Sonic the Comic
- Editor: Deborah Tate
- Designer: Gary Knight
- Managing Editor: Steve MacManus
- Production: Sarah Colley
- Marketing Manager: Douglas Pocock
- Promotions: Debbie Plummer / Jane Ballard
- Managing Director: Julie Goldsmith
Sonic - "Roots, Part 4"
Sonic faces his mind-controlled friends the Chaotix Crew, as well as their allies Blockhead Bill and Society Max. Making light work of them, Sonic squares up to Root, discovering his powerful appearance doesn't accurately represent the villain's true identity.
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Blockhead Bill
- Society Max
- Morton (Only appearance)
- Root's mud minions
- The title of this story says that this is the third part of "Roots". It is actually the fourth part.
Knuckles - "The Take-Over, Part 4"
The intruders, Ms Alpha, Mr Beta, Mr Delta and Mr Gamma, face off with Knuckles one final time. With the echidna seemingly beaten, it's left to Porker Lewis and the Guardian Robots to deal with the threat.
- The thieves reveal that they are not here to steal the Chaos Emeralds, as Knuckles has believed until this point.
- Knuckles mentions the D.R.A.T. agents who were trapped in a caged in Sonic the Comic #135, "The Take-Over, Part 1".
- This was the last original Knuckles story in Sonic the Comic's print run.
Tails - "Doctor Genius"
Doctor Genius, who is called "the greatest criminal mind ever", tells of how he committed the crime of the century.
Starting months earlier, Genius had always been envious of heroes like Tails. He kicked in his own TV when the news reported that Sonic had saved the day, and when he heard two people talking about how "No mad scientists stand a chance with Tails around!" he decided to prove them wrong (being himself both mad and a scientist). As such, Genius set to work on a device that would make him "untouchable".
Later, while Tails was patrolling, he sees Doctor Genius in a mechanical harness. Genius announces that he will rob the bank, and that Tails can't stop him. It seems true, because when Tails attacks he bounces off Doctor Genius' force field. The force field repels anything. Even the walls of the bank crumble when they touch it, and the bullets fired by the bank's security guard just ricochet away.
Tails tells the guard to stop firing, but says that he suspects the Doctor Genius' plan is about to fall flat. Sure enough, when Doctor Genius enters the bank vault he finds that he can't pick up the money because of the force field. He turns the gadget off for a moment, which is long enough for Tails to leap in and knock him out.
Concluding his story (now revealed to be in prison), Genius suspects that they were being sarcastic when they called him "the greatest criminal mind ever".
- Miles "Tails" Prower
- Doctor Genius (Only appearance)
- Bank Guard (Only appearance)
- Rabbit in green skirt
- Dog in red dress
- Sydney Bland (Mentioned)
- The two civilians discuss Tails' victory over Sydney Bland (spelled "Sidney Bland" in this issue). Tails fought Bland in Sonic the Comic #135, "The Sky's the Limit".
- This story was reprinted in Sonic the Comic #168.
- Sonic the Hedgehog - "Pirates of the Mystic Cave" (Sonic the Comic #23)
- Control Zone
- Graphic Zone - Medical Moments