Sonic Generations (Nintendo 3DS)
Water Palace Act 1 is mostly water, with some parse land parts around it, making it a nod to the classic underwater levels from past Sonic games. In terms of gimmicks, this Act includes the water cannons seen in Pirates' Island, Underwater Mines, spiraling water slides, and the water pumps from the original Water Palace in Sonic Rush (although those must be activated with a Switch in this game). It also introduces a new bubble cannon gimmick that allows the player to produce bubbles that Classic Sonic can bounce on once in order to reach new paths (much like Balloons).
Towards the end of the Act, the player will enter an underwater passageway. Along this passageway, a giant Egg Diver in the background will follow Classic Sonic around while ramming the walls in order to stop Classic Sonic by bringing down debris that can damage Classic Sonic. When the giant Egg Diver finally breaks through the walls however, it will left dazed, thereby allowing the player to attack and destroy it, and open up for the passage leading to the Goal Plate.
This Act features water slides for Modern Sonic to slide down along, Underwater Mines to ride on, and Wooden Containers that the player can break through with the Stomp in order to proceed. The Act also features various water sections that Modern Sonic can run across with the Boost in order to reach the routes above the water sections.
|065||Die-Hard||Clear Water Palace Act 1 in 4:00.00 without losing a life!||Art||15th Anniversary Figure|
|066||Ring Collector||Collect 30 Rings in Water Palace Act 1 in 3:00.00!||Sound||Right There, Ride On|
|067||Keep the Pace||Grab Time Items and clear Water Palace Act 1 in time!||Art||2005 Illustration|
|068||Rampage!||Defeat 10 enemies in Water Palace Act 1 in 1:00.00!||Sound||Jeh Jeh Rocket|
|069||Stealth Attack||Clear Water Palace Act 1 in 2:00.00 without defeating enemies!||Sound||Vela Nova|
|070||Special Trial||Clear Water Palace Act 1 in 3:00.00 without taking a breather for bubbles!||Model||Omega|
|071||Perfection||Clear Water Palace Act 2 in 6:00.00 without taking damage!||Art||2006 Illustration|
|072||Ring Collector||Collect 70 Rings in Water Palace Act 2 in 2:00.00!||Sound||Blizzard Peaks Act 1/2 Mix|
|073||Keep the Pace||Grab Time Items and clear Water Palace Act 2 in time!||Art||Illustration 3|
|074||Rampage!||Defeat 15 enemies in Water Palace Act 2 in 3:00.00!||Sound||Sky Babylon Act 1/2 Mix|
|075||Stealth Attack||Clear Water Palace Act 2 in 6:00.00 without defeating enemies!||Sound||A New Venture|
|076||Item Collector||Get all Item Boxes in Water Palace Act 2 in 3:00.00!||Art||2008 Illustration|
|077||Special Trial||Clear Water Palace Act 2 in 3:00.00 without using bubbles!||Model||Cream & Cheese|
The following are the suggested clear times for achieving a high enough score to achieve each Rank:
- Water Palace is the only level to appear in the Nintendo 3DS version of Sonic Generations that is exclusive to a handheld title.
- While Act 1 seems to based off of only the first act of the original level, Act 2 is based off both acts from the original level.
- Act 1 features the small propellers from Hydrocity Zone.
- In the "Item Collector" mission, Modern Sonic goes through the palace backwards.
- After Modern Sonic exits the water slides, he starts "surfing" on the water. This is a reference to the Wii and PS2 versions of Sonic Unleashed.
- In the celling of the entrance in Act 2, there are five extra life item boxes hidden. Modern Sonic must get to the top of the first loop and then jump and boost to reach them.
- On a similar note, there are three ring boxes and an extra life item box under a water slide. Modern Sonic must jump before getting inside the water slide so he can fall under it.
|"Back 2 Back - Digital Remakin' Track"||Hideki Naganuma||2:47|
|"Back 2 Back - Cash Cash RMX"||Hideki Naganuma, remixed by Cash Cash||2:59|