Sonic 3D Blast
The Final Fight, also known as The Final Boss in the Sega Saturn/PC version, is the final boss of Sonic 3D Blast if all of the Chaos Emeralds in the game have been collected. It is a fight against a mechanical contraption named The Final Weapon.
Upon the destruction of the multipurpose machine in Panic Puppet Zone and complete freedom of the Flickies, Sonic the Hedgehog catches up to Dr. Robotnik with the Chaos Emeralds. The arena is a pitch-black void in the original Mega Drive version, whereas it is more of a hidden factory room in the Saturn/PC releases. There are a series of five different machine configurations, which must all be fought twice with only six Rings in one location available to the player. In order, Robotnik's attacks are as followed:
- Laser machine: A machine that fires lasers from its fingers. Will first position its fingers to aim directly at Sonic and will fire once he is within range or after a set amount of time. After each finger fires, Robotnik attempts this attack pattern a second time.
- Flame machine: A machine that uses more aggressive fire than uses in the previous incarnations. Will fire three red and blue flames total, one after the other.
- Crushing machine: A machine with detaching spike hands that attempt to crush Sonic. Will home in on Sonic, hovering above him after a set amount of time before ultimately attempting to smash the hedgehog flat. The hands only have a certain amount of distance to cover and are not particularly fast at homing in on the player. After three attempts total, both hands will reposition themselves at one corner each of the surface Sonic is on and will launch themselves at him simultaneously.
- Launching machine: A machine that fires six homing missiles from its back.
- Ball machine: Finally, a machine that fires bouncing projectiles similar to previous incarnations. Will fire four sweeps in total.
In all of these phases, Robotnik will eventually decide to lower his machine into the grid, allowing a chance to attack once. In total, the multipurpose hovercraft requires ten hits until defeat. After hitting the machine once, a bridge will appear, allowing the player to move on to the next phase of the battle.
Upon defeating all of the weapons, the player is treated to the good ending, where Sonic has freed all of the Flickies from Flicky Island.
- This music track of the Mega Drive/Genesis version was later remixed as Mystic Ruins' theme from Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
- The Techno Bodyshell Battlesuit from Pre-Super Genesis Wave series is based off of The Final Weapon.
- If the player takes too long to cross the bridge after hitting The Final Weapon, then the floor will explode, killing the player.
- In the Sega Genesis version of the game, the sound effect used when time is up to cross is similar to a sound effect used in Sonic the Hedgehog 2.
|The Final Fight||Masaru Setsumaru||1:50|
|The Final Fight||Richard Jacques||1:43|
- Sonic 3D Zones. page at The GHZ has detailed information on all the