- You maybe looking for Whirlwind.
The Whirlwind S7 (MTP-2ホイルーウインドS7 MTP-2 hoirūuindo S7?, lit. "MTP-02 Wheelwind S7"), also known as the MTP-01 Wheelwind (MTP-01ホイルーウインド MTP-01 hoirūuindo?), is a vehicle that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It is a racing car that Tails used during his early racing competitions.
The Whirlwind S7 is a yellow and white race car. In Sonic Drift, it is similar to a F1 car circa 1960-70. Its exhausts are perched under the spoiler, not on the back bumper, and it has a white front panel. In Sonic Drift 2, the car was slightly redesigned, with the jet engines being removed and rear wheels having been downscaled to match the front wheels, causing it to more closely resemble a real-life Lotus Super Seven.
Sonic Drift series
The Whirlwind S7 first appeared in Sonic Drift as Tails's personal racing car, which he uses during races. In this game, it is referred to as the MTP-01 Wheelwind (MTP-01ホイルーウインド MTP-01 hoirūuindo?) in the Japanese manual.
In gameplay, the Whirlwind S7 has good to control when making turns, but has otherwise low maximum speed. As its special ability, the Whirlwind S7 can perform a flying leap to dash forward. This special ability has the same effect as the Springs in the game. Using this ability however, costs two Rings.
|Tails||MTP-01 Wheelwind||Jump||A solid racer with good cornering but low max speed.|
Sonic Drift 2
In Sonic Drift 2, the Whirlwind S7 returned as Tails' personal race car that he uses in the game's racing competitions. In this game, it received a slight redesign and is referred to as the Whirlwind S7 (MTP-2ホイルーウインドS7 MTP-2 hoirūuindo S7?, lit. "MTP-02 Wheelwind S7").
In gameplay, the Whirlwind S7 possesses medium acceleration, top speed, and handling. As such, it possesses no outstanding qualities or weaknesses. Also, like in Sonic Drift, the Whirlwind S7's special ability allows Tails and his vehicle to perform a flying "Jump" to dash forward. This special ability has the same effect as the Jump Springs and Jump power-ups in the game. Like before, using this ability costs two Rings.
|Miles "Tails" Prower||Whirlwind S7||Tails uses the Jump to propel him over obstacles and opponents. The Jump can be used even in a turn.||Medium||Medium||Medium|
Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld
In Sonic the Hedgehog's Gameworld, the Whirlwind S7, along with other three characters' vehicles from Sonic Drift, are used in the "Car Race" minigame. In the Car Race, the Whirlwind S7 is used by Tails to race around a circular track in a one-lap kart race against the other characters.
- Whirlwind S7's name and design is based upon the Lotus Super Seven, which is Tails' favorite car.
- Tails is seen with a Lotus Super Seven in one of the hidden pictures featured in Sonic the Hedgehog CD and another rare illustration. Tails also drives a Lotus Super Seven in the Sonic the Hedgehog serialized manga series published by Shogakukan, specifically in the December 1992 issue of Bessatsu CoroCoro Comic Special.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Sonic Drift 2 (Sega Game Gear) United States instruction booklet, pg. 7.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Sonic Drift 2 (Sega Game Gear) Japanese instruction booklet, pg. 31.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic Drift (Sega Game Gear) Japanese instruction booklet, pg. 26.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (Sega Mega Drive) Japanese instruction manual, pg. 42-43.