Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric has recieved panned reviews, mainly due to glitches, nagging dialogues and other things to do with the gameplay. But get this: SEGA and Big Red Button are attempting to fix some of the bugs in the game! A large patch for this game was released. The game has been patched in the EU so far.And now the Patch is available to North America . Here is more info about the patch.
NOTE: Due to how big the patch is, there are some unnoticed changes. See the latest installments...
Size: 1 GB (1080 MB)
There were several bugs fixed:
- The Knuckles Infinite Jump bug is fixed
- There are level barriers which prevent the player from escaping the map.
Now there is an executable file where the hard coded bug fixes are.
There is an addition:
Navigation Arrows: These show you where to go. If you think the Navigation Arrows are annoying, you can turn them off with the analogue sticks. But there is a small disadvantage to this, although it shows you where to go, you can still miss some vital items which you need in a level. So you may still not know what to do.
And there are improvements as well:
- Improved framerate when Speed sections happen.
- Loop de Loops are less choppy.
- There are some minor lighting improvements and the shadows are also improved.
On another note, the cutscene in which Lyric takes control of Metal Sonic now has a better lighting effect. This is the only cutscene to get this. Here's a video comparing the two cutscenes:
- The controller diagrams in the pause menu have a diffferent coloration, (Eg: the blue rings around the home menu.
Six levels have been changed and each level is stored in a massive steam file. The levels changed are:
- Cliff’s Excavation Site
- Bygone Island
- Tomb of Lyric
- Lyric’s Weapons Factory (past)
- Crater Lake
- Ocean Purification Plant.
It is unknown what was changed in these levels so far.
Would you try the game with these patches?