- 1 Official solicitation
- 2 Featured stories
- 3 Quotes
- 4 Trivia
- 5 Gallery
- 6 External links
- ALL-NEW DIRECT MARKET-EXCLUSIVE special! There are so many epic battles in the SONIC/MEGA MAN crossover event that the biggest brawls of the bunch have exploded into their very own book! Twelve issues just isn’t enough to contain all the frantic action of “Worlds Unite!” The action spills over into this second special stand-alone issue where an all-star cast of creators bring you an extraordinary all-action issue! Watch as Sonic battles the Deadly Six, Knuckles throws down with Break Man, and Sticks… goes after Roll?! LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLE! Also featuring variant cover art from Roger and Idalia Robinson, and a special wrap-around sketch variant by Sonic and Mega Man superstars Evan Stanley & Jamal Peppers!
Sonic the Hedgehog vs. Three of the Armored Deadly Six!
Sonic is traveling through the Green Hill Zone when a Genesis Portal opens in front of him to admit a hand clutching a black rose, which turns out to belong to Zor. He is then joined by his teammates Zavok and Zeena, and the trio launch a devastating attack against the blue Hedgehog. Zavok tries to hit Sonic, and while Sonic avoids him, Zeena hits Sonic. The hit causes Sonic to enter a Genesis Portal, ending up in the Station Square, where it is dark due to be raining. The three introduce themselves and continue their attack, but Sonic avoids them. When the people start cheering to Sonic, Zor gets angry and attempts to attack them, but Sonic takes the hit to protect the civilians. While gloating that the attack did not do much harm, Zavok punches Sonic, and accidentally throws him on Zeena, making the two fall in a dirty puddle. Angry, Zeena attacks Sonic and sends him into other Genesis Portal, landing in a deserted junkyard belonging to Dr. Eggman. As Zor and Zeena are annoyed, they decide to put an end to the battle by reanimating all the broken Badniks present, overwhelming Sonic and making his pass out. With Sonic down, they prepare to bring him to the Lost Hex.
- Badnik Horde
- Deadly Six
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Zavok, Zeena and Zor are still under Sigma's mind control, which Sigma used on them through their armor in Sonic Universe #76, "Worlds Unite! Part One: Across Time and Space". The Deadly Six would be freed from their armor in Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills".
- This story elaborates on Sonic's confrontation with the Deadly Six in Sonic Universe #76, "Worlds Unite! Part One: Across Time and Space".
Sticks vs Roll
Responding to an anonymous note referring to her as "Red," Roll grabs her trusty broom and heads to the Sky Patrol's simulator training room. Upon arriving, she finds that Sticks the Badger has taken control of the simulator and created a gauntlet for her to fight her way through. Sticks launches a missile that Roll manages to deflect using her broom and accuses her of being a traitor, something that leaves Roll completely confused. Sticks continues to attack her with everything the room has, including several robots and deadly traps. Despite the odds, Roll manages to defend herself only with her broom. After several attacks, Roll gets angry and yells for the crazy "beaver" to show up and face her in person. Sticks appears and attacks Roll with an explosive, knocking her in the floor. Sticks jumps on the red robot's direction to get her, taking Roll's broom. Confused and angry, Roll asks if she was after her broom and not her. Sticks confirms it and notes she has nothing against Roll, and tells her to leave while she interrogates the spy with angry-eye-bolt face. Roll tries to tell her that it is just a broom, but when she sees Stick's expression, she decides to say that it is a double-agent that was pretending to spy for Sigma, but is actually spying for the heroes. Sticks is surprised, but is not entirely sure and says that she will keep an eye on it.
- The gag on this story's introduction page where Sticks the Badger tells the narrator to cut the prolonged introduction short is a reused gag from the end of the story "Hammer Spaced" in Sonic Boom #3, even using the exact same image and nearly identical dialogue.
- The first maneuver Roll uses with her broom is based on the Roll Swing attack in Mega Man Powered Up.
- The story takes place between Mega Man #50, "Worlds Unite Part Four: Death and Destruction" and Sonic Universe #77, "Worlds Unite! Part Five: Everybody in the Same Boat".
- Sticks has a fight with Roll which she would mention in Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills" and Sonic Universe #77, "Worlds Unite! Part Five: Everybody in the Same Boat".
Knuckles vs. Break Man
- Writer: Aleah Baker
- Pencils: Diana Skelly
- Inks: Terry Austin
- Colors: Elaina Unger
- Letters: Rachel Deering
Knuckles the Echidna is attacked by Break Man, whom he tries to dissuade from attacking him, only to be informed that "You don't have a choice. Neither do I." Recognizing that although Break Man's body is being controlled by the Deadly Six, he can still speak, Knuckles suggests that they come up with a plan. Break Man decides that the key may lie in his nuclear power core, which-if detonated at a safe distance-might be able to turn the tide in favor of Knuckles' allies by blowing their opponents. Angry, Knuckles calls him stupid and attacks, saying that he should not give up. While fighting, Break Man states he is being pragmatic as the situation is hopeless, but Knuckles says that it is only hopeless if he gives up, and insists for him to keep trying to resist the control. Break Man thinks he is a stubborn idiot, but even so he is right, and continues trying. When Knuckles is about to hit him with a Spiral Upper, he releases his shield and takes the hit. Before collapsing, Break Man says that Knuckles won, and Knuckles recognizes that Break Man also won his fight.
- Break Man is still under the Deadly Six's control which was established in Sonic Boom #9, "Worlds Unite! Part Six: Fire in the Sky".
- This story takes place between Sonic Boom #9, "Worlds Unite! Part Six: Fire in the Sky" and Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills". Knuckles would mention his fight with Break Man in Sonic the Hedgehog #274, "Worlds Unite! Part Seven: Gears and Wills".
- The Deadly Six only take control of the Robot Masters and Maverick Hunters after all Maverick Mechaniloids were destroyed in Sonic Boom #9, "Worlds Unite! Part Six: Fire in the Sky", but several of them can be seen active in the battle between Knuckles and Break Man.
- Knuckles: Look...smashing robots isn't exactly my day job, but I'd definitely list it as a hobby. I don't want to do this.
- Break Man: You don't have a choice. Neither do I.
- The third variant cover was only obtainable through 's monthly mystery box service. This marks the first time a variant cover could only be obtained through means other than comic stores or conventions.