Super Sonic Power, also known as Super Sonic Overdrive, is the Team Blast used by Team Sonic while in their Super States during the final battle with Metal Overlord in Sonic Heroes. When using this move, Super Sonic, Super Tails and Super Knuckles team up to deliver a knockout technique to damage Metal Overlord.
When performing Super Sonic Power, Super Sonic, Super Tails and Super Knuckles fly up and start charging their powers, the emblems representing the Speed type, Fly type and Power type appearing behind the respective user in the background. Once fully charged, Super Sonic, Super Tails and Super Knuckles deliver a rapid barrage of exceedingly powerful semi-Homing Attacks, similar to the Light Speed Attack, on their target.
Super Sonic Power is the only attack in Team Sonic's arsenal capable of dealing damage to Metal Overlord. To perform it in gameplay, the player must press the White Button// when the Team Blast Gauge is full. This move must be used a total of five times to defeat Metal Overlord.
- Super Sonic Power has a number of differences from other Team Blast maneuvers:
- This is the only Team Blast which name was not mentioned by the characters. The supporting characters in the boss fight referred to this move as the "Team Blast".
- This is the only Team Blast to not have an after-effect after being used.
- This is the only Team Blast where the Team Blast Gauge will instantly reset after its usage.
- Kaizen Media Group (1 June 2004). "Special Stages / Final Boss". Sonic Heroes: Prima's Official Strategy Guide. Prima Games. p. 133. ISBN 978-0761544494.
- Flynn, Ian; Sega (8 December 2021). "Sonic Heroes". Sonic the Hedgehog Encyclo-speed-ia. Dark Horse Books. p. 136. ISBN 978-1506719276. "Super Sonic Overdrive - The only way to damage the Final Boss. There's no bonus effect, but isn't that enough?!"