The Legend of Zelda Zone is a downloadable content Zone exclusive to the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World. The Zone is based on the The Legend of Zelda series. , the protagonist of the franchise, is also seen throughout the Zone on occasion.
In this Zone, Sonic the Hedgehog is dressed as Link and Rings are replaced with s, the main currency of the Zelda series, which turn into saved animals after being collected. The first part of the Zone takes place in with in the background; the enemies found in this part are and s from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. The second part of the Zone takes place in a , in the same style that The Legend of Zelda series is famous for. In addition to Stalchildren, Sonic must also avoid s, who will rise from the ground and attempt to roll over him. When hit, Sonic loses s and he must find new ones in s that add to his total. At the end of the Zone, Sonic finds the .
Stalchildren: Undead skeleton children that are part of the Stal Family of Monsters. In this game, the serve as a reskin of the basic Egg Pawns. To defeat them, a fully charged Focused Homing Attack or Flying Kick must be used to knock their heads off. Stalchildren can be found both inside the dungeon and outside in the field portion of the stage.
Deku Scrubs: Small living plant creatures that live underground in patches of grass. To defeat them, the Homing Attack or a Flying Kick. The Deku Scrubs appear on the two small islands on the lake in the outside portion of the Zone.s they fire must be knocked back into them, either with a simple
Keese: Found only in the dungeon section, Batbrain foes found in normal stages.are bat-like monsters. In gameplay, they serve as a reskin of the
- When opening a Treasure Chest, Sonic will use an animation very similar to the one used by Young Link in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- Another animation from the same game can be seen when using a Black Bomb Color Power and exploding next to a , in which it will take off like a rocket similar to when a is used on one in The Legend of Zelda video games.
- A game mechanic from Ocarina of Time is also in this DLC. When Sonic walks by a Gossip Stone, a will come out. If Sonic walks by and has lost any Hearts, he will be healed by the Fairy. In Ocarina of Time, if Link plays " " by a Gossip Stone, a Fairy will come out and it can be used to heal Link.
- Sonic starts the Zone with three Hearts, the number the player starts with in most of The Legend of Zelda games, and can find three more for a total of six, the number the player starts with in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.
- Attacking the s found in the Zone will cause them to swarm and attack Sonic, similar to the Cuccos' behavior in The Legend of Zelda series.
- The first and second halves of the level represent different parts of the The Legend of Zelda games. The first half represents the Hyrule Field overworld that has appeared in several The Legend of Zelda games. The second half represents dungeons that the series is famous for, particularly drawing inspiration from fire-based Dungeons.
- This is the second time Sonic has crossed over in the Zelda universe, the first being Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
- This is the only Zone in Sonic Lost World to not have a cartoony design inspired by the Super Mario series.
- The ability to knock the heads off of Stalchildren was also in the original Zelda games, however they were not instantly killed like in this Zone.