In this game, the player plays as Sonic the Hedgehog in the card game Sevens, which is known as 7並べ (7 Narabe?) in Japan. The game is played against Tails, Knuckles, and Amy. High scores are able to be uploaded to a server for a national scores table.
Sonic no 7 Narabe features multiple game modes, including:
- Official match (公式戦 Kōshikisen?): Main game mode, can be played up to three times per day with the player's score being uploaded to the online leaderboards.
- Practice match (練習試合 Renshū shiai?): This is the same as the Official matches, just without the daily limit or upload score prompt.
- Results (成績 Seiseki?): Displays the online leaderboards for the game.
- Option (オプション Opushon?): Displays a tutorial on how to play the game, along with allows the player to customize the appearance of the game. Options include:
- SONIC CAFE (Japanese). Sonic Cafe. Sega. Archived from the original on 3 July 2006. Retrieved on 30 December 2021.
- 新着情報 (Japanese). Sega (14 March 2007). Archived from the original on 24 November 2006. Retrieved on 30 December 2021.
- ソニックの７ならべ (Japanese). Sonic Cafe. Sega. Archived from the original on 15 February 2009.
- 動画投稿をする人【仮】 (14 December 2020). 【ガラケー】 ソニックの7ならべ プレイ動画 【iアプリ】. YouTube.