The Fight for the FoxBox was a 2003 half-hour crossover special produced by 4Kids, which ran on the FoxBox block on Fox (FoxBox was later rebranded as 4Kids TV before moving to The CW). The crossover involved Sonic X along with other top rated FoxBox shows such as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Kirby: Right Back at Ya!. The special can be viewed on YouTube and is also available on a rare promotional DVD.
A mysterious voice informs the antagonists of the shows involved that he stole the FoxBox "TV codes" and the block cannot resume airing without the code. He gives the codes to the five villains which are Dr. Eggman, Shredder (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), King Dedede and Escargoon (Kirby: Right Back at Ya!), Dial Bolic (Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy) and Dr. K (Cubix: Robots for Everyone).
In Sonic's segment, Sonic smashes into Dr. Eggman's base. Eggman asks what he is doing here, and Sonic responds that he believes that Eggman has one of the FoxBox broadcast codes. Eggman confirms the hedgehog to be correct, revealing that he has digitally implanted the code into Decoe's memory and that he would only give it out when ordered to do so. Sonic taunts Eggman to ask Decoe to read it out; the doctor replies he would never do so, but Decoe mishears him and reads the code aloud (9HT6A). Infuriated, Eggman orders E-13 Guardbot to attack Sonic, only for it to attack the machine in the center of the base, causing the base and its surroundings to be covered with a blast of energy.
The protagonists of the other shows later obtain all the codes from their respective antagonists, and put them up on a website called savethefoxbox.com (which is now defunct) that was set up by April O'Neil. Towards the end, the antagonists inform the mysterious voice that they couldn't keep their codes safe from the heroes. As the evil voice yells at them, the identity of the voice turns out to be Wayne Cramp (from The Cramp Twins). The special ends with a non-conclusive ending in which Wayne pushes his brother Lucien down the stairs, along with an appearance of The Cramp Twins' logo, followed by promotional material.
- Sonic X
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003)
- Kirby: Right Back at Ya!
- Cubix: Robots for Everyone
- The Cramp Twins
- Shaman King (footage from the show appears on the TV of the Ninja Turtles)
- Funky Cops
- Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy
- The special relied mostly on stock footage of the shows involved, with new voice overs from the voice actors.
- This marks the first cross-over involving Sonic and Kirby, or any Nintendo character for that matter.
- Since The Cramp Twins wasn't produced by 4Kids, Wayne and Lucien Cramp are voiced by Marc Thompson and Veronica Taylor instead of Tom Kenny and Kath Soucie, respectively.