Suguna Lobster is a character that appears in the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics. He was an elemental wizard and member of the Order of Ixis after the mass extinction of its members. A mobian lobster, he gained mastery over the element of water, and then the elements of earth and air from his comrades Agunus Rhino and Nusgau Bat. The three would subsequently be fused together to become the evil wizard Ixis Naugus, whom Suguna would later return to torment along with his fellow wizards.
Suguna was originally a member of the Order of Ixis who joined the destroyed order with fellow wizards Agunus and Suguna after the Forgotten War. After teaching each other their respective magicks the trio set out to capture control over the element of fire by making contact with the sun. Despite their cooperation, Suguna held back part of his knowledge regarding water, and so thought to surpass the others by reaching the sun first. Unlike Agunus, Suguna had an excuse, as Agunus betrayed them first. However, similar treachery by Nusgau led to Agunus grabbing Nusgau, forcing Suguna to grab Agunus in turn. This led to the three of them falling into the sun together, fusing them together into Ixis Naugus.
In the aftermath of Operation: Clean Sweep, the spirit of the water wizard was released from the confines of Ixis Naugus' subconscious alongside his brethren. Contesting his fellow sorcerers for the claim over the dark wizard's body the lobster was shoved aside by Naugus who opted to ignore them. Suguna and his cohorts proved persistent, though they relented as they made efforts to help Naugus increase his credibility with the people of New Mobotropolis. Still, their presence proved more of an annoyance than a help as they advised him speak against Team Freedom only for it to backfire and disrupted his concentration as he attempted speak with Dr. Eggman. Suguna continued to torment Naugus as he prepared to use his newly created Ritual Chamber to enslave the people of New Mobotropolis. As an additional symptom of Naugus' use of a Chaos Emerald when Robotnik utilized his Death Egg Mark 2 to reset reality, Naugus' body began undergoing horrible mutations, which Suguna and his compatriots accosted him for. They continued to berate the ailing wizard as he desperately sought to overcome his mutations by finding a host body. When Naugus' apprentice Geoffrey St. John attempted to convince Naugus to give up his evil ways, Suguna and the others spoke against it, and were pleased when Naugus decided upon an entirely different strategy: using Geoffrey as a host body.
Like his fellow Ixians, Suguna is power-hungry and treacherous, with no qualms about betraying his partners. He is as eager as his associates to regain a body, despite the objections of Ixis Naugus. His hatred for Naugus often leads him to mock the wizard, though he is not above offering Naugus advice if he believes it can benefit his own interests.
Powers and abilities
While separate from Naugus, Suguna was an elemental wizard, specializing in the element of water. He was able to instruct Suguna and Nusgau in the art while learning theirs as well, though he held back part of his knowledge from them.
- Suguna's name is an anagram of Agunus and Nusgau's names and that of their combined form, Naugus.
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog: The Complete Sonic Comic Encyclopedia, "Ixis Naugus"
- ↑ Ian Flynn (15 August 2012). Sonic Universe #43 - Spoilers & Discussion. BumbleKing Comics. Archived from the original on 2 November 2015.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #66, "And then There Was One"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Sonic the Hedgehog #231, "Haunted"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #231, "Lost In the Moment"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #232, "Dark Tidings"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #234, "Dark Hearts"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #236, "Leader of the Band"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #41, "Unsung Heroes Part One: The Big Guns!"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #42, "Unsung Heroes Part 2: The Terror Below"
- ↑ Sonic Universe #43, "Unsung Heroes Part Three: Occupational Hazards!"
- ↑ Sonic the Hedgehog #241, "Unraveling"