"Sunblock Solution" is the fortieth episode of the anime series, Sonic X as well as the the second episode in the Egg Moon Saga. It first aired on 4 January 2004 and 18 December 2004 in Japan and the United States respectively.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Rouge the Bat
- Amy Rose
- Cream the Rabbit
- Vanilla the Rabbit
- Christopher Thorndyke
- Chuck Thorndyke
- Mr. Tanaka
- Helen's mother
- Scarlet Garcia
- Christina Cooper
- Director of Central Intelligence
- Jerome Wise
- Mayor of Station Square
- Doctor Eggman
Races and species:
- "Gotta Go Fast" - Opening theme (USA and Canada)
- "Sonic X" - Opening theme (Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom)
- "Auld Lang Syne" - Instrumental version played in the opening sequence
- "Gotta Go Fast" (shortened) - Closing theme
The episode starts on the Thorndyke yacht, where Sonic , Tails , Chris, Amy , Cream , Cheese , Vanilla , Ella and Mr. Tanaka are preparing for a new year by hailing for the first sunshine of the year. Cream is worried that too much noise will scare the sun away. Topaz is also waiting for it to happen while chatting with Rouge. When the sun rises, suddenly the Egg Moon moves in front of it, blocking it completely and creating an artificial eclipse.
The President attempts to call Dr. Eggman, but he can't be reached. Suddenly, Eggman marches inside the President's office. He assures that the Egg Moon was damaged and it caused the Moon to block the sun. He promises to fix everything and the President gives him one chance. However, it turns out that he can't fix the moon any time soon, so he provides an alternative solution: by sending a reflection satellite into space and directing sunlight from it into large Mirror Towers, he can cause artificial sunlight by emitting sunlight from towers to his Sunshine Balls.
Public immediately begin to call Eggman to purchase Sunshine Balls in order to have sunlight again. However, Sonic is not convinced about Eggman's sincerity and storms out, leaving others wondering. Soon after, Sonic knocks out one of the Mirror Towers. Recorded footage about his attack is delivered to Eggman and the President and after it is given to the media, Sonic is declared a threat.
An angry mob begins to surround the Thorndyke mansion, demanding Sonic to answer for what he has done. Sonic's friends are trying to convince the mob that Sonic's innocent, to no avail. The episode ends with Eggman becoming popular and Sonic knocking out a second Mirror tower while others are trapped inside the mansion by the mob.
- In the Japanese version, Eggman said it would take him a full year to fix the Egg Moon and restore the natural sun. In the English dub, he says nothing.
- In the Japanese version, Decoe and Bocoe give the satellite commands once it is in space, but in the dubbed version, they don't.
- A twenty second scene of Bokkun playing music for Decoe and Bocoe is deleted from the dub.
- Five seconds of an elderly couple watching their TV is cut from the dub.
- A twelve second scene of Bokkun happily exclaiming about Eggman being president was cut from the dub.
- In the Japanese version, Eggman offers to set up mirror towers around the globe. In the English dub, he does not.
- A text banner saying "DIAMOND STADIAM" is removed in the English dub.
- The main cast getting into a brawl with the protesters was cut short in the dub.
- At the end of the episode, when Decoe and Bocoe revealed the TV with a show being called "Eggman X" (エッグマンX Egguman Ekkusu?), the Japanese version shows the Japanese logo while the dubbed version shows the English logo.
- When Amy is approaching the gate, her undergarments are miscolored as pink instead of white.
Title in other languages
|French||Une affaire juteuse||A juicy affair|
|German||Die Sonnenfinsternis||The eclipse|
|Italian||Eclissi di Sole / Le sfere solari||Eclipse of the Sun / The solar spheres|
|Spanish||Corporación Eggman||Eggman corporation|
|Russian||Корпорация Эггмана||Eggman's corporation|
|This article or section about TV and comics information is a stub. |
You can help the Sonic News Network by expanding it!