Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man: Worlds Collide Volume 1: Kindred Spirits is the first of three trade paperback releases of the Worlds Collide crossover. It contain reprints of stories from Mega Man #24-25, Sonic Universe #51 and Sonic the Hedgehog #248.
- The year's most talked-about comic crossover is HERE, collected for the first time in graphic novel form! SONIC/MEGA MAN: WORLDS COLLIDE BOOK 1 collects the historic first meeting of two of the biggest video game icons in the world! See the two blue heroes do battle while their evil counterparts doctors Eggman and Wily revel in every minute of it! Featuring all the action, fun and adventure of the first four chapters of the 12-part miniseries, plus exclusive bonus features you can only see in this graphic novel collection!
When Worlds Collide Part One: Kindred Spirits
When Worlds Collide Part Two: Mistaken Identities
When Worlds Collide Part Three: No Holds Barred
When Worlds Collide Part Four: Through the Looking Glass
- Introduction by Ian Flynn: A preface by Ian Flynn.
- Variant covers gallery: All of the variant cover artwork of the issues included in this volume without text.
- Concept sketches: Several concept sketches by Patrick Spaziante and Jamal Peppers from Mega Man #24.
- Script selections: Script sections from Mega Man #24.
- Prelude to Worlds Collide: A write-up about Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Mna Free Comic Boom Day 2013 prelude to the crossover and cover creation process, and brief recaps of the three books from each series that precede the crossover, namely Mega Man #23, Sonic the Hedgehog #247 and Sonic Universe #50
- Origins of a Crossover: An essay written by Patrick Spaziante about how the idea for a crossover came about and a detailing of how each of the covers were made.
- The cover for this volume mixes artwork from two front covers: the artwork of Sonic and Mega Man up front is taken from the variant covers of Sonic Universe #52, except Sonic's artwork has been altered so his eyes are now facing forward instead of to the side. The background of the cover with the other characters are taken from the regular cover of Mega Man #24
- This makes this volume the only graphic novel cover not to use artwork from a cover of the main Sonic series, but from a Mega Man and Sonic Universe cover instead.
- The movement of the characters also reveals Wood Man in the background art (who was previously obscured in other versions of this artwork).
- This volume noticeably lack features standard for the other TPB releases, including the Off Panel/Short Circuits strips, as well as character profiles. However, the Off Panel/Short Circuits strips missing in this volume are included in Sonic the Hedgehog/Mega Man: Worlds Collide Volume 2: Into the Warzone, plus the next four.