Twinkle Circuit is a sub game in Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut. It is located near the entrance to Twinkle Park. Sonic, Amy, and Big can access it after they clear Twinkle Park. Tails, Knuckles and Gamma on the other hand can access it with a cart pass. All characters may also access Twinkle Circuit in Trial mode.
Each character drives a different-colored Bumper Car with varying top speed, acceleration and handling. The possible car colors are as follows:
- Amy Rose: Pink
- Big the Cat: Green
- E-102 Gamma: Black
- Knuckles the Echidna: Red
- Miles "Tails" Prower: Orange
- Metal Sonic: Blue
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Blue
The objective of Twinkle Park is to clear three laps in the shortest time possible. Collecting Rings increases the car's top speed and acceleration until they reach their maximum at ninety-nine Rings. Also, driving over a Dash Panel will catapult the car forward in a straight line while leaving after-images in their wake. Crossing the jumps in the course can be tricky; depending on the speed and angle the player approaches the jumps at, they can fly off at an angle and fall off the circuit, losing a life; if they are travelling slowly enough, they may not be able to make the jump and fall.
Samba GP course
An additional course for Twinkle Circuit One courses was released as a VMU download for the Dreamcast release as the "Samba GP" course. This one used an instrumental version of "Super Sonic Racing" from Sonic R if Sonic entered the course.
- The music of Twinkle Circuit can be heard when Tails' plane malfunctions at the start of his and Sonic's stories.
- Also Sonic's theme, "It Doesn't Matter", plays at a certain part of the music.
- Four others Twinkle Circuit courses exist in in the data of Sonic Adventure. These courses are completely unused, requiring the player to modify the Act ID via cheats in order to access them.
|Twinkle Circuit||Fumie Kumatani||2:21|