This talk page has Archives:
- To make it more noticable I guess. Time Biter "The Rift" 11:55, July 12, 2012 (UTC)
"So we can all work together"
I rather we not use the word "we" like that on the Main Page, but that may just be me. I usually don't like referring to the reader unless it's for a poll. --14:48, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
Sacorguy just tried adding a link to the policy page on the main page here and it was removed. I think the idea is a good one but the location was wrong. I think it would be better off at the top of the Helping Out section. Thoughts? -- Supermorff (talk) 19:53, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- DiscoDuck initially suggested the idea about putting it there, he believes since some people don't tend to read the policy, that it should be in a more noticeable section. I suppose it can be in the "Helping Out" tab. Serious Sam Heavy 19:57, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- It could be on the Helping Out section, yes. I think it should be worded better as well. Anyone who edits gets in their welcome message, it's on the community corner, and it's all over the site. I don't think we need to add it, but I won't mind if it's there. -- 20:01, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't mind it being there either. I'd say put it in between the Create a new Article button and the Not sure where to start section. Maybe add a new Policy section, or just put it right under not sure where to start. The former would probably make it slightly more conspicous, as some may dismiss the section as articles in need of help and not read it, but i'm basically fine with either one. :)
- TheAwesomefroggy (talk) 21:01, August 13, 2012 (UTC)
- I believe it fits perfectly. Serious Sam Heavy 10:38, August 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Per Sacor. 08:00, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Mii's...they are confirmed for SASRT. Here are a lot of links that confirm them.
http://www.tssznews.com/2012/08/16/miis-to-return-in-asr-transformed-for-wii-u-3ds/ (Tssz is not reliable though)
there's more, but I don't want to find them. They have been heavily discussed on the SASRT SEGA forum (http://forums.sega.com/forumdisplay.php?263-Sonic-amp-All-Stars-Racing-Transformed)
- Dude, this would be better if you put it on It's talk page. 07:57, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Shouldn't People have the right to be on chat no matter how many edits they Have
I just saying ~Tynic The Hedgehog~
Not really. If we let everyone on the chat, the place would be filled with a lot of users who don't care that much about the community. It's kind of hard to explain why but if you look back far enough, there was a whole discussion about it a while ago.
@JakeTheHedgehog: That makes sense. I MUST get 100 edits now! It's-a me, the Ultimate Lifeform! But it's a secret to everybody... 21:08, November 20, 2012 (UTC)
On the main page for people in the Sonic it used to show Yuji Naka who created the franchise, but now it shows Roger Craig Smith. I think it should be changed back to Yuji Naka because he's been involved with the franchise since 1990 or 1991, and RGS has been around since 2010 with Sonic Free Riders. I don't hate RGS, but I just think Yuji Naka should be the person in the people section on the front page.—Preceding unsigned comment added by SonicBlazikPlatinum2009 (talk • contribs)
- Fair point, but I'm okay with Roger being there for as long as he's the voice of Sonic. When he eventually gets replaced, it won't be appropriate to have an image of him on the front page, but Yuki Naka will always be relevant to the Sonic series. -- Supermorff (talk) 08:45, September 24, 2012 (UTC)
- There are such things as professional Sonic players? I mean, as opposed to just highly talented Sonic players? -- Supermorff (talk) 11:36, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
- No. There are thousands of "professional" Sonic players, most of whom aren't very well-known, and it's totally redundant. 12:07, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
@Morff: There's a competitive Sonic scene with a community (who know each other quite well), so it depends on your definition of professional. I'd say yes, but as far as I know, they don't make money off of it, so yeah, it depends on your definition.
- All they have to do is follow it for gain. It doesn't necessarily have to be money, but even if so, it's prtty close to things where money is involved (like Smash Bros.) it shouldn't matter. If that confuses you, then think of other "close enough it should count" things like Batman being a superhero (he is IMO). Also, i'm not sure on this, but I don't think you can "make a living" off of Smash Bros. money. Maybe if you enter VERY many tournaments though.TheAwesomefroggy (talk) 19:11, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
To be professional, they have to make their living from playing games, generally without any other jobs. Other than game testers during development, I honestly can't believe that anyone could possibly live off playing Sonic games. Just being good and playing in a lot of competitions doesn't count. -- Supermorff (talk) 11:04, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- No, like Game of the Year or Best of E3? SilverPlays97 (Wall) (Contributions) 19:32, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, according to Wikipedia,Electronic Gaming Monthly tied Sonic 2 with Street Fighter 2,Game FAQs gave Sonic 2 the Greatest Games (Pre 2001) award, and Game Rankings had Sonic 1 have the highest review scores for that year (how they decide). Game Ranking does state, however, that Sonic 1 was number 2, but that could be because they reviewed the game that got #1 after 1991. TheAwesomefroggy (talk) 21:43, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Done. 22:17, March 4, 2013 (UTC)
- Weird. It does seem to have vanished, and not just on this wiki. It could be a temporary glitch. If it doesn't come back soon, I'll contact the Staff to see if they can restore it. 00:05, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Thanks! I'm not sure how this works exactly, but I'll give it a try. 00:22, March 8, 2013 (UTC)
- Huh, that's convenient. I really regret not exploring the options of my toolbar before. 16:11, March 9, 2013 (UTC)
- I tried using the method that 452 provided above, but the links would only show the formatting, and not the links themselves. I recommend you do what Morff suggested. It's much more useful than the one we had on the Wikia Activity. 21:35, March 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Good news. The buttons are back now, but I would still recommend customizing your toolbar. 14:10, March 13, 2013 (UTC)
Revert the Main Page
The right column looks awful as it extends much to far. I suggest reverting it back to the previous version or making a separate page for these interviews linked from the main page. ---21:31, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Per Fly. 21:46, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
- Per Fly and Shadow Sonamyfan666 Follow me inside, outside, through the stratosphere...
- I was actually about to talk to an admin about that. I'm glad Fly got to it before me. BlueSpeeder (talk) 21:54, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
- I thought it was only temporary until something got sorted out. But yeah, who doesn't think it looks awful? I'd rather keep the interview on the main page. The centre of the page, what we used to have, would suffice.
- I've reverted the main page. 23:25, March 26, 2013 (UTC)
new sister wiki
theres a new wiki called sonic the wiki should it be a sister wiki
- First, could you provide a link to the website? Second, could you explain why it should be a sister wiki? -- Shadowunleashed13 (talk) 18:10, May 17, 2013 (UTC)
- Google turns up nothing. Ignore this Anon.