Sonic the Hedgehog Annual 2019 is an annual edition comic to be released by IDW Publishing.
- In Sonic's world, adventure awaits around every corner, but even the world's fastest hedgehog can't be at the center of all of it! Join Sonic and some of his coolest friends in adventures that show just how wonderful Sonic's world really is.
- In the lead story, the odd couple of Tangle the Lemur and Whisper the Wolf team-up to save a friend in need! Then Sonic and Tails take the Tornado for a spin, but is Sonic going too fast? Plus, Silver and Blaze slow down for a minute to go gardening, the Sonic Fan Club has their first official meeting, and Rouge the Bat hunts for treasure!
- This issue was initially planned for release on 27 March 2019, but was pushed back to 8 May 2019 and then moved up to 1 May 2019.
- This is the first time Yuji Uekawa has contributed original artwork to a comic in the Sonic series, as well as the first time he has illustrated non-Sonic Team created Sonic characters in official artwork.
- The way in which Uekawa drew his cover for the annual resembles the style he used to draw Sonic characters for the 2018 Sonic Channel wallpapers and calendars.
- Excluding Off Panels, this is the first time Jonathan Gray has penciled a full story for a Sonic comic title since Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog #194, which would be over a decade ago compared to the annual's release.
- David Mariotte stated that the stories featured in the annual are canon to the IDW universe.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 David Mariotte on Facebook. Facebook (19 March 2019). Retrieved on 20 March 2019.
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Exclusive: IDW Announces 'Sonic The Hedgehog Annual 2019' in Partnership With SEGA. Previews World (20 December 2018). Retrieved on 20 December 2018.
- ↑ Evan Stanley on Tumblr. Tumblr. Retrieved on 19 January 2019.
- ↑ SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ANNUAL 2019 CVR A SONIC TEAM. Previews World (20 December 2018). Retrieved on 24 December 2018.
- ↑ David Mariotte on Twitter. Twitter (20 December 2018). Retrieved on 20 December 2018.