Sonic the Comic
- Editor: Deborah Tate
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing Manager: Douglas Pocock
- Promotions: Debbie Plummer, Jane Ballard
- Publisher: Rob McMenemy
- Managing director: Julie Goldsmith
Still on the run on Shanazar, Sonic makes plans to lay low in a small town, but a massive earthquake begins as soon as he arrives. After saving a few people from falling rubble and the cracks in the ground, Sonic is hailed as a hero. One of the bystanders observes that the local sorcerer, Mephistor, could make a fortune bottling Sonic's speed. When Mephistor is rebuffed by Sonic, recognizing a threat when he sees one, the sorcerer hits the hedgehog with a spell, draining his powers into a bottle. Mephistor reveals his plan to sell Sonic's powers to the highest bidder, and sets his notably camp demon henchmen on him.
Unable to fight properly, Sonic uses his wits against the henchmen, nudging them into turning on Mephistor, who won't share the profits with them. The demons transform and launch an attack, and Mephistor decides to try and use Sonic's powers on himself. Before he can, another quake hits the town and the bottle goes flying. Sonic reabsorbs his powers and rescues Mephistor. Before the sorcerer can try another spell, Sonic ties him up in his own robe and swiftly leaves town, after the demons decide to try going into their own business.
- Tails - "The Morbidden Hunt, Part 4" (Sonic the Comic #31)
- Tails - "Hero of Mobius" (Sonic the Comic #42)
- Sonic the Hedgehog - "Metamorphia" (Sonic the Comic #30)
- Graphic Zone: The Graphic Zone features fan art from readers of the comics. The theme of this issue is Fast Food, with Sonic, Tekno the Canary and the Chaotix Crew enjoying a snack (or being one). Winners of published pictures received a Sonic the Hedgehog watch.
- Ambrosia Splatpack competition
- The cover art for this issue was originally a pin-up poster released in Sonic the Poster Mag #3.