind using a device hidden in his armor and had him serve as one of his commanders until the unified heroes freed him. The Deadly Six's involvement would later be erased when Xander Payne erased all the events of Worlds Unite.
In the not-so-distant future, Zavok would meet Eggman again on the Lost Hex, only to be enslaved by the doctor once more.
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by IDW Publishing, Zavok is a villainous Zeti. He and his team, Deadly Six, were once forcibly enslaved by Dr. Eggman before they eventually betrayed him. His past is virtually identical to his game counterparts' up until after Sonic Forces.
- In Sonic Forces, Zavok's theme song is a remix of "Battle with Zavok" called "Battle with Death Queen" that plays during the boss fight with his replica and the Death Queen.
- In Team Sonic Racing, Zavok's theme is "Team Ultimate: Zavok", a remix of "The Deadly Six Theme" that plays during his Team Ultimate.
- In Sonic at the Olympic Games (2020), Zavok's theme is a remix of "Battle with Death Queen" that plays during his boss fight.
- "That's what I like about you, Zazz. Always ready for a fight, even before you know what you're fighting."
- —Zavok praising Zazz for his personality.
- "Strike, brothers! Make the fool pay for our abuse and enslavement!"
- —Zavok ordering Zazz and Zomom to attack Eggman after being freed.
- "Please, Master Zik; this is not something you should trouble yourself with. It's beneath you."
- —Zavok telling Master Zik not to concern himself with Sonic.
- "Well, that was so easy I almost feel guilty."
- —Zavok after getting Zeena to fight Sonic.
- "Your efforts are impressive little hedgehog, but you are destined to fail, as the fat fool has failed before you."
- —Zavok contacting Sonic in Frozen Factory.
- "You incompetent fools! I cannot trust you with the simplest of tasks. All right. We can use this to our advantage."
- —Zavok after discovering they had captured Tails instead of Sonic.
- "This is the pest who has beaten the others? Pathetic. I'm going to have to find better Zeti."
- —Zavok taunting Sonic during Sky Road Zone 2.
- "Insignificant hedgehog! I'll shatter you, your friends, and your world!"
- —Zavok taunting Sonic during Sky Road Zone 2.
- "It would be hard for you to joke with no teeth. I'll savor your every scream and feast upon your fear."
- —Zavok taunting Sonic during Sky Road Zone 2.
- "I will show you my full strength..."
- —Zavok before battling him in Sky Road Zone 2
- "That's right. Enrage me further!"
- —Zavok during his battle with him in Sky Road Zone 2
- "Maybe it's too early to kill you..."
- —Zavok after being defeated in Sky Road Zone 2.
- "One by one, your friends are falling. Soon you'll be all alone."
- —Zavok after Sonic loses contact with Amy and Knuckles.
- "Your fate is to be destroyed! Why won't you just accept that, lie down and die?!"
- —Zavok taunting Sonic during Sky Road Zone 4
- "All this effort, just to reach the one Zeti you cannot defeat. As Zor would say, "How pointless.""
- —Zavok taunting Sonic during Sky Road Zone 4.
- "Tenacious little hedgehog. I'd respect you if I didn't hate you so much."
- —Zavok taunting Sonic during Sky Road Zone 4.
- "Playtime is over, hedgehog!"
- —Zavok before battling him in Sky Road Zone 4
- "Now, now, don't break too easily!"
- —Zavok during the battle against him in Sky Road Zone 4.
- "Our next meeting looks to be interesting."
- —Zavok after being defeated in Sky Road Zone 4.
- "You are a waste of my time, Sonic. And I despise waste!"
- —Zavok taunting Sonic during Lava Mountain Zone 3.
- "Let's put an end to this!"
- —Zavok's opening line when fighting him in Lava Mountain Zone 3.
- "That ineffectual Eggman was right. You are a nuisance. Like a gnat to be swatted."
- —Zavok taunting Sonic halfway up the tower in Lava Mountain Zone 3.
THIS IS MY FULL STRENGTH!!!
— Zavok, about to unleash his full wrath upon Sonic
- "That's the first time... I went full power..."
- —Zavok's last words after being defeated in Lava Mountain Zone 3.
- Zavok's name may be based on the word "havoc", fitting his role as a world-destroying villain.
- Zavok's final battle is similar to the fight with Bowser in New Super Mario Bros. Wii and New Super Mario Bros. 2. In addition, the way he is defeated is done in a similar way to Bowser's battles in Super Mario Galaxy 2. Also, both Zavok and Bowser shoot fireballs and both fall into the lava when defeated.
- Zavok and Bowser's physical appearances are also similar too, as they both have spiked wrist bands and hair tufts hanging backwards from their heads, and feet with claws.
- The similarities are noted in the intro to Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, where the two are shown facing each other in a boxing match.
- Zavok is the only member of the Deadly Six (and the only boss other than Eggman) to have his own theme for boss fights. That being said, Zavok's battle theme also plays during Master Zik's rematch in the Nintendo 3DS version of the game, as both of them are fought in the same Zone.
- Initially, Zavok was given the subtitle "Master of Chaos", but it was later changed to "King of Chaos."
- In the Wii U and PC version of Sonic Lost World, Zavok is the only one of the Deadly Six who can withstand Sonic's Focused Homing Attack.
- During the Zavok boss fight in Sonic Forces, when the replica of Zavok is defeated by Sonic, he will say "No! How could I lose to the likes of you again?", implying that the replica has the memories of the original Zavok.
- Zavok and Zeena are the only Deadly Six members whose names are never mentioned in Sonic Lost World.
- SEGA (23 June 2016). Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Wii U. Nintendo. Area/Level: Collectibles (Flags). "Zavok is the strongest of the sinister Zeti and the leader of the Deadly Six. As the last disciple of Master Zik, he's a certified force to be reckoned with. Along with his formidable physical prowess, a calm demeanor and penchant for quick-thinking makes his well-suited to leadership. His greatest joy is in improving his skills, which makes the straight-forward competitive nature of the Olympic Games quite appealing."
- Devra Newberger Speregen (2016). Sonic: The Ultimate Character Guide. Scholastic. ISBN 978-1338033243.
- Could use this move in Sonic Forces: Speed Battle.
- Zavok at the beginning of his boss battle in Sky Road Zone 4.
- SEGA (23 June 2016). Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games Wii U. Nintendo. "tristan: Zavok is the leader of the Zeti, a race of scaaary demons! He's also their strongest warrior!"
- Team Sonic Racing English instruction manual.
- Sega (5 November 2019). Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020. Nintendo DS. Sega. "Zavok's profile: Who mentored Zavok--the leader of Dr. Eggman's Deadly Six--in martial arts? / Answer: Master Zik / Smart and cool under fire, Zavok's power recognized by everyone, even his mentor. The other Deadly Six have a lot of respect for Zavok."
- File:SLW Zik Profile.jpg
- Sonic Lost World. Retrieved on 6 October 2013. “The leader of the Deadly Six, Zavok is a merciless and cruel being with his eye on one thing – world domination. When Zavok spots the opportunity to overthrow Dr. Eggman and destroy the world, it seems nothing will stand in his way.”
- Sonic Lost World (Wii U) electronic manual.
- Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (2014). In-game description of the "Deadly Six" trophy.
- Japanese profile for Zavok: "The leader of the Deadly Six, clearheaded and with high battle skill."
- Sonic Team (October 29, 2013). Sonic Lost World. Nintendo Wii U. Sega. Level/Area: Lava Mountain Zone 1. "Zazz: The boss is gonna beat me!"
- File:Zavok Master of Chaos.png