Sonic Generations (Nintendo 3DS)
In Tropical Resort Act 1, the player is able to use the Red Burst by picking up Red Wisps from Wisp Capsules. As such, this Act features various gimmicks that supports the Red Burst. These include explosive black Exploding Balloons that the Red Burst/Classic Sonic can bounce on, ferris wheel-based catapults that can launch the Red Burst through midair and barriers, and floating fireballs that can recharge the player's Wisp Gauge.
Towards the end of the Act, the player has to ride a series of firework rockets in order to reach the Goal Plate at the top.
In Tropical Resort Act 2, the player is able to use the Cyan Laser by picking up Cyan Wisps from Wisp Capsules. As such, this Act features Prisms that can redirect the Cyan Laser once it is fired and take Modern Sonic to higher routes.
Towards the end of the Act, the player enters a 3D section where they must grind along three parallel Grind Rails that are constantly being bombarded by meteorites; should any of these meteorites hit Modern Sonic, it will result in an instant death. In order to dodge the meteorties, the player must avoid the red spots on the Grind Rails that mark where the meteorties will land by Grind Stepping between Grind Rails.
|078||Perfection||Clear Tropical Resort Act 1 in 1:00.00 without taking damage!||Sound||Reach for the Stars|
|079||Ring Collector||Collect 30 Rings in Tropical Resort Act 1 in 0:30.00!||Sound||Aquarium Park - Act 1|
|080||Keep the Pace||Grab Time Items and clear Tropical Resort Act 1 in time!||Sound||Starlight Carnival - Act 1|
|081||Rampage!||Defeat 10 enemies in Tropical Coast Act 1 in 2:00.00!||Art||Illustration 6|
|082||Stealth Attack||Clear Tropical Resort Act 1 in 0:20.00 without defeating enemies!||Art||2010 Illustration|
|083||Special Trial||Use Red Burst to defeat 4 enemies at once in Tropical Resort Act 1 in 2:00.00!||Model||Orbot & Cubot|
|084||Die-Hard||Clear Tropical Resort Act 2 in 4:00.00 without losing a life!||Art||Illustration 7|
|085||Ring Collector||Collect 100 Rings in Tropical Resort Act 2 in 1:00.00!||Sound||Let the Speed Mend It|
|086||Keep the Pace||Grab Time Items and clear Tropical Resort Act 2 in time!||Art||Illustration 8|
|087||Rampage!||Defeat 20 enemies in Tropical Resort Act 2 in 0:40.00!||Sound||Knight of the Wind|
|088||Stealth Attack||Clear Tropical Resort Act 2 in 1:30.00 without defeating enemies!||Art||20th Anniversary Figurine|
|089||Special Trial||Use Cyan Laser to defeat 6 enemies at once in Tropical Resort Act 2 in 0:20.00!||Model||Silver|
The following are the suggested clear times for achieving a high enough score to achieve each Rank:
|Silver Rival Battle|
- Act 1 is based off of the DS version of Tropical Resort, while Act 2 is based on the Wii version.
- Because of this, Tropical Resort is the only stage in Sonic Generations to be based on two different versions of the same stage.
- Due to it being the last stage in the 3DS version, its difficulty has greatly increased.
- This stage is the second stage in a handheld Sonic game to feature rail-switching. The first one is Plant Kingdom from Sonic Rush Adventure.
- When playing the Versus Mode, after crossing the Goal Ring in Act 2, Sonic will fall and die.
- This is the only level in the 3DS version of the game without an "Item Collector" mission.
- This is one of the four levels of the 3DS version of Sonic Generations that have previously appeared in a handheld game. The other are Green Hill, Casino Night and Water Palace.
- The Special Trial mission for Act 2 contains a reference to the beginning of the first Act of the Wii version of Tropical Resort. Here, Sonic goes from a grind rail into a section full of Egg Pawns and prisms for the Cyan Laser.
- The music in Act 1 was reused from Sonic Colors.