FANDOM


  • Hey Ultrasonic, I think you better start licensing files you upload as fair use. I also told Decool to do the same thing and to tell other admins about licensing. I whish you would have taken this seriously when you first joined Wikia.

      Loading editor
    • Blazerun, I appreciate that you're trying to help out with licensing issues but DO NOT be rude about it. I will not take that at all. Ultra did not know when he started. Calm down.

        Loading editor
    • Sorry Decool, I did not mean to be rude. It’s just that it should not be hypocritical when it comes to files with no license while there are rules about it on wikis

        Loading editor
    • Unfortunately, many editors have uploaded unlicensed images onto the wiki for years. Yes, it is hypocritical and I'll do whatever I can to fix that. I will not allow you to focus the blame on Ultra.

        Loading editor
    • Guys, please, don't argue. Blazerun, I am sorry for not doing this sooner. I just don't understand what these licensing laws are all about, and I know nothing about what to do.

        Loading editor
    • Well, when one is uploading an image, in the File Description area, the "Licensing" scroller can be seen. When you click on it, you choose the licensing there. Usually, it's the first one to do with fair use.

        Loading editor
    • What does "fair use" involve?

        Loading editor
    • It means that excerpts of copyright material can be used by outer parties under certain circumstances, like criticism, teaching, and research. For example, any IDW image we use is under fair use.

        Loading editor
    • Are you  using the "upload multiple photos" feature, Ultra? Because I noticed that only one each group of uploads is licensed. That must likely be a technical problem.

        Loading editor
    • I am trying to remember to add that license thing, but it is not an easy thing to do when you have developed instinctive reflexes for uploading images.

        Loading editor
    • Ultrasonic9000 wrote: I am trying to remember to add that license thing, but it is not an easy thing to do when you have developed instinctive reflexes for uploading images.

      You know, it is possible to both upload and license multiple photos at once. There a toolbar at the bottom of the screen. Click on "Customise". Then search for Upload multiple photos and select it to add it to your tool.

        Loading editor
    • Blazerun19 wrote:

      Ultrasonic9000 wrote: I am trying to remember to add that license thing, but it is not an easy thing to do when you have developed instinctive reflexes for uploading images.

      You know, it is possible to both upload and license multiple photos at once. There a toolbar at the bottom of the screen. Click on "Customise". Then search for Upload multiple photos and select it to add it to your tool.

      You lost me at "select it to add it yo your tool."

        Loading editor
    • I mean your toolbar.

        Loading editor
    • You mean press "Upload multiple photos" and then press "Save"?

        Loading editor
    • yes

        Loading editor
    • Now, you would start using the multi photo tool to upload files when it comes to add several images of a specific article, like the Item Box.

        Loading editor
    • Blazerun19 wrote: Now, you would start using the multi photo tool to upload files when it comes to add several images of a specific article, like the Item Box.

      What are you saying? That it automatically adds the fairuse template to the images I upload?

        Loading editor
    • Ultrasonic9000 wrote:

      Blazerun19 wrote: Now, you would start using the multi photo tool to upload files when it comes to add several images of a specific article, like the Item Box.

      What are you saying? That it automatically adds the fairuse template to the images I upload?

      I did not use this tool yet, but I think yes. The license would apply to the whole group of files uploaded.

        Loading editor
    • Are you saying that this alteration only works on group uploads. What about single uploads?

        Loading editor
    • There is a limit of 10 Mb for the whole group. Also I should have show you earlier and other content uploaders the page on Community Central. It explains it all: https://community.fandom.com/wiki/Help:Multiple_uploads

        Loading editor
    • Are you using the upload multiple photos to add images to the item box articles?

        Loading editor
    • No. I upload them one by one.

        Loading editor
    • A FANDOM user
        Loading editor
Give Kudos to this message
You've given this message Kudos!
See who gave Kudos to this message
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.