- If Tangle and Whisper know they're being led into a trap, the imposter they've been chasing can't get the drop on them, right? Who is this mysterious imposter, why is Whisper so adamant about taking him down, and will Tangle be able to help-or just get in the way? Find out in "Ambush"!
Outside a forgotten Eggman Empire bunker, Whisper attempts to scan the interior with her mask scope. She is soon interrupted and annoyed by Tangle pretending to sneak around. Whisper turns around to her and tells her to stop, leaving the latter to apologize. Whisper reveals that there is no activity on the outside of the bunker and she cannot scan the inside of it, meaning that the duo would be walking into Mimic's trap blind. Tangle tries to see the bright side of this, saying that they would have him backed into a corner. Whisper does not respond, prompting the lemur to realize Mimic would still very much have the advantage over the duo. Tangle asks if they should try to find him another time but Whisper is eager to take the risk. Tangle then suggests that they will be careful and tells Whisper to stop worrying so much. The lemur goes on to say that Whisper already seems to know how Mimic operates and the latter thought that she was a "Diamond Cutter". When Tangle asks if the two have a history, Whisper says "Yes." Realizing that it is a sensitive subject for her, Tangle does not pry further but asks if there is anything she should watch out for. Whisper states that Mimic is dangerous and manipulative and that Tangle should be on guard.
- This issue was initially going to be released on 21 August 2019, but was soon moved to 28 August 2019 instead which was the original release date for Sonic the Hedgehog #20. It was later moved to 4 September 2019.
- Cover A is the second piece of the 4-part panoramic connecting cover art by Evan Stanley.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 SONIC THE HEDGEHOG TANGLE & WHISPER #2 (OF 4) CVR A STANLEY. Previews World (24 May 2019). Retrieved on 24 May 2019.
- ↑ SONIC THE HEDGEHOG TANGLE & WHISPER #2 (OF 4) CVR B FOURDRAI. Previews World (24 May 2019). Retrieved on 24 May 2019.
- ↑ SONIC THE HEDGEHOG TANGLE & WHISPER #2 (OF 4) 10 COPY INCV H. Previews World (24 May 2019). Retrieved on 24 May 2019.
- ↑ Leonardo Ito on Twitter. Twitter (2 August 2019). Retrieved on 2 August 2019.