Sonic the Hedgehog
- 1 Description
- 2 Story
- 3 Gameplay
- 4 Overview
- 5 Boss
- 6 Other game appearances
- 7 In other media
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Gallery
- 10 Music
- 11 Videos
- 12 See also
- 13 References
Star Light Zone is an amusement park in a large city located on South Island. The Zone takes place during nighttime, under a dark sky full of stars. Many green and gray platforms appear throughout the side, with some lights along them. Many gray gilders and construction cones decorate the place, as if a building is under construction.
Star Light Zone was one of the many regions on South Island affected by Dr. Robotnik during his quest for the six Chaos Emeralds. There, the doctor kidnapped the local Animals and used some of them to power his Badniks, while leaving the rest of them in huge Capsules. When Sonic the Hedgehog arrived at the Zone however, he saved the Animals and defeated Robotnik in his Egg Mobile.
Star Light Zone is a rather speedy Zone, with many shuttle loops and ramps the player can use to build speed. Some sections feature see-saws with iron balls, which the player can use to propel themselves upwards. hortizontally-aligned Fans are also common, which push the playable character backward when they approach it from the front. Some other sections also feature blocks the player can interact with by touching them. Fireball Cannons are also frequently encountered. On a few rare occasions, the player may also find large, swinging half-iron balls they can ride on.
At the end of Act 3, the player arrives in an arena with see-saws lining the ground. Dr. Robotnik will then appear and fly around overhead, occasionally dropping mines onto the see-saws below. The mines explode upon impact or after a few seconds, so the player has to work fast. They can either catapult the mines back up into the Egg Mobile or stand on one end of the see-saw and let a falling mine spring the playable character into the air to hit the Egg Mobile.
Other game appearances
In other media
Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Comic
In the Sonic X comic series published by Archie Comics, Sonic, Amy, Knuckles and Rouge travel through Star Light Zone while trapped in a virtual reality world. While there, they managed to find and rescue Tails.
In the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series and its spin-offs published by Archie Comics, Star Light Zone was a Zone formed by Dr. Eggman during Operation: Clean Sweep. Sonic, Sally and Rotor Walrus traveled through the Zone after making it through Labyrinth Zone.
- This is the last Zone to feature Giant Rings, meaning that this is also the player's last chance to get the Chaos Emeralds.
- This is the only Zone to feature scenery in the foreground as well as the background.
- In Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Nintendo DS version), a remix of this Zone's music appears.
- The level layout of Star Light Zone Act 1 is replicated in Game Land 7-1 from the Wii version of Sonic Colors.
- The music for Star Light Zone appears as unlockable music in Sonic Generations.
- This Zone was originally intended to be the fourth Zone.
- A remix of Star Light Zone's music can be heard in the player's name and records menu for Sonic Advance.
- An orchestral remix of Star Light Zone's theme could be heard during the Tokyo 2020/2021 Summer Olympic Games opening ceremonies Parade of Nations alongside an array of other famous Japanese video game songs.
|Star Light Zone||Masato Nakamura||2:26|
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Mega Drive) United States instruction booklet, pg. 8.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Sega Mega Drive) Japanese instruction booklet, pg. 34.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (promotional comic)
- Phillips, Tom (23 July 2021). Tokyo Olympic Games opening features suite of game music. Eurogamer. Archived from the original on 23 July 2021.