The Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary is the current celebration throughout 2021 of thirty years since the start of the Sonic the Hedgehog series with the release of Sonic the Hedgehog in 1991. It was preceded by the twenty-fifth anniversary.
In July 2020, it was revealed that the celebration will include new games, digital content, events, major announcements, and a tailored licensing program. In September, the logo for the celebration and merchandise was revealed.
On 25 May 2021, it was announced that news regarding the anniversary would be revealed on the 27th via the first Sonic Central video presentation. The announcement was accompanied by a promotional video titled "Unstoppable". Takashi Iizuka would later announce that from 2021 and into 2022, there will be a rush of new titles and collaborations in line with the celebration of the series' thirtieth year. It will follow the slogan "Sonic Everywhere" advocated by Sonic Studio, and the team behind the Sonic series will be working towards a future where Sonic will always be present and there will not be a day where the world does not see Sonic.
- Sonic Colors: Ultimate
- Sonic Dash (Pirate Sonic and Captain Shadow event)
- Sonic Forces: Speed Battle (Super Sonic event)
- Sonic Origins
- Sonic Racing (Classic Sonic and Green Hill Zone event)
- Untitled 2022 Sonic game
- Chain Chronicle collaboration
- Fist of the North Star LEGENDS ReVIVE collaboration
- Lost Judgment - Sonic the Fighters arcade game
- Minecraft Sonic the Hedgehog DLC
- Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 - The Official Video Game - Sonic mascot avatar costume
- Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis birthday event
- Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation Dx2 collaboration
- Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania - Playable Sonic and Tails
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate spirit board event
- Two Point Hospital - Sonic Pack DLC
- Cookie Run: Kingdom collaboration
- Sonic the Hedgehog Encyclo-speed-ia
- Pop! vinyl figures by Funko
- Toys by Jakks Pacific
- Jewelry collection by King Ice
- Apparel and accessories by Graph Gaming
- Collectible enamel pins by FiGPiN Inc. and Zen Monkey Studios
- Energy drinks by G Fuel
- Posters by Pyramid America
- Plush toys by Tomy
- Home products by Character World
- Cake decorations by Finsbury Food
- Personal care products by Corsair
- Wristwatch by Seiko
- Apparel and collectibles by Numskull Designs
- Posters by Moor-Art Gallery
- Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary Celebration: The Deluxe Edition
- Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary Special
- Sonic the Hedgehog Free Comic Book Day 2021
- Sonic the Hedgehog 30th Anniversary Symphony
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Sonic Balloon
- In the 30th anniversary trailer, "Unstoppable", about one minute and six seconds into it, one of the squares can be seen depicting the animation "Amy Rejects Sonic" by Sasso Studios, an animation that Jim Sass uploaded to YouTube on 15 February 2020.
- The Sonic the Hedgehog series was the featured article of the day on Wikipedia on the day of its anniversary.
- 稲元徹也 (22 July 2021). ソニック30周年記念，飯塚 隆プロデューサーにインタビュー。“Sonic Everywhere”――常にソニックが存在する未来を目指して (Japanese). 4Gamer. Archived from the original on 22 July 2021. Retrieved on 23 July 2021.
- Ivan, Tom (7 September 2020). Sonic to celebrate 30th anniversary with ‘new games and major announcements’ in 2021. VGC. Archived from the original on 29 September 2020. Retrieved on 29 September 2020.
- SICKR (14 September 2020). SEGA reveals Sonic 30th anniversary logo and new merchandise. My Nintendo News. Archived from the original on 29 September 2020. Retrieved on 29 September 2020.
- Bailey, Kat (25 May 2021). Sonic Central Stream Will Reveal New Projects For the Blue Hedgehog. IGN. Archived from the original on 26 May 2021.
- SONIC'S BIRTHDAY 2021. Sega. Retrieved on 26 June 2021.
- Zahn, James (9 March 2021). TOMY Brings Sonic the Hedgehog to Its Club Mocchi- Mocchi- Plush Collection. The Toy Book. Archived from the original on 9 March 2021. Retrieved on 11 March 2021.
- Licensing Magazine (11 March 2021). LOTS OF NEWS BY SONIC THE HEDGEHOG!. Licensing Magazine. Archived from the original on 12 March 2021. Retrieved on 25 April 2021.
- Sonic Stadium. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG COLLABORATION WITH SEIKO TO RELEASE HIGH-END WRISTWATCH. Sonic Stadium. Archived from the original on May 28 2021.