The Spin Attack is a move that appears in the anime series Sonic X and its comic series published by Archie Comics. It is a technique that consists of the user curling into a high-speed projectile.
When performing the Spin Attack, the user curls tightly into a concussive ball and rolls forward at such high speeds that a wave of wind surrounds them (though not always). In this state, the user becomes a powerful projectile, capable of penetrating almost any substance, though extremely durable opponents like Chaos (when transformed) and the Metarex Commanders can withstand it. Additionally, the Spin Attack makes the user virtually invulnerable to harm, like when Sonic could hold back a drill from the Egg Hornet while using this move. Alternatively, this move can be used for immense leaps.
Very versatile in nature, the Spin Attack can be enhanced in various ways. Sonic, for example, can use a Ring to enter "Super Spin Mode" which is a more powerful and almost unstoppable version of the Spin Attack. Using a Chaos Emerald empowers the Spin Attack in a similar way to the Ring, but to a greater degree. Another method is through the Sonic Power Cannon which uses the Master Emerald to empower it enough to let the user generate an electric field around themselves and take down some of the toughest Metarex in one shot. Entering a super form empowers the Spin Attack to its maximum potential, and using it with the Sonic Power Cannon arguments it further, although such power can be fatal to the user.
The combo attack is a variant of the Spin Attack used exclusively by Sonic and Knuckles. When using this technique, Sonic and Knuckles join together to form one massive Spin Attack with greater power and flight capabilities.
- The Spin Attack is usually animated using CGI, the one exception being in the episode "Cracking Knuckles".
- Sonic X #10, "No Thanks For The Memories, Part One"
- Sonic X #11, "No Thanks For The Memories, Part Two"
- Sonic X #24, "Camera Hog"
- Yoshimura, Kiyoko (4 October 2003). "Cracking Knuckles". Sonic X. Season 1. Episode 5.
- Masaki, Hiro (15 October 2005). "Desperately Seeking Sonic". Sonic X. Season 3. Episode 58.
- Yoshimura, Kiyoko (25 September 2004). "A Chaotic Day". Sonic X. Season 2. Episode 28.
- Masaki, Hiro (17 September 2005). "Cosmic Crisis". Sonic X. Season 3. Episode 54.
- Sonic X #2 "See Sonic! Sea Battle! See Sonic Sea Battle!"