The Tornado 2 is a vehicle that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. It is a biplane employed by the Freedom Fighters and an upgraded version of the Tornado, built by Tails. It is typically piloted by Tails, with Sonic or others walking on its wings.
Features and abilities
The Tornado 2 is agile, highly maneuverable and comes with an advanced computer. When extra maneuverability and speed are needed, the Tornado 2 can alter its wings into an X-shape. However, this ability has a serious drawback: in this mode, it has no landing gear which can result in a painful landing. The Tornado is also equipped with homing missiles and has a powerful engine.
The Tornado 2 was created by Tails as a project of his. After the Tornado got shot down when Tails and Sonic tried to reach the Egg Carrier, Tails completed the Tornado 2, which got both him and Sonic onboard Dr. Eggman's vessel, where Big borrowed it to get back home. Sonic and Tails soon after tracked it down to secure its power source, a Chaos Emerald, but were beaten to it by Chaos. The Tornado 2 was used a few times after that, mainly by Tails and Knuckles to look for Sonic, and during the trio's skirmish with the Babylon Rogues.
Shattered World Crisis
- Note: From the readers point of view, this picks up from where the Tornado 2's original timeline ended.
Just before the Shattered World Crisis, Sonic, Tails and T-Pup used the Tornado to locate the scattered members of the Freedom Fighters in the Wood Zone and the Metropolis Zone. Upon returning to Mobotropolis, Tails helped Sonic stop a rampaging Metal Sonic with the Tornado 2's missiles.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #256, "Countdown to Chaos Finale: The Princess and the Hammer"
- ↑ Sonic Adventure/Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut
- ↑ Sonic Heroes
- ↑ Sonic Riders
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #254, "Countdown to Chaos Part Two: The Soldier"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #255, "Countdown to Chaos Part Three: The Rabbot"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #267, "Ambushed! Part Two"