The Fastest Thing in Time is a DVD of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog consisting of the four connecting episodes known as the Quest for the Chaos Emeralds Saga. The DVD is approximately 88 minutes long and was released by NCircle Entertainment on 22 July 2008.
- Everyone knows that Sonic is fast, but did you know that he's The Fastest Thing in Time? In these four great episodes Sonic does a little time traveling by becoming a pirate, he then goes through medieval times, Mobigypt (Mobious' Egypt) and Prehistoric Times. Try and keep up with Sonic as he breaks the sound barrier and the time barrier. ~ NCircle Entertainment
- "Black Bot the Pirate"
- "Hedgehog of the "Hound" Table"
- "Robotnik's Pyramid Scheme"
- "Prehistoric Sonic"
This disc also contains many sneak peaks of other DiC cartoons including Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3.
- The front cover artwork was recycled from an old SatAM VHS called Sonic Racer, the picture even depicts the robot from the SatAM episode of the same name and was also used as the cover photo for Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog on Netflix.
- The artwork on the back of the cover and main menu is recycled from the SatAM VHS, Super Sonic (the image of Sonic was also used on a DVD of the same name.) The Dr. Robotnik in the picture (only on the back cover) is his SatAM design rather than his Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog design.
- In the episode descriptions, the Chaos Emerald are referred to as "gemstones".