Sonic the Hedgehog is a port of the 16-bit version of Sonic the Hedgehog for use on game-compatible iPods, available under the Sega Mobile banner. Game-compatible iPods include the fifth-generation iPod, iPod Classic and third-to-fifth-generation iPod Nano.
The game is controlled by using the iPod's Click Wheel to move and the center button is used for jumping. Alternately there is a second control set-up in which players touch the click wheel to move Sonic, and press down on the wheel to jump. Pressing Menu will bring up the pause menu. Either control scheme can make the game more challenging than it originally was.
Note that the default control scheme requires the player to hold Play/Pause to crouch; doing this for several seconds will put the iPod into sleep mode.
The game is faithful to the original console version but adds a few new features:
- An in-game tutorial is also available to help new players get accustomed to the game.
- The game has a new auto-save feature which will save the game at the beginning of any level that is reached.
- There is also an unlimited number of Continues.
- Loading screens are added between levels, and when starting the game.
- A new pause menu is implemented, which gives players a range of options including adjusting the control scheme and abandoning the current game.
|This article or section about a game is a stub. |
You can help the Sonic News Network by expanding it!