The World Entrance Level 2 is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It is a giant robot that resembles Metal Sonic. This robot was used once in an attempt to destroy Knuckles, Espio, Vector, Charmy, Heavy and Bomb, but was defeated by them.
The World Entrance Level 2 has a similar appearance to Metal Sonic, although it is much bigger, more monstrous-looking and red in color. The quills, "ears", and spines on its back are long and sharp. The World Entrance Level 2 also has separated eyes that are similar to a visor, with a long, sharp nose located between them. The robot has a mouth, with sharp metal teeth inside. On its torso, it has a black circular depression with a yellow bulb. Its arms and legs are separated from its torso. There are also some exposed tubes on its body.
In Knuckles' Chaotix, after his last fight, a heavily damaged Metal Sonic comes to rest in front of Dr. Robotnik. With his Dark Ring, the doctor takes the robot away. In his place, the World Entrance Level 2 appeared. The giant robot battled Knuckles, Espio, Vector, Charmy, Heavy and Bomb. Despite its strength, it was defeated by the heroes.
If not all the Chaos Rings have been collected, it will be revealed that World Entrance Level 2 had survived the battle against its enemies and went on to burn down a city.
Powers and abilities
The World Entrance Level 2 is capable of flight. It can also fire powerful laser beams from the bulb in its torso.
In other media
Sonic the Comic
In the Sonic the Comic comic series published by Fleetway Editions, a similar robot to the World Entrance Level 2 called Emperor Metallix appears in this series. He was the leader of the Brotherhood of Metallix, created by the robots themselves.
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, the World Entrance Level 2 boss is referred to as Titan Metal Sonic. The first Titan Metal Sonic that appeared was a transformation of Metal Sonic v2.0, which he achieved with a Power Gem. However, he was defeated by Knuckles. The next incarnation to appear would be a rebuilt model made by Dr. Eggman as the ultimate attack robot, which he would begin deploying in the aftermath of Operation: Clean Sweep.
After the Super Genesis Wave re-wrote history, Titan Metal Sonic would have the same history as its video game counterpart.
The boss fight takes place in a square-shaped room. It is divided into three phases with the World Entrance Level 2:
- In the first phase, the World Entrance Level 2 will be located to the right side of the boss field and will try to attack the playable character with its hand. The player has to hit the robot eight times to proceed to the second phase.
- In the second phase, the World Entrance Level 2 will be located in the background of the boss field. It will try to crush the playable character with one of its hands. The player has to hit its hand while attacking another eight times to destroy it.
- In the third and final phase, the World Entrance Level 2 will be located to the left side of the room. It will then charge a laser beam with its bulb and fire it towards the other side. Touching the laser will damage the playable character. While the robot is not charging its laser, the player has to hit the bulb eight times to destroy the robot.
- This boss can be very easy if playing as Charmy and Heavy, as Charmy is invincible while flying and Heavy is invincible in general.
- By hacking into Knuckles' Chaotix, it is possible to find an unused sprite of the head of the World Entrance Level 2 with several tubes hanging from its "neck".
- According to the unused sprites of the boss fight, there are more attacks from World Entrance Level 2 such as shooting out smaller lasers or "bullets".
- Giga Metal, a transformation that appears in Sonic Mania Plus, resembles the World Entrance Level 2.