The Weasel Bandits are a group that appears in the Sonic Boom series. They are a band of three identical anthropomorphic weasel thieves roaming Seaside Island. They are also members of the Lightning Bolt Society.
As the Weasel Bandits were plundering Gogoba Village, Sonic and Tails came. Getting knocked out by Sonic, the Weasel Bandits were tied up and catapulted away with a palm tree. However, the Gogobas feared the bandits' return, so they made Sonic and Tails stay.
One of the Weasel Bandits joined the Lightning Bolt Society's initiation of Tails, only to discover that he was not a bad guy. As Sonic, Amy and Eggman intruded at the same time, the Weasel Bandit tried stopping the heroes from rescuing Tails on Eggman's orders, but utterly failed. A Weasel Bandit also joined the Lightning Bolt Society's takeover of Eggman's empty lair, where they fumbled around and launched random attacks on Seaside Island until they got kicked out by Eggman and Team Sonic.
All three Weasel Bandits united with the Lightning Bolt Society as the Chameleon revealed the Village was theirs for the taking, with Sonic having retired and Team Sonic being away. Harassing the villagers with their allies, the Weasel Bandits later helped sent a sheep stampede into town. However, their efforts were foiled by Sonic when he returned. After this incident, one Weasel Bandit joined the Lightning Bolt Society as they pranked the villagers with a glued coin.
A Weasel Bandit and the Lightning Bolt Society later joined other local rogues at a meeting held by Eggman at his lair, who wanted them to form a team to beat Team Sonic. After some leadership disputes leading to team exercises, the Weasel Bandit agreed to Eggman's leadership so the group could prove themselves after Shadow the Hedgehog left the group criticizing them. At the attack on Team Sonic, the Weasel Bandit had Amy and Sticks chase him into his teammates' ambush by stealing Lady Walrus' purse. However, he and his team were defeated.
When robbing a store in the Village Center, the Weasel Bandits got caught by Team Sonic, only for Tommy Thunder to step in and take credit for the heroes' actions. The Weasel Bandits, however, were only happy to help the famous movie star. After pulling off a few crimes, the Weasel Bandits were forced by law to get a permit for committing evil. To do so, the group had to take an exam, which they passed, although the law was soon rendered null and void. Uniting with the Lightning Bolt Society, a Weasel Bandit prepared to help Dave get revenge at Meh Burger at its reopening for firing him by ruining the event, only to abandon the plan in favor of Meh Burger's party. There, he and the villagers got trapped in a force-field and sent towards space in Meh Burger by Eggman. Thanks to Team Sonic and Dave though, the Weasel Bandit was rescued, along with Meh Burger.
A Weasel Bandit would join the Lightning Bolt Society when Hedgehog Village got overrun by malware-infected robots. During the chaos, he got acknowledged by Knuckles when the echidna inspired the villagers to help Team Sonic fight the robots, who ultimately withdrew. One of the Weasel Bandits later tried out a vocation as a bowler with the Lightning Bolts after suffering one defeat too many. He and the Lightning Bolts quickly rose to stardom, but after the group broke up, the Weasel Bandit formed a new professional bowling team with the other Weasel Bandits. However, the group broke up over team name disputes while on the Comedy Chimp Show. Eventually, the first Weasel Bandit returned to a life of villainy after he and the Lightning Bolts reunited as a group of evildoers. When local gossip later revealed that Dr. Eggman was no doctor, a Weasel Bandit began seeing him as a joke. He thus joined the villagers in mocking Eggman during the scientist's next trip to the Village. All the Weasel Bandits soon after joined Professor Kingsford's Evil Science class to get doctorates. There, they joined a study group with fellow-student Eggman. Over the next eighty-seven weeks, the group witnessed Eggman face continuous failures and ruin their point grade average. However, the Weasel Bandits failed the final exam by not cheating (unlike Eggman).
All three Weasel Bandits share the same uniform, which includes black t-shirts with matching boots and newsie-caps, white gloves, and black bracelets. What distinguishes each member are their muzzle-obscuring bandanas which come in red, yellow, and blue.
When attending the Lightning Bolt Society, the group wears wine-colored robes and fezzes with the society's insignia on them. When trying out as bowlers one time, the group wore color-matching bowling uniforms based on their regular outfits.
- The Weasel Bandits are similar to Fang the Sniper from the Sonic the Hedgehog video games, who is a villainous treasure hunter weasel who tries to steal from others.
- One of the Weasel Bandits speaks with an Australian accent.
- The red-wearing Weasel Bandit attends spin classes on Tuesday nights.
- Saisselin, Peter (10 June 2017). "Lightning Bowler Society". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 83. Boomerang.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (22 July 2015). "Just a Guy". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 34. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (10 September 2017). "Vector Detector". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 96. Boomerang.
- Beechen, Adam (17 January 2015). "Guilt Tripping". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 9. Cartoon Network.
- Milano, Dan (7 March 2015). "How to Succeed in Evil Without Really Trying". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 16. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reed (16 May 2015). "Eggman Unplugged". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 26. Cartoon Network.
- Harrison, Reid (1 August 2015). "Next Top Villain". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 37. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (14 November 2015). "It Takes a Village to Defeat a Hedgehog". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 52. Cartoon Network.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (29 October 2016). "Tommy Thunder: Method Actor". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 53. Cartoon Network.
- Grenier, Benoit (21 January 2017). "The Evil Dr. Orbot". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 63. Boomerang.
- Baraou, Anne (18 March 2017). "Robot Employees". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 71. Boomerang.
- Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (20 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 3". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 80. Boomerang.
- Freiberger, Sam (8 July 2017). "Mister Eggman". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 87. Boomerang.
- Grenier, Benoit (14 October 2017). "You and I Bee-come One". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 99. Boomerang.