Yoshi's Island Zone's overall aesthetic is highly reminiscent of the levels in Yoshi's Story.
In Yoshi's Island Zone, Sonic travels to Yoshi's Island to save the Yoshis. Sonic travels through a 2.5D side-scrolling Zone featuring an influx of items, both Sonic the Hedgehog and Yoshi-themed. The level contains elements such as Blue Warp Pipes, Piranha Plants, and Shy Guys.
Throughout the level there are Yoshi Eggs the player can pick up. If the player then completes the level without taking any damage, the eggs will hatch into various colored Yoshis and give Sonic several 1-Ups. After beating Yoshi's Island Zone, the level disappears until the player gets another 100,000 points.
- The Rings are replaced with coins that have Yoshi's head on them.
- The Red Star Rings are replaced with the flowers from Yoshi's Island.
- The flowers can be used as a bonus in a Goal Ring roulette which will give the player another 1-Up if it lands on one.
- Yoshi's Story previously appeared in a Dream Event for Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games.
- This is the second DLC stage to be released for Sonic Lost World, after the NiGHTMARE Zone.
- In the DLC trailer for the game, Sonic, Tails, and Yoshi are represented by cobalt-colored African hedgehog, a red fox that has only one tail, and a tyrannosaurus rex, while Dr. Eggman is depicted as a tan chicken's egg with his trademark moustache cartoonishly added on.
- The music that plays in this zone is a remix of a track from Yoshi's Island called "Flower Garden".
|Song Name||Music Track||Length||Composer/Performer|
|Yoshi's Island Zone||3:18|