- "Betrayal." The origin of Whisper the Wolf is revealed! All your (and Tangle's) questions answered! Where did her Wisps come from? How did she get her Variable Wispon? Why does she hate Eggman so much? And who betrayed her? Whisper's secret origin is revealed-and what secrets from her past will help her and Tangle in the present?!
At ground zero of the former Eggman Empire bunker, Tangle tells Whisper that she wants to help her as she sees that she carries a lot of baggage and asks what Mimic did to her. After a short pause, Whisper begins to tell Tangle about the five members of the Diamond Cutters while presenting a picture of them; herself, their scout; Smithy, their crafter; Slinger, their marksman; Claire Voyance, their psy-op; and Mimic, their infiltrator. Tangle compliments Whisper on how cool they looked. Whisper goes on to say that they were an anti-Eggman mercenary team and they took the most dangerous missions. At the time, she thought that they were all committed to the cause. Whisper gets her mask scope to show Tangle the events of their last mission and tells her that video of their masks were linked to let them review their missions and study each other's perspectives. Slightly uneasy after the bunker exploded, Tangle puts on Whisper's mask. From Smithy's perspective, at an Eggman Empire base, he, Claire and Slinger pretended to be captured by Mimic who was disguised as an Egg Pawn. After they managed to destroy the foot soldiers, Smithy asked Claire where the patrols where. Claire managed to see one formation on the far end of the base and two more inside that were recharging. Smithy then turned to Whisper, who told him that she saw one patrol that was one hundred meters from the front gate. Switching to Mimic's perspective, Smithy went on to say that the door should be blown while they torn down everything down near the center. With this, Smithy and Slinger began to shoot at many Egg Pawns.
- Egg Pawn (Flashback) (multiple)
- Diamond Cutters
- Dr. Eggman (Mentioned)
- Tangle the Lemur
- Cover A is the third piece of the 4-part panoramic connecting cover art by Evan Stanley.
- This issue was initially going to be released on 18 September 2019, but was soon moved to 25 September 2019 instead. It was later changed to 2 October 2019 and then to 9 October 2019 and then again to 23 October 2019.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 SONIC THE HEDGEHOG TANGLE & WHISPER #3 (OF 4) CVR A STANLEY. Previews World (21 June 2019). Retrieved on 21 June 2019.
- ↑ SONIC THE HEDGEHOG TANGLE & WHISPER #3 (OF 4) CVR B FOURDRAI. Previews World (21 June 2019). Retrieved on 21 June 2019.
- ↑ SONIC THE HEDGEHOG TANGLE & WHISPER #3 (OF 4) 10 COPY INCV T. Previews World (21 June 2019). Retrieved on 21 June 2019.