Sonic the Hedgehog (TV series)
[The Doomsday Machine fades in. A wider angle shows the device surrounded by a high, security wall. The camera pans to a temporary HQ nearby, then moves up to a bank of windows through which Robotnik is revealed standing, hands clasped behind him, gazing admiringly out at the machine, Snively at his side.]
- Robotnik: An object of beauty, don't you agree, Snively?
- Snively: Very lovely. Sir,
- Robotnik: Within twenty-four hours, I will control every inch of this planet. [chuckles] Every inch! [holds up a remote, points it at the Machine.] The dream begins. [pushes a button. A red light blinks on. Snively chuckles himself.]
[Various angles show night engines roar to life in sequence, smoke billowing from exhaust vents. The ground shaking from their power. Robotnik smiles as the entire building atop which he stands shakes violently. Robotnik inhales deeply before letting out a contented sigh.]
- Robotnik: [smiles] Now that, is beautiful music, Snively.
- Snively: Beautiful, sir.
[From the base, the machine engine beams shoot out in all directions and... massive tubes telescope from the machine, striking the ground and boring straight down. Back in Knothole, Sonic is with Rotor Walrus in his workshop, as Rotor is working on his latest invention for the Freedom Fighters.]
- Sonic: How much longer, Rote?
- Rotor: Nearly done, Sonic. [short pause as Sonic paces impatiently] Ready!
[Rotor presents what appears to be nothing more than a water balloon to Sonic.]
- Sonic: What's the target?
- Rotor: That pile of scrap metal.
- Sonic: I'll give it the old fastball! [grunts]
[Sonic fires the balloon at the scrap metal. When it bursts, it releases a cloud of dust. When is clears, the scrap metal is no more, completely dissolved by the solution that was in the balloon.]
- Rotor: Whoa!
- Sonic: Man...Way cool, Rote! How many of those balloons can you make?
- Rotor: About twenty-five.
- Sonic: Rote, I guarantee that they're going to do some serious damage to Robuttnik's Doomsday Machine. [checking his watch] Ooh, I'm going to check the lookouts. Later, Rote! [Sonic speeds off as Rotor returns to his work]
[A full moon gives the forest an eerie glow and backlights the lookout post high in a tree where Antoine yawns and "bobs", fighting sleep, when Sonic roars up and finds him having dozed off, much to Sonic's annoyance when he finds him.]
- Antoine: [snoring, yawning] Ah, Princess Sally I love you.
- Sonic: [tapping foot impatiently] Oh, man...if brains had hair, he'd be a cue ball.
- Sonic: [leans into shot] Yo, Ante!
- Antoine: Ahhhhhhhhh! [jumps straight up, banging his head on the branch above, before plummeting to the ground, screaming. Sonic manages to races down and catch him before he hits the ground. Antoine is still whimpering and covering his eyes.]
- Sonic: Ante!
- Antoine: [uncovers his eyes, sighs with relief] My goodness...are you the angels?
- Sonic: Oh, man... [drops Antoine]
- Antoine: [brushing himself off and checking to see if he is dead] I am living?
- Sonic: Unfortunately...
- Antoine: Oui! Oui! I am not squished like a rug. [laughs, sighs] Thank goodness to me.
[The ground beneath them cracks open. Sonic grabs Antoine (still kissing himself) and streaks away as a huge tube thrusts up out of the ground and a Doomsday Pod emerges. Sonic skids up nearby. They both stare at the pod.]
- Sonic: [As the ground was splitting open] Whoa! What's up with this?!
- Antoine: What is this terrible thing?!
- Sonic: A Doomsday Pod. Robuttnik suckered us!
[It sits quietly for a beat, then suddenly beams shoot out, withering the grass around it. As the ground trembles and actually glows, it blackens, then the ground slowly dissolves into a toxic cesspool. The warning bell glints in the moonlight. Sonic skids to a stop, a trembling Antoine clinging behind him.]
- Sonic: Sound the alarm, Ante.
- Antoine: Oui, Oui.
[Sonic blasts off as Antoine starts ringing the bell. Camera cuts to Rotor's Workshop with the bell clanging in the distance. Rotor hustles out, rubbing his eyes as Sonic skids into the shot.]
- Rotor: Sonic, what's...
- Sonic: [breathless] The Doomsday Pod's in the meadow, wasting the whole place!
- Rotor: But the report said next week-
- Sonic: [interrupts] Rote, I need a metal-eatin’ balloon mondo pronto!
[Rotor and Sonic run inside. The Doomsday Pod moves in nearby and unleashes its lasers all over in the area next to Rotor's workshop, scorching a swath of destruction straight for the huts, an enormous tree in its path. The base of three light beams travel beneath the tree, engulfing its roots. The soil churns as the roots vaporize. A loud creaking sound comes as the tree starts to fall.]
- Sonic: Oh, man!
[Sonic reacts to the creaking sound as Rotor pulls a crate off a shelf. Sonic blasts to the door, reacts, then streaks back as Rotor removes three of the metal-eating balloons from straw packing.]
- Sonic: Rote! Let's jam! [grabs Rotor and they blast for the door.]
- Rotor:: But Sonic...!
[Sonic and Rotor roar out the door just as the tree smashes the workshop flat. Rotor looks back, wide-eyed at the loss of his workshop and all his equipment.]
- Rotor: Oh no! My workshop!
- Sonic: Gimme one of those balloons!
[Sonic grabs one of the three balloons Rotor was able to save and goes to confront the Doomsday Pod.]
[The pod surges forward, headed for the huts, leaving a wide path of glowing destruction behind it. The camera pans to Sonic as he skids up in front of the pod, he cocks his arm...]
- Sonic: Adios, pod-breath!
[Sonic hurls the balloon and it directly hits the pod. The pod vaporizes in a cloud of green smoke.]
- Sonic: Yes!
[Sonic is with Sally at her hut, some time after what happened with the Doomsday Pod and advising her on what happened.]
- Sally: ...the other Freedom Fighter groups have been on alert for weeks.
[Sally inserts a message in a tiny compartment on one of two Jet Doves sitting on the table. Sonic paces nearby.]
- Sally: It won't take long for them to get here...
[Sally hits a button on a remote. The Jet Doves' tiny jets ignite and they streak off. Sonic stops pacing, stops beside Sally as they look after the doves.]
- Sonic: Won’t take long for those Pods to wipe everything out, either. [pauses] Any idea how many pods Robuttnik can launch, Sal?
- Sally: [pulls Nicole from her vest.] Nicole, show us the Doomsday Machine.
- Nicole: Accessing, Sally.
[A hologram of the doomsday machine appears above Nicole.]
- Sally: Internal schematic. Pod launch area, please, Nicole. [Hologram changes to line drawing of the pod launching area.] Capabilities, please, Nicole. [Line drawing animates, showing pods being released.] I checked the schematics we took from Robotnik, and the best I can calculate... ...the Doomsday Machine can release hundreds of pods...
- Sonic: [interrupts] Hundreds?!
- Sally: Every hour. The tunnels reach all over the planet.
- Sonic: Oh, man. So there's already hundreds out there?
- Sally: At least.
- Sonic: We gotta move...fast.
- Sally: If most of our forces strike here...oh, they're here.
- Sally: Sonic, this is Polo and Dirk, leaders of the Southern and Eastern Freedom Fighters.
- Sonic: What's up, guys?
[Dulcy walks up with the photographs of the Doomsday Machine]
- Dulcy: [pants] Sally! We got the photos! It looks pretty bad...
- Sally: Thanks, Dulcy. [Sonic and Ari look them over from behind Sally's shoulders]
- Sonic: Definitely not cool.
[Photo shows a solid line of Swat-Bots and Hover-Units arrayed around the perimeter of the Doomsday Site. More Hover-Units on patrol above.]
- Ari: A straight assault won't work, Princess. We'd never get past the security.
- Sally: [flips a switch on Nicole. The hologram disappears. She looks at the others, determined.] Hmm, you're right, Ari. Let's switch to plan "B".
[The camera wipes to the sky high above the Doomsday Site. Dulcy flies through heavy cloud cover. Ari and Lupe, both wearing parachute packs, ride on her back along with a stack of costumed dummies.]
- Ari: [yells over wind] Are we close, Dulcy?
- Dulcy: [yells back] We should be.
[She exhales and blows a small hole in the clouds, revealing they're coming up on the Doomsday Site.]
- Dulcy: There it is. Going down!
[The camera widens to include the Freedom Fighters captured Hover-Unit with Pollo and Dirk visible in the cockpit. Ari looks behind him and points down. Polo and Dirk give him a "thumbs up". A fuel convoy pulls into the fueling depot near the Doomsday Machine. Swat-Bots patrol the area for any signs of trouble. A hose clamps onto lead tanker, drains its fuel. The camera pans to the tanker with a brown smear. The tanker hatch creaks open and Sonic drops into shadows beneath it. He looks around. The camera goes to Sonic's perspective. The Doomsday security wall is 50 yards away across open ground, criss-crossed with moving spotlights. Sonic looks up at hatch and signals. Sally and Bunnie jump down, followed by Antoine, who stumbles and falls on his rear. Antoine's yelp is quickly muffled as Bunnie clamps a hand over his mouth. Sally looks at her watch.]
- Sally: [whispers] Fifteen seconds...Fourteen...Thirteen...Twelve seconds...
- Lupe: [checks her watch.] We’re on schedule, Ari. Ten seconds...Nine...Eight...
[Polo and Dirk signal from the Hover Unit that they are ready. Ari and Lupe toss dummies overboard from Dulcy. The camera follows the dummies as parachutes pop open and they float down, disappearing into the clouds. The hovercraft hatch opens and Dirk tosses more parachute-equipped dummies overboard. On the ground, Sonic, Sally, Bunnie, and Antoine watch as the decoys parachute down all around the Doomsday Machine.]
- Sonic: [beneath the fuel tanker, quietly] Let's do it to it.
[Cut to Robotnik's temp. command center. Robotnik watches monitors filled with parashooting figures. He chuckles malevolently as he pushes a button.]
- Robotnik: I see our guests have arrived...
[A monitor zooms in on a hovering Swat-Bot as it plucks a dummy from the air.]
- Robotnik: How very appropriate...a dummy diversion. We'll let them get in. We can't make it look too easy, Snively. Alert the ground forces.
[The Freedom Fighters get close to the security wall near the Doomsday machine. A searchlight beam sweeps past, then Sonic zips over the wall with Antoine in tow, rolls down the opposite side and skids to a stop beside Sally and Bunnie waiting in the shallows of the Doomsday Machine. Sally looks at a small hologram projected by Nicole. The hologram fades as Sally points toward the Doomsday Machine.]
- Sally: That's the spot, Sonic.
- Sonic: [pulls a metal-eating balloon from his backpack] Okay, get ready to jam! [grunts]
[He heaves the balloon against the machine and a green cloud of smoke instantly forms. It quickly clears, revealing a hole in the wall. The Freedom Fighters run inside as Antoine whimpers nervously.]
[Robotnik watches Sonic, Sally, Antoine, and Bunnie as they make their way into the Doomsday Machine, chucking evilly.]
- Snively: Sir? Sir! They're inside the machine! Shall I alert the forces?
- Robotnik: [sits nearby in a smaller version of his "chair". He forms a peak with his fingers and smiles.] Oh, no, no, no, Snively. Let them explore. Perhaps they'll find my...little surprise.
- Snively: [turns away with a disgusted look and mutters] Your stupidity will ruin everything, you ugly boil.
- Robotnik: [leans forward, eyes narrowing.] What was that, Snively?!
- Snively: [turns with a nervous smile.] Oh, I said, the Doomsday Machine's going to need more oil...Sir.
[About half-way up the machine is a rounded ledge with windows looking into the intricate machinery inside Ari and Lupe land on the ledge. They pop loose from their chutes and start to climb upward when they're suddenly caught in a searchlight beam from a Hover-Unit.]
- Swat-Bot: Freeze, intruders. Hands behind your heads. [Ari and Lupe surrender to the Swat-Bots and do as they are told.]
[Back inside the Doomsday Machine, two Tech-bots work a control panel when Sonic zips past behind them. One of the Tech-bots momentarily steps away to look around for any sign of what they heard, but finding nothing, it returns to its post. Sonic then meets up with Sally and the others.]
- Sally: [whispers] Anything?
- Sonic: [whispers] Couple Tech-Bots. No prob. [then, pointedly] Long as Ante doesn't trip over anything.
- Bunnie: Like his feet.
- Antoine: [too loud] What is being wrong with my fee... Mmmpff! [Bunnie clamps a hand over his mouth.]
- Bunnie: Put a sock in it, Antoine. Shhh.
[Antoine holds his own hand over his mouth. They run up the stairs, reach a doorway at the top. Beyond is a long, empty passageway. Sonic motions the others to stay.]
- Sonic: [whispers] Wait. I'll check it out.
- Bunnie: [As Antoine bumps into her when they stop] Watch it, Ante.
[Sonic steps inside the passageway. Nothing. He zips forward a little. Still nothing. He turns back to others...]
- Sonic: No prob! Let's...[He freezes as the lights suddenly dim, then come back up. Robotnik is heard laughing.] What’s with the balls?
[Two large energy balls appear in the middle of the passageway, pulsing with electricity. Deep humming sound comes from them. The balls are about 15 feet away. Sonic takes a tentative step forward, then both balls streak straight toward him as Robotnik is heard cackling again. Sonic blasts to the side as the balls narrowly miss him, one singes his butt. He jumps, grabbing his butt.]
- Sonic: Whoa...[gasps] Huh? [grunts] Ow! [points] Man! Now your ticking me off.
[As Sonic streaks up the passageway, the balls, crackling with electricity, turn and follow. He zigs and zags, but the balls doggedly pursue. Sally watches anxiously, Bunnie and Antoine behind her.]
- Sally: Sonic! They're sensing your motion!
[He blasts toward far end of passageway. Both balls instantly follow. He slows until the balls are right on his butt. Tiny lightning crackle out, zapping his bottom.]
- Sonic: Ow! You already got me there! Motion, eh? I'll give them motion. Juice time.
[Sonic races straight toward the wall, barely keeping ahead of the balls. At the last second, he accelerates and runs straight up wall and onto the ceiling. Both balls slam into the wall and disappear in a flash of light that fills shot. Light fades, revealing Sonic, frizzed out, vibrating, glowing slightly. Sally runs to his aide.]
- Sally: Sonic, are you all right?!
- Sonic: Man, now I know how a bug zapper feels. [Sally laughs]
[Camera cuts to Dirk and Polo atop the Doomsday Machine, parachuting down to land outside the glass dome of the command center with a grunt. Suddenly, they're caught in the glare of bright spotlights. Two Hover-Units train their searchlights on the hapless Freedom Fighters from above as a Swat-Bot converges on them.]
- Swat-Bot: Freeze, intruders. You are surrounded.
[Camera cuts to the Doomsday Machine's pod launch area. A dark, forbidding area, eerily-lit by the glow of a giant vat of bubbling liquid. A giant automated claw holds a pod shell (like an exo-skeleton, with complex equipment attached to the inside of frame) and lowers it into the liquid. A beat, then it raises, revealing a completed Doomsday Pod. The claw as it moves pod to a conveyor-ramp and releases it. Claw moves back out of shot. Follow pod as ramp activates and pod is transported into a tunnel opening. A massive door (think artillery) slams shut, sealing the tunnel. A big, muffled explosion occurs. The door swings open and the pod is gone. Another pod is transported into tunnel opening. As the massive door slams shut, the camera pans to Sonic and the others watching.]
- Sonic: We gotta stop this.
[Sally whips Nicole out of her vest.]
- Sally: Switch to comm mode, Nicole.
- Nicole: Comm mode active. Scrambled channel open.
- Sally: [holds Nicole like a radio, pushes a button.] Squad two, report.
[They wait, listening. No answer. Sally tries again.]
- Sally: Squad three, report!
[Camera cuts to the temporary command center. Swat-Bots lead Polo and Dirk, both bound, into the Command Center. Camera cuts back to the pod launch area. Sonic, Bunnie and Antoine watch Sally.]
- Nicole: No response, Sally.
- Bunnie: This sure doesn't look good...
- Antoine: Perhaps they have been captivated.
- Sally: I think you're right, Antoine. We're on our own.
- Sonic: [shakes his head.] Wrong, Sal. I'm on my own.
- Sally: Sonic, you're not-
- Sonic: [interrupts] C'mon, Sal. The plan's blown. You gotta get outta here.
[Camera cuts to Robotnik's command center. Robotnik stands beside Snively, watching the Freedom Fighters on monitor. Snively is curious as to what they are hearing.]
- Snively: Hmm...
- Sally: And what will you do?
- Sonic: What I do best: Wing it. You guys take a Pod out.
- Snively: [looks at Robotnik.] Sir, shall I seal the launch tunnel door?
- Robotnik: No, Snively. Let them go. I only want the hedgehog.
- Snively: But, but, but, Sir, I don't understand. The hedgehog...
[Robotnik grabs Snively in anger at questioning his decision.]
- Robotnik: What?! Are you implying that the hedgehog is a match for me, Snively?!
- Snively: [struggling to say it as he's being squeezed] Oh, perish the thought, Sir.
- Robotnik: There are many things you know nothing about, you little twit! [pressing a hidden button on the belly of his suit] Now open the skylight, Snively.
- Snively: Yes, Sir!
[Snively rushes off to do as he's told as the button Robotnik pressed activates the rockets in his boots and he prepares to take off.]
- Computer: Five...
- Robotnik: I really hate that hedgehog.
[Snively opens the skylight and Robotnik takes off through it, snickering evilly.]
- Computer: Four... Three... Two... One... Zero...
- Snively: I have a bad feeling about this...
[Camera cuts to the pod launch area. Sonic and Sally run alongside a pod, moving down a conveyor ramp. Bunnie and Antoine are already on the pod. Sally leaps up as Bunnie opens the hatch. Antoine and Bunnie jump inside. Sally looks down at Sonic, still running alongside.]
- Sally: Sonic, I want to help.
- Sonic: This is power time, Sal. You'll slow me down.
- Bunnie: [nods] He's right. Sally-girl. C'mon.
- Sally: [very somber, hands Nicole down to Sonic.] Here. You'll need Nicole. Good luck, Sonic. [She flashes "thumbs-up" to Sonic.]
- Sonic: Later.
[The pod enters a tunnel. Sally pulls the pod hatch down and the enormous door slams.]
- Sonic: [holds Nicole up.] You and me, babe. Show me some pictures.
- Nicole: No prob, Blue Streak, my man.
[Nicole generates a hologram of the Doomsday Machine. It's a maze of lines and curves. Sonic looks at it bewildered, scratches his head.]
- Sonic: Man, that's no help. Where are we?
[A flashing arrow appears, pointing at one of the pod launch areas.]
- Nicole: You are here, my main hedgehog.
- Sonic: Cool. Now show me the main control room.
- Nicole: You got it.
[The camera pans the perimeter of the circular, skylighted room. We see hi-tech equipment with flashing lights and bubbling tubes interwoven into the equipment. Then the camera pans to a huge pulsating brain encased in a thick plexiglass casing in the center of room. The metal door slams open, revealing stairway as Sonic skids in, looks around suspiciously.]
- Sonic: Man, this isn't cool. Round Guy's messing with me again. Gotta go for it.
[He shrugs off his backpack, pulls out flat heat charges with flashing red lights coming from various angles]
- Sonic: Light-up time.
[Sonic blasts around the room, slapping the heat charges onto equipment and the Plexiglass, sticking to where he puts them. He zips out the door, down the stairs and stops.]
- Sonic: Phew. Do it to it, Nicole.
- Nicole: Heat's on, Sonic.
[A red glare comes from the doorway. Sonic shields his eyes.]
- Sonic: Yeah, yeah! Hot stuff.
[Inside "Brain Room", the heat charges glow bright red. The Plexiglas surrounding the brain turns bright red. In the stairway, Sonic is still shielding his eyes against the glare. The glare fades. Then quiet.]
- Sonic: Adios, Doomsday Machine. [He blasts up the stairway and back into the room, only to see the plexiglass surrounding it is unscathed and the brain still throbs.]
- Sonic: Whoa...Not cool.
[We hear hissing as Sonic reacts. A floor-hatch inside the Plexiglass enclosure hisses open and Robotnik flies up, holding a remote.]
- Robotnik: [echoing] So, Hedgehog. How do you like my new diamond-glass dome?
- Sonic: [glowers.] It stinks, Robutt-nik.
- Robotnik: [smiles.] Does it indeed? Well then...perhaps we need some ventilation! [Robotnik triggers the remote.]
[A vacuum appears from a trap door that opens behind Sonic, sucking him up.]
- Sonic: Hey!
[Sonic finds himself trapped in a Roboticizer elsewhere in the Doomsday Machine.]
- Sonic: Oh, bad news!
[Robotnik descends from a skylight into the room and takes his place at the control panel.]
- Robotnik: [chuckles maliciously] I'm afraid you can't escape, Hedgehog. Oh, I'm almost sorry that it's over. If nothing else, you have been a most worthy adversary. But, in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game...losers...get Roboticized!
[Robotnik activates the Roboticizer, and Sonic watches helplessly as he's about to be turned into a Robian like his Uncle Chuck.]
- Sonic: NOOO!!!
[Robotnik watches with glee as his arch-enemy is about to become a Robian.]
- Robotnik: Oh, my...Yessss...
[Sonic whips out a Power Ring and attempts to fight off the Roboticization ray.]
- Robotnik: [laughs] A Power Ring won't help, Hedgehog! Poor boy...You see I designed this Roboticizer just for you.
[Robotnik presses a button on the console to increase the ray's power. He watches with satisfaction as it moves closer to Sonic as he struggles in vain to repel it.]
- Robotnik: Yes! Yes! YES!!
[Thinking quickly, Sonic grabs two more Power Rings from his backpack and uses them with the first one to fight back against the ray with more effort this time. This time, he's able to push the ray back and force it back into where it is coming from.]
- Robotnik: This is unbelievable...This can't be happening!
[But it is, and Sonic is fighting off the beam effortlessly now. Robotnik gasps in disbelief and begins to become furious.]
- Robotnik: HEDGEHOG!!
[He mashes the button over and over, but Sonic soon manages to topple the container over and soar out of the Doomsday Machine and back to safety.]
- Sonic: Outta here!
- Robotnik: Snively!
[Robotnik retreats down another skylight with his hover boots as Snively had seen everything on the monitor from the command center, and is frustrated with Robotnik not listening to him.]
- Snively: The fool should have listened to me, but nooooooo.
[The camera shows lava pools from "Drood Henge". Uncle Chuck and Tails are there waiting with the other Freedom Fighters. Sally and Dulcy keep watch through binoculars for any sign of Sonic. Sir Charles and Tails pace worriedly for Sonic.]
- Sally: Here he comes!
- Sonic: [skids to the Freedom Fighters, trailing a cloud of debris and dust. They gather around him.] Yeah!
- Tails: Sonic! Sonic, did you do it?
- Antoine: You are making the big boom-boom?
- Tails: Did you, Sonic? Did you?
- Sonic: [shakes his head.] Sorry, guys. [Sally gasps] Didn't happen.
[Everyone's bummed. Antoine faints.]
- Antoine: Oh, no! We are doom-ed!
- Sally: [Sally hugs Sonic.] You did your best, Sonic.
- Tails: Now what do we do?
- Sonic: Don't know, T-2. I'm clueless.
- Uncle Chuck: [rubs his head, pacing.] One thing's for sure, we can't give up. There must be a way.
- Sonic: Don't know about that either. Control room's covered with something called "Diamond Glass". Tough stuff.
- Uncle Chuck: [stops, looks at the others with an idea.] There is still one possibility.
- Tails: What, Uncle Chuck?
- Uncle Chuck: The Deep Power Stones.
- Sonic: [looks surprised.] No-go, Unc. We only have one. Robuttnik's got the other.
- Uncle Chuck: [smiles, puts his hands on Sonic's shoulders.] Not after you take it from him.
[Robotropolis. It's quiet, Deserted. Sonic skids to a stop just outside of HQ and looks around. Wind blows some paper across the street.]
- Sonic: Cool. They're all at Doomsday.
[Sonic speeds straight up the side of Robotnik's HQ. He makes it inside of Robotnik's war room. It's empty. Monitors off, no indicator lights flashing.]
- Sonic: Can we pick up the pace, Nicole?
[Sonic taps his foot, drums his fingers as he holds Nicole in front of Robotnik's safe. Blue light beams shoot out from Nicole, scanning the electronic lock (four read-outs with flashing numbers). Sonic's fidgeting makes the beam unsteady.]
- Nicole: Just chill, Sonic. You're stressing me.
[Sonic stops tapping, drumming. We hear beeps and clicks from Nicole. The electronic lock numbers begin to change with answering beeps until all four displays read "0000". It makes a loud click.]
- Nicole: Open sesame.
- Sonic: [reacts as safe swings open.] Way past, Nicole! [Sonic rifles through the safe, flinging papers and disks until the safe is empty.] Nothing.
- Nicole: We keep looking, right?
- Sonic: Right. [Zips away]
[The camera turns to Robotnik's desk near the door. The Deep Power Stone (held in a sculpture) is holding down papers. Sonic streaks past the desk, ruffling the papers. A beat and he skids backwards into shot. He grins.]
- Nicole: Sonic, stop!
- Sonic: Say what?!
- Nicole: Back it up.
- Sonic: Way cool, Nicole! [He grabs it and roars off]
[Camera cuts back to lava pools of the Great Unknown. Uncle Chuck and Sally huddle over a laptop-electronic tablet which is filled with glowing line drawings showing various angles and equations.]
- Sally: The Pod took a steep drop at first...maybe 300 meters.
- Uncle Chuck: [sighs] That could be a problem.
[We hear Sonic's approaching whoosh. They turn as he skids to a stop carrying the Deep Power Stone. His slipstream blows their hair back.]
- Sonic: Got it. [He whips the Stone out of his backpack, holds it up.]
[Uncle Chuck grins as he sees the Stone. Sally takes it from Sonic. ]
- Sally: Sonic... we have a plan.
[We see the Doomsday Site looming in far in the background as Sonic and Sally streak towards it.]
- Nicole: Chill here. Sonic. [Sonic skids to a stop. Nicole beeps] You're right above it.
- Sonic: Huh?
- Sally: [releases her grip on Sonic] Supply check. Metal-eating balloon.
[Sonic pulls the last metal-eating balloon out of his backpack, hands it to Sally.]
- Sonic: Check.
- Sally: Deep Power Stones.
- Sonic: [Sonic pulls both Deep Power Stones out.] Check.
[Sally takes one of them, puts it in her pack, hands the balloon back to Sonic.]
- Sally: Okay, now remember, once we connect the stones, we have...
- Sonic: [nods] Thirty seconds. Check. [realizes] Whoa, Sal. What's this "we" stuff?
- Sally: [Sally leans close, determined look.] Because I'm going with you.
- Sonic: No way, Sal... You-
- Sally: [Sally puts a hand over his mouth.] We're in this together, Sonic Hedgehog, however it ends. Check? [She releases her hand.]
- Sonic: Check. [pause] Hold on! We’re going down. [Sonic grabs Sally and super-spins into the ground]
[Camera cuts to the Doomsday Tunnel. It's dark with metal ribbed sides. We hear Sonic's super-spin approaching, then Sonic and Sally spin through the tunnel's metal roof and drop to floor. Sally switches on a flashlight, plays it on the sides.]
- Sally: Okay, now, we-[breaks off] Ohmygosh! A Pod!
[Sonic takes out the last metal-eating balloon just as the Pod bears down on them, filling the tunnel. Sonic heaves it and the Pod vaporizes in a cloud of green smoke that rolls over them. We see Sally's flashlight through the smoke. Sally and Sonic are coughing.]
- Sally: One minute before the next one.
- Sonic: Piece of cake. Hang on! [They streak up the tunnel]
[The camera wipes to the Brain Room. The place is trashed, floor irregular from melting. Laser projectors now metal lumps, but the brain still pulses with life. Sonic and Sally emerge from the shadows, each holding a Deep Power Stone. Sally shakes her head.]
- Sally: But we have no idea how big the explosion will be. What if it destroys more than Doomsday?
- Sonic: Like what?
- Sally: Like the whole planet.
- Sonic: [paces] Not cool. What else can we do? [snaps his fingers] Got it! What if we put 'em together the other way?
- Sally: Incredible power... Yes! It could work!
[The camera pans to a Spy Sphere as it silently moves into place behind them, the lens glowing red]
- Sally: Nicole, analysis please...
[Camera cuts to the Temp. Command Center. Snively checks monitors as Sonic and Sally appear.]
- Snively: Sir! Sir! The Hedgehog is back!
- Robotnik: [swirls around in his chair, glares up at the monitor.] What?! How did they ever... [notices Deep Power Stones] The Power Stones! [Robotnik leaps to his feet, slaps a button on the console.] All Swat-Bots! Deploy to the Brain Room! I want those Stones!
[Camera cuts back to the Brain Room. Sonic and Sally listen to Nicole.]
- Nicole: ...the power is identical to that of Power Rings, but greatly amplified.
- Sally: Greatly amplified? How much?
- Nicole: Ten thousand times.
- Sally: Isn't that dangerous?
- Nicole: The possibility for danger does exist, Sally.
- Sonic: Hey, this whole place is dangerous.
- Sally: You're right, Sonic. We have to try.
[He holds out his hand for their "handshake", but she quickly hugs him instead.]
- Swat-bot: Hedgehog Alert! Hedgehog Alert! [Swat-Bots swarm through the skylight and through the door.] Turn over the Power Stones.
[Sonic grins, holds up his Stone. Sal grins, holds up the other.]
- Sonic: Come and get 'em, Swat-Butts!
[The Swat-Bots surround them.]
- Swat-Bot: Freeze, intruders! Turn over the Power Stones! Freeze, intruders! Turn over the Power Stones! Turn over the Power Stones!
[They press the wavy edges of the two stones together. White light pulses from the stones ad the joining edges disappear. A huge glow of white light fills shot. It quickly clears and we see Sonic and Sally bottom-lit in white light, vibrating.]
- Sonic: Whoa....
- Sally: So this is what Power Rings feel like. Wow! Let's do it to it!
[Sonic and Sally make a lightning-fast pass around the room, their white light streaming behind like a comet's tail. The Swat-Bots fly apart. Sonic and Sally race out door.]
- Swat-Bots: Priority, Hedgehog. Surrender. Turn over the Power Stones.
[Camera cuts to the outside of the Doomsday Machine. Twin streaks of light streak in and out at incredible speed. The Doomsday Machine starts to glow. The ground rumbles and shakes. Swat-Bots and other robots run for their lives. Sonic and Sally are seen tearing the inside of the Doomsday Machine apart. Camera cuts to the Temp. Command Center. The room shakes. Robotnik is spun around in his chair, scared stiff and yelling incoherently. Snively stares, transfixed at a monitor. When his chair stops spinning, Robotnik races to a wall and slaps a panel. Wall slides back, revealing Robotnik's personal Hover Unit parked inside. He opens door and climbs in. Just before he closes it, Snively runs up to him]
- Snively: Uh, Sir...?
- Robotnik: Shut up, Snively! Aah! Hedgehog...!
- Snively: B-b-but, Sir, wait for...
- Robotnik: Only room for one, Snively.
[The door hisses shut and the Hover Unit launches up and out.]
- Snively: [glares after him.] You don't give me enough credit...Julian!
[He hits a switch. A hole irises open in the floor, revealing a small elevator. Snively descends and the hole irises shut behind him.]
- Dirk: Let’s go. Let’s go!
[Camera cuts to the outside of the Doomsday Machine. Twin streaks of light continue to criss-cross inside the doomsday machine. At the foot of it, there is mass confusion as everyone inside evacuates and runs for their lives. It glows brighter and brighter as we see Robotnik's escape pod streaking upwards. Inside the brain room, the white glow grows brighter. A blast of white light shoots up through the brain, vaporizing it. The white light shoots straight up from brain room reaching high into sky. Robotnik can see the light from his pod. He screams. Two white streaks emerge from Doomsday Machine seconds before it vaporizes. The streaks enter the command center. The light leaks from all windows. They streak back out. On the command center, Lupe, Ari, Polio and Dirk run out, jump into a Hover-Unit and blast off.]
- Robotnik: I really hate that hedgehog. I hate him! I hate him! Hate him! Hate! Hate! Hate! HAAAAAAATE!
[As the command center vaporizes just as the Hover-Unit blasts off, white streaks criss-cross entire site. White light glows like a dome as all structures vaporize. The glowing streaks race to nearby hillside and stop. We see two glowing figures. Sonic and Sally glow brightly as they watch the glow fade from the Doomsday Site, leaving the place flat and barren. Sally's fur is standing on end. Sonic's spikes are glowing like fiber optics.]
- Sonic: All right! Way past cool! Robuttnik's gone!
- Sally: I don't believe this! Sonic, we actually did it!
[They high-five, creating an explosion of white light. Sally grins at Sonic and pushes in closer.]
- Sally: Wow. If a high-five does that...What happens with a kiss?
- Sonic: [Sonic's eyes widen. He puts his hands up.] Whoa. I don't wanna find out! Outta here.
[He streaks away. Sally giggles and streaks after him. The camera goes to a high look-down angle as the two streaks race after one another. In the distance, they finally merge into a huge white like that illuminates the Great Unknown. In Knothole, Sonic and Sally (both back to normal) watch from the Meeting Place as below, all the Freedom Fighters celebrate, laughing and shouting]
- Sonic: [looking depressed] No more Robuttnik. Too bad.
- Sally: [Sally's head whips around. She's amazed.] What? Too bad?
- Sonic: Hey, without a villain, what are heroes gonna do?
[Sally has tears of compassion well up in her eyes. She manages a smile and puts her head on Sonic's shoulder.]
- Sally: [softly] You'll always be my hero, Sonic Hedgehog.
[Sonic puts his arm around her]
- Freedom Fighters: Freedom! Freedom!
[The camera cuts to the Doomsday Site. Small rubble and Swat-Bot parts are all around. A pile of rubble moves as a hole irises open and Snively climbs up. He puts his hands on his hips, looks around.]
- Snively: YE-E-E-ES! [laughs] The big round guy, finally let Sonic defeat him. Well, don't celebrate too soon, hedgehog! Now, it's my turn! [laughs, then winks] Ah. And I'm NOT ALONE!
[As Snively walks offscreen, Naugus's eyes peer out from the darkness, his raspy laughter emanating from the pod.]