The Unbolterizer is an object that that appears in the Sonic Boom television series. It is a weapon for Tails' Plane developed by Miles "Tails" Prower which is capable of breaking down artificial constructs.
The Unbolterizer is a handgun-like weapon akin to the Cyclone Blaster, except the Unbolterizer is slightly smaller and has a thinner barrel, two lower handles on the end, and cords on the outside.
Features and abilities
When used, the Unbolterizer fires a beam that causes artificial constructs, such as remote controls, metal cages and robots, to instantly fall apart. This makes it a lethal weapon to even the strongest robots. Conversely, it can also fire beams that can short-circuit electronic systems without disassembling their machines. Interestingly enough, the Unbolterizer's beams can ricochet off the surfaces they hit.
Created by Tails, the Unbolterizer was first used by the fox in an attempt to help his team defeat Octopus Bot, despite it being untested. However, the Unbolterizer malfunctioned and triggered a rock slide with its shot that nearly killed his team. Ridden with guilt, Tails retreated to his workshop until he could fix the Unbolterizer, and soon discovered he forgot to use a counterweight to compensate for changes in velocity (and that there was a fish inside it). After doing a successful test with the Unbolterizer at Dr. Eggman's lair, Tails used it to free his team, who had been captured by T.W. Barker, by breaking the cages holding them. The Unbolterizer was later deployed again by Tails to destroy Giant Robot and save its captive Zooey.
During a dogfight with one of Morristown's sentries, Tails used the Unbolterizer on his plane to shoot down the sentry's ship without destroying it. Tails later tried using the Unbolterizer from his plane again to help his team when Eggman attacked them with his robots, only for the device to malfunction. Thankfully, Tails was able to fix the weapon and use it to blow Eggman's robots to pieces. When Dr. Eggman later attacked Team Sonic with his Ball Bots, Tails used a portable Unbolterizer to fight off the robots.
- In "Circus of Plunders", the Unbolterizer's beam was colored orange, but in "Tails' Crush" it was colored blue.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Banker, Mark; Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg (7 February 2015). "Circus of Plunders". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 12. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Harrison, Reid (22 August 2015). "Tails' Crush". Sonic Boom. Season 1. Episode 40. Cartoon Network.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Denton, Alan; Hahn, Greg; Freiberger, Bill (13 May 2017). "Robots From The Sky Part 2". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 79. Boomerang.
- ↑ Freiberger, Sam (1 July 2017). "Inn Sanity". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 86. Boomerang.
- ↑ Harrison, Reid (10 September 2017). "Vector Detector". Sonic Boom. Season 2. Episode 96. Boomerang.