Television Bombs are objects that appear in Sonic X. They are yellow television sets that playback a recorded video message that Bokkun delivers to others, which then usually self-destruct after the message is finished. Their purpose is to deliver a transmission, usually by Dr. Eggman taunting Sonic the Hedgehog and his friends about the latest evil plot that the doctor established.
The Television Bomb appears as a round-square yellow television set with a blue display small enough to fit into Bokkun's bag. It has a small blue, green and red lights, a power switch button (though the blue button has shown to be used as one as well) and small gray speakers on both sides of the TV.
Features and traits
Once a Television Bomb is switched on, a pre-recorded video message plays. After the message ends in most cases, the TV then self-destructs like a bomb, which is usually enough to cover nearby people in soot but it does not appear to harm them otherwise. In one case though, the TV displays a timer that counts down to zero after which it then explodes.
New World Saga
Bokkun delivers his first Television Bomb to Sonic the Hedgehog at the Thorndyke Mansion which contained a message from Knuckles challenging Sonic to a fight at Silver Valley. Afterwards, the TV then detonates on Sonic, while Bokkun flew away in laughter. Bokkun next arrives at the Thorndyke Mansion's lounge, playing Dr. Eggman's message of his plans of using E-90 Super Sweeper sucking up the satellites on the Earth's stratosphere but at the end of the message, Eggman mentions the possiblility of Bokkun being obsolete which prompted Bokkun to burst into tears.
Bokkun later barges into the mansion while Sonic and his friends were having dinner, playing a message from Dr. Eggman who informs them of the light emitted by two Chaos Emeralds over at Diamond Stadium and challenges them to a game of baseball over there for the emeralds.
Chaos Emerald Saga
While out in vacation, Bokkun was tasked by Eggman to give Sonic and his friends a message but only found Cheese on their boat. Disappointed, Bokkun returned back to the Egg Fort and instead gave the Television Bomb to Eggman while playing out the doctor's message. Afterwards, the Television Bomb detonates on Eggman, Decoe and Bocoe. At Oriental City, Bokkun flew over to Knuckles the Echidna to play back a message from Eggman where the doctor orders Knuckles to quickly head over to New Town if he wanted to see his friend Hawk who the doctor held hostage.
- The basic concept of these bombs are to
- Deliver a message and
- Cause minor mayhem and panic.
- Despite that the Television Bomb has a power switch button, it has been shown to turn itself on shortly after Bokkun pulls it out of his bag.
- It is never shown how the messages of the Television Bombs were recorded.
- Bokkun delivers these messages a multitude of times but the heroes somehow always forget that they are bombs. Almost every time it explodes in someone's face, and so rarely do they try to get rid of it before it explodes. However, this is most likely for comical effect.
- Shiraishi, Masahiko (6 November 2004). "Shadow Knows". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 34.
- Yoshimura, Kiyoko (4 October 2003). "Cracking Knuckles". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 5.
- Shiraishi, Masahiko (25 October 2003). "Satellite Swindle". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 8.
- Mikuni, Mutsumi (8 November 2003). "Unfair Ball". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 10.
- Hōjō, Chinatsu (17 January 2004). "Depths of Danger". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 16.
- Shiraishi, Masahiko (24 January 2004). "The Adventures of Knuckles and Hawk". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 17.
- Masaki, Hiro (31 January 2004). "The Dam Scam". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 18.