Waluigi is Wario's partner and an enemy of Mario and Luigi. His name is a combination of warui, a Japanese word meaning "bad", and Luigi's name, hence, a bad Luigi. First seen in Mario Tennis, Waluigi began harassing Luigi in Mario Party 4.
Mario & Sonic series
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Waluigi makes his first appearance in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, as a character on Team Mario with a perfect skill level, 10/10, giving him an advantage in skill-based events, such as Archery, Aquatics, and Table Tennis. His missions include Vault gymnastics, Skeet Shooting, etc.
DS and Wii version includes missions for Waluigi.
DS includes these missions.
- Overcome a 3-second handicap to win in 400m hurdles
- Shoot only all blue targets in Shooting.
- Do a perfect performance in Vault
- Jump 3 times in a row of total of at least 48M in triple jump
- Don't get hit by your opponents for 30 seconds in Dream canoe
- Beat Eggman in dream fencing
Wii version includes these missions:
- Throw between 10–50 meters within three tries in Javelin throw
- Jump from the blue zone three times and clear the bar in pole vault
- Perform difficult moves 7 times in trampoline
- Finish in 3rd place in 4X100 freestyle
- Beat Luigi in single sculls
- Let Luigi start before you, then pass him in 400m hurdles
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
|Icon||Name||Ability Type||Wii Stats||DS Stats||Special||Emblem|
Waluigi Special (Moguls and deluxe halfpipe DS only)
Waluigi appeared again in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. He's appeared to have befriended a newcomer, Metal Sonic and was still friends with Eggman. The three of them were seen hatching a plan in the opening of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games. Waluigi also faces Sonic, Mario and friends in the DS Adventure Tours with Wario, but later joins them to attack them when they are off-guard. He helps take down a Flapper with Bob-Bombs and discover a secret passage.
Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
In Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Waluigi returns, again as the rival of Eggman and a Skill type character. In the Nintendo 3DS version, however, Waluigi is usable only in the mini games that require the group called the "Tricksters" (together with Wario, Dr. Eggman and Metal Sonic).
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
In Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games, Waluigi makes an appearance as a playable skill type character.
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games
In Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Waluigi appears as a playable skill type character. In the Nintendo 3DS version of the game, he is only available in the Long Jump and BMX events, but he is available in every event in the Wii U version.
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020
In Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020, Waluigi will appear as a playable character.
Super Smash Bros. series
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Waluigi appeared in Super Smash Bros. Brawl as an Assist Trophy. Once summoned, Waluigi will beat the opponent into the ground with his strong leg and then send them flying with a tennis racket. There is also a soundtrack of his theme song, "Waluigi Pinball".
In addition to appearing as an Assist Trophy, Waluigi also makes an appearance as a trophy and some stickers.
||A twig-thin man who sees himself as Luigi's Ultimate rival. He spent a long time working in the shadow of Mario Bros. before finally becoming strong enough to compete with them in Mario Tennis. Since then he's had many brilliant game appearances. While the nature of his relationship with Wario is a mystery, the pair have hatched some devious schemes together.|
|Waluigi||Mario Superstar Baseball||[Indirect] - Attack +8|
|Waluigi||Super Mario Strikers||[Slash] - Attack +15|
In addition, Luigi has an alternate costume similar to Waluigi's.
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U
In Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U, Waluigi reprises his role as an Assist Trophy and Trophy from Brawl, and functions nearly the same as he did in that game. Luigi still has an alternate costume based on Waluigi's outfit, and Mario also has one based on Waluigi's outfit.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Waluigi returns as an Assist Trophy. In addition, Mario and Luigi retain their alternate costumes inspired by Waluigi. Two spirits of also Waluigi appear, one of which uses his artwork from Mario Strikers Charged. He also appears in the Standard Bike's spirit.
- "He, He, He, He" - Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- "Hehheh, Waluigi number one!" - Earning 1st place in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games with Waluigi
- "Hehhehheh, Waluigi number one" - Earning 1st place in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games in awards ceremony (it's same as earning first place from event)
- "He, Waluigi get you next time "- Earning 2nd or 3rd place Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
- "Whaa? nooo" - Earning 4th place in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- "Oh yeah" - Winning an event in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games with Waluigi .
- "Yeah!" - Doing good in an event in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "Waa!" - Making a mistake in an event in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "Move it!" - Waluigi when he uses his power serve in Dream Table Tennis in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "I'm a living legend" -When Waluigi sets a new record.
- "Hahhah, Waluigi Number one!" When Waluigi wins an event.
- "Let's go!" - Waluigi when he uses his power punch in Dream Boxing in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "Waluigi." Waluigi says this when he is picked in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games.
- "Bhwahaha!" This is Waluigi's laugh. It is similar to Wario's. It's also heard in a beginning of an event in the Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games series DS versions only.
- "Waluigi time!" Waluigi when starting an event in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games with Waluigi (Wii version only)
- "Whaahuhhahwawawawawaa!" Losing with snow machine fighting in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- "About time we got moving, eh, Wario?" Waluigi to Wario when they needed to move location in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games DS Adventure Tour.
- "So what if we did? We'll have our revenge in Snowboard Cross!" Waluigi after his bobsleigh loss in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- "Waluigi found the secret room. Three cheers for Waluigi!" Waluigi after finding the secret room in Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.
- Waluigi's colors are Luigi's colors inverted.
- According to Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games, Waluigi and Wario are not related, but actually just friends.
- Waluigi was created by Camelot Software Planning, a former division of Sega then known as Sonic! Software Planning.