- From Sonic veterans Ian Flynn and Jack Lawrence comes "Smash & Grab," an exciting story jam-packed with bad guys and badniks!
- Some of Sonic's worst enemies are back and badder than ever! Dr. Starline, Dr. Eggman's former-right hand, has brought together Mimic, Rough, Tumble, and Zavok and promised them even more incredible power... if they can stop fighting each other and start fighting badniks to get to it!
Smash & Grab
- Story: Ian Flynn
- Art: Jack Lawrence
- Colors: Leonardo Ito
- Letters: Shawn Lee
- Assistant Editor: Riley Farmer
- Editor: David Mariotte
- Special thanks to: Mai Kiyotaki, Michael Cisneros, Sandra Jo, Sonic Team, and everyone at Sega for their invaluable assistance
Zavok, Mimic, Rough and Tumble are busy fighting a Badnik horde. Elsewhere, Dr. Starline talks about how he managed to assemble them by making them think that they were going to get revenge on Dr. Eggman. However, he was actually planning to be accepted back into the Eggman Empire with an even bigger plan. First, he needed the power to keep up with his opponents. In a flashback, Starline explained to the group that they were after Power Cores. Rough and Tumble joked about them, thinking them of them to be objects used for a ball pit. Mimic wondered why they were going after Eggman tech because he wanted to get off of his radar and not annoy him more. Starline explained that they needed the cores for phase two of the plan and he would be erased from his records after that and not before. The doctor explained that the cores were concentrated energy used by a variety of machines in the Eggman Empire; when they are properly harnessed, they can amplify the user's physical abilities. Starline then said that to use the cores they needed to use special adaptors that he would build for everyone. Secretly, Starline knew that all that was needed was to touch their E.M. casings but decided to keep this from the others as they did not know. Mimic asked how the cores would help him disappear, only for Starline to say that he expected to spell things out for Rough and Tumble but was surprised that the octopus would have trouble. The skunks laughed at Mimic being called dumb as them.
- Deadly Six (Mentioned)
- Dr. Eggman (Mentioned)
- Dr. Starline
- Rough the Skunk
- Tumble the Skunk
- Dr. Starline's Repository (Flashback)
- Power Core (First appearance)
- Eggman Empire (Mentioned)
- Dr. Starline recalls assembling Zavok, Mimic, Rough and Tumble, which occurred in the previous issue.
- Mimic recalls Starline promising that he would erase him from Dr. Eggman's records from the previous issue.
- Story so far...: "Story so far..." is a summary of the current plotline for the comic.
- Cover B is the second piece of the four-part panoramic connecting cover artwork by Diana Skelly.
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG BAD GUYS #2 (OF 4) CVR A HAMMERSTROM. Previews World (24 July 2020). Retrieved on 24 July 2020.
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG BAD GUYS #2 (OF 4) CVR B SKELLY. Previews World (24 July 2020). Retrieved on 24 July 2020.
- SONIC THE HEDGEHOG BAD GUYS #2 (OF 4) 10 COPY INCV LAWRENCE. Previews World (24 July 2020). Retrieved on 24 July 2020.