Sonic the Comic
- Editor: Andy Diggle
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing Manager: Douglas Pocock
- Michelle Brown: Promotions Buyer
- Marketing Director: Rob McMenemy
- Managing Director: Julie Goldsmith
- Advertising: Steve Goldsmith
War of the Worlds!
8,000 years into the past, the newly created Chaos flexes his claws, marveling at the sheer amount of power he feels from the Chaos Emeralds as Sonic and Tikal look on horror. Knuckles proceeds to lead his fellow Echidnas into driving the Drakon invaders from the city as the Great War begins. Sonic enters the fray to aid the Echidnas, desperately fighting Chaos' fear effect, hoping to destroy the monster there and then, believing he would then be able to prevent Johnny's death in the future. As Sonic struggles within the belly of Chaos, Pochacamac uses the power of the Chaos Emeralds to transport Sonic back to the present day. With the monster weakened, the Echidnas seize their chance to attack.
Back in the present, Knuckles and the remaining Freedom Fighters arrive at Robotnik's Retreat in search of the Chaos Emeralds, as does Chaos. Dr. Robotnik delights in the fact that they will all be destroyed together, but muses upon the absence of Sonic. As if on cue, Sonic bursts out of Chaos' chest as the monster remembers what happened. Meanwhile, 8000 years earlier, the Echidnas recover after their battle with the Drakons. While Tikal muses upon Sonic's fate, Knuckles and Pochacamac consider how Knuckles remains alive in the future, the war and the uncertain future of the Echidna race.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Amy Rose
- Dr. Ivo Robotnik
- Guardian Robots
- Johnny Lightfoot (Mentioned)
- Doctor Zachary (Mentioned)
- Sonic is still in the past, having been transported there by Tikal in Sonic the Comic #179, "Out of Time!"
- Johnny Lightfoot was killed by Chaos in Sonic the Comic #176, "What Price Victory?"
- The name of this story is derived from H.G. Wells' classic science fiction story, The War of the Worlds.
- The art style of the strip's name displayed on the first page bears a striking resemblance to the font used for the logo of Jeff Wayne's musical adaptation of the H.G. Wells story.
- Knuckles - "Total Chaotix, Part 4" (Sonic the Comic #56)
- Tails - "Mystery Villain" (Sonic the Comic #83)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - "The Brotherhood of Metallix, Part 3" (Sonic the Comic #61)
- Data Zone: The Data Zone acts as a quick reference guide to new readers about the characters. This issue provides data files on Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Robotnik and Chaos.
- Speedlines: Speedlines are a Q&A format where Megadroid answers fan questions. Letters include discussions about Knuckles' family, Sonic figure requests, Sonic the Hedgehog: The Movie, and storyline suggestions.
- Graphic Zone: The Graphic Zone features fan art from readers of the comics. The theme of this issue is "International Escapades", displaying Sonic, Robotnik and Knuckles in outfits from across the globe. The owners of the featured art each won a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.
|This article or section about a TV and comics information is a stub. |
You can help the Sonic News Network by expanding it!