Would the term "Mobian" be also used outside Mobius based series to tell between regular furries and Sonic fan characters on description?--Mystic Monkey 22:49, 11 January 2009 (UTC)
- For example, since Sonic Adventure, the games take place on Earth, not Mobius. That means the fauna of this world shares it's company with three major species. Humans, Sonic's animal species and animals. While the planet is not Mobius, can Sonic's race of "furries" can still be called Mobians as a racial name than as planet inhabitants?-- 17:48, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
Still a term in Post-SGW timeline?
Since Sega has forbidden the use of the name "Mobius" now, it is pretty clear that we are probably not gonna hear the name "Mobian" anymore for this species. However, just because we can't use that name anymore, it doesn't necessarily mean that the species previously referred to as Mobian has stopped existing altogether. I mean, characters earlier referred to as Mobians still roams in the Post-Super Genesis Wave timeline and character such as Razor the Shark and Coral the Betta are without a doubt members of the Mobian species, signifying the species' continuous presence. I just think that just because we don't have that name anymore it doesn't mean that this species has stopped existing. I figure than unless we hear the Word of God from Ian Flynn or someone similar that this species no longer exist, we should still refers to Mobian people as belong to the species of Mobians.Ultrasonic9000 (talk) 15:25, June 10, 2014 (UTC)
- You're taking this too seriously. The term has not been used in the comics, therefore we cannot say characters like Coral are Mobians. BlueSpeeder (talk) 16:22, June 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Then how else are we going to say that they are that species that were referred to as Mobian? The comic don't use the name Eggman Nega for the character yet we know his name is Eggman Nega. Just because we don't use the name anymore doesn't mean the species has stopped existing. The characters are a proof of that and we must list facts as they are.Ultrasonic9000 (talk) 16:27, June 11, 2014 (UTC)
- That is still not the mobian species. We have to link to that because they are so far still regarded as the species formerly known as Mobians: nothing in the comics or the creators have said that species is not relevant anymore. I keep saying it: the loss of name so far does not mean the species has stopped existing.Ultrasonic9000 (talk) 17:28, June 11, 2014 (UTC)
- Whoa whoa whoa. You said anthropomorphic animals aren't Mobians? Umm, last time I checked, Mobians is just a fancy term for anthropomorphic animals. There's nothing wrong with putting something such as "Striker is an anthropomorphic mantis shrimp" since nothing, NOTHING would be changed when replacing anthropomorphic with Mobian. And since Mobius isn't the planet name anymore, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense if we state that "oh yeah Coral only exists in the new world no longer called Mobius BUT BUT BUT is still a Mobian." I rest my case. BlueSpeeder (talk) 13:55, June 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I am not saying that anthropomorphic animals aren't Mobians. I am saying that we have a term for the species of anthropomorphic animals on Sonic's world and that we should use it. They might not have the name "Mobian" anymore, but the species itself is still there as proven by the characters. Taking down or ignoring information linking to the description for the mobian species that the characters are is just plain removing information. We have a term for these creatures and we can use it until Word of God says that the species no longer exists, 'cause right now, nothing in the comics or things stated by the writters say the species doesn't exist anymore, so we are allowed to link them to Mobian. I don't like using the term "Mobian" either since its been trashed, but how else are we going to link to that article and use it for categories and infoboxes?Ultrasonic9000 (talk) 15:55, June 12, 2014 (UTC)
- I know it is not the correct term anymore, but they are still that species. Nothing says they are not that species anymore. Letting that out is consciously letting out information (which is wrong), ergo there is nothing wrong yet in adding that link. For the last time, loss of name does not mean the species has stopped existing.Ultrasonic9000 (talk) 17:35, June 12, 2014 (UTC)
Should the term Mobian still be used on articles?
- I don't think I'm going to vote on this since I don't follow the comics too closely to have a say, but given that Ian Flynn has some contacts with the fandom like the BumbleKing forums, do you guys think that perhaps he can be reached on this matter? LinkTheLefty (talk) 17:22, June 20, 2014 (UTC)