Sonic the Comic
- Editor: Andy Diggle
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing Manager: Douglas Pocock
- Promotion buyer: Michelle Brown
- Marketing Director: Rob McMenemy
- Managing Director: Julie Goldsmith
- Advertising: Steve Goldsmith
Sonic the Hedgehog - "Prisoner of War!"
Transported to the ancient past by Tikal, Sonic watches from atop a cliff as Knuckles leads an army of Echidnas into battle against a lone Drakon Prosecutor. Ensured that he will be told why he has been brought there in due time, Sonic tries to offer advice to the Echidnas, but his shouts go unnoticed as they struggle against the Prosecutor, who is easily holding his own. Sonic steps in to help out and goes straight for the Prosecutor's head while verbally sparring with Knuckles. Eventually, Sonic is able to rip the Prosecutor's helmet off, revealing the Drakon's true form to the stunned Echidnas. Meanwhile, back in the present, Dr. Robotnik has moved to his mountain retreat with Grimer in tow. With his Chaos Resonator device, he has obtained the Master Emerald and the four remaining Chaos Emeralds, and is now anticipating the Chaos creature's eventual arrival. Back in the past, Sonic and the Echidnas have returned to the Echidnas' capital, Megopolis City, where the irate Prosecutor is being kept secure in a fountain. Sonic and Knuckles ponder on how Knuckles is still alive in the present day, before Tikal takes Sonic to meet her father, Pochacamac, the Echidnas' spiritual leader. Pochacamac promises that Sonic's questions will be answered, but he has something to show Sonic first: The Chaos Emeralds, which the Echidnas have stolen from the Drakons...
- Dr. Ivo Robotnik
- Knuckles the Echidna
- Pochacamac (First appearance)
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Knuckles - "Total Chaotix, Part 2" (Sonic the Comic #54)
- Tails - "Shock Tactics!" (Sonic the Comic #81)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - "The Brotherhood of Metallix, Part 1" (Sonic the Comic #59)
- Data Zone: The Data Zone acts as a quick reference guide to new readers about the characters. This issue provides data files on Sonic, Tikal, Knuckles, Dr. Robotnik and Chaos.
- Graphic Zone: The Graphic Zone features fan art from readers of the comics. This issue's theme is Manic Mix-Ups!, with several Sonic the Comic characters getting mixed into single pictures. Owners of the published pictures received a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.
- A competition to win a Dreamcast.