The Ultimate Energy Engine is an object that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It was an extremely powerful engine developed by Donpa Motors to usher in a new era of prosperity and cooperation throughout the universe. However, it was targeted by Dr. Eggman, who sought to use it for his own nefarious purposes.
Powers and traits
The Ultimate Energy Engine is described as the fastest and most powerful engine in the universe, suggesting it provides power on a cosmic scale. Dr. Eggman himself theorized that if he used it to power his Death Egg, he would command an invincible force of his own.
The Ultimate Energy Engine is powered by nothing but the inherent strength of teamwork, making it a clean source of energy.
Team Sonic Racing
In Team Sonic Racing, the Ultimate Energy Engine was a top secret project developed by Donpa Motors for philanthropic uses. When completed, it could be used to usher in a new era of prosperity and cooperation throughout the universe by revolutionizing transportation, fueling new industries, and reducing pollution using only the strength of teamwork.
Eventually, all the Ultimate Energy Engine needed for completion was sufficient information on enough accumulated Ultimate Team Energy. Wanting to produce the best results with the aid of the best, Dodon Pa got the best racers he could find across space and time to compete in a team-orientated Grand Prix of his, believing they could provided better teamwork results than his staff and resources at Donpa Motors could. However, he kept his motives hidden to perserve the Ultimate Energy Engine's secrecy. After each race, Dodon Pa would then sent the information he gathered from the racers' teamwork to his research and development, who used it to work on the engine.
Dr. Eggman eventually found out about the engine from Dodon Pa. Realizing he could use it to make his Death Egg invincible, Eggman hired Zavok to steal it. However, Zavok was unable to find it, as it was apparently kept in an unknown location. Later, the rest of Dodon Pa's racers learned of the Ultimate Energy Engine from Dodon Pa after discovering his background. Knowing it was for a good cause, the racers agreed to keep competing.
Growing impatient, Eggman decided to kidnap Dodon Pa and make him hand over the Ultimate Energy Engine. Dodon Pa explained, however, that the engine was worthless to him, as enough Ultimate Team Energy had yet to be accumulated to complete it. Furthermore, by kidnapping Dodon Pa, Eggman had made the racers stop racing, thus cutting off the energy needed to complete the Ultimate Energy Engine. To remedy that, Eggman made the heroes who came after him to save Dodon Pa face him and his henchmen in a series of races, thereby producing the Ultimate Team Energy needed to finish the Ultimate Energy Engine. Upon its completion however, Eggman stole the engine and installed it into his Death Egg to crush Sonic. However, the Death Egg eventually went crazy and drove straight into the Final Fortress's energy core, destroying it, the racers' cars, the Final Fortress, and the Ultimate Energy Engine.
- Sumo Digital (21 May 2019). Team Sonic Racing. PlayStation 4. Sega. Area/Level: Chapter 6: The Kidnapping. "Rouge: Okay, so you're the president of an automobile corporation, but why are you holding these races? And why did you invite us so secretly? / Dodon Pa: Very simple little girl bat. We are creating the fastest, most powerful engine in the universe. I'm calling it the "Ultimate Energy Engine." Very secret. Very hush hush. / Rouge: Don't you have facilities and people to do these races? / Dodon Pa: If you want the best, you need help from the best. Hence, you and your friends."
- Sumo Digital (21 May 2019). Team Sonic Racing. PlayStation 4. Sega. Area/Level: Chapter 7: The Final Showdown. "Dr. Eggman: With this engine inside my Death Egg I'll be invincible!"
- Sumo Digital (21 May 2019). Team Sonic Racing. PlayStation 4. Sega. Area/Level: Chapter 6: The Kidnapping. "Tails: So, your Ultimate Energy Engine will revolutionize transportation, fuel new industries, and reduce pollution using nothing but the inherent strength of teamwork? / Dodon Pa: Indeed. I've been devoting myself to the racing industry for the development of new technologies and universal peace for many, many years. This is the breakthrough moment."
- Sumo Digital (21 May 2019). Team Sonic Racing. PlayStation 4. Sega. Area/Level: Chapter 7: The Final Showdown. "Dodon Pa: Hohohoho! Good news, person who kidnapped me! Sufficient energy has been accumulated! My Ultimate Energy Engine is complete! This invention will usher in a new era of prosperity and cooperation throughout the-"
- Sumo Digital (21 May 2019). Team Sonic Racing. PlayStation 4. Sega. Area/Level: Chapter 6: The Kidnapping. "Omochao: The telemetrics I intercepted must be part of your research and development. / Dodon Pa: Of course. One cannot create something without information. And I have gathered much information from your races. / Omochao: Have you? / Dodon Pa: Indeed. The energies generated from your teamwork are astonishingly powerful, and key to the creation of my Ultimate Energy Engine."
- Sumo Digital (21 May 2019). Team Sonic Racing. PlayStation 4. Sega. Area/Level: Chapter 6: The Kidnapping. "Silver: I saw you and Dodon Pa talking earlier. / Dr. Eggman: So? It's a free universe, last time I checked. / Silver: Not if you had your way. What were the two of you talking about? / Dr. Eggman: We were discussing science stuff way above your pay grade, dimwit. / Silver: Science stuff like the Ultimate Energy Engine? That kind of power must have made you hungry with desire. / Dr. Eggman: Yes, yes, with that engine I could finally destroy...! I don't know what you're talking about! / Silver: So, you hired Zavok to steal it, didn't you? / Dr. Eggman: Ugh. Am I really that obvious?"
- Sumo Digital (21 May 2019). Team Sonic Racing. PlayStation 4. Sega. Area/Level: Chapter 3: Guess Who's Back!?. "Dr. Eggman: ...and you're sure your Ultimate Energy Engine can do all that? / Dodon Pa: Indeed, indeed. You will be most pleased with it, my good sir."
- Sumo Digital (21 May 2019). Team Sonic Racing. PlayStation 4. Sega. Area/Level: Chapter 5: The Race Continues. "Dr. Eggman: I can't believe you were discovered! You're obviously not the master of hiding. Did you at least get "the thing" we talked about? / Zavok: No. It has eluded me. It is clearly kept in an unknown location."