Sonic the Hedgehog Volume 8: Darkest Hours is the eighth volume in the Sonic the Hedgehog trade-paperback series published by IDW Publishing. This volume contains reprints of stories from Sonic the Hedgehog #30-#32 and Sonic the Hedgehog: Annual 2020.
- Team Sonic defeated the Metal Virus, but things are far from back to normal. What have they lost, and which villains will sieze the opportunity to strike?
- First, "Untold Tales of the Metal Virus!" As Dr. Eggman's technological plague sweeps the world, some of Sonic's greatest allies and most sinister foes must face the threat alone! Witness wrenching tragedies and surprising acts of bravery in six stories from the darkest days of the virus.
- Then, in the aftermath of the Metal Virus Saga, the world has changed. Heroes and villains plan for the future as reconstruction begins. But one hero remains missing, even as Dr. Eggman launches a new assault, determined to take down his enemies once and for all. Faced with new challenges and the legacy of a friend, can the Resistance prevail without the full support of their allies?
- Collects the Sonic The Hedgehog 2020 Annual and issues #30-32 of the ongoing comic series.
- The cover for this volume is the same as cover A for Sonic the Hedgehog #30.