This is the script to the Sonic and the Black Knight story mode.
[Scene starts out with a crow flying away, and there is a hooded girl running away. Suddenly the Black Knight goes flying to the sky in his horse and takes out his sword, Deathcalibur, creating a dark slash of energy which spawns several Knights of the Underworld minions who surround her. She bangs her staff on the ground and begins her incantation.]
- Merlina: Ifaras zaras yezaras... Ifaris zaris yezarik... O brave knight, swift as the wind! Heed my call!
[A portal opens and Sonic comes falling down along with two chili dogs.]
- Sonic: Woaaaaaaaaahhhhhh!!! [Faceplants on the ground and quickly goes to catch his chili dogs.] Hey... Where am I?
- Merlina: Being from a distant world! [Starts to get closer to Sonic and takes off her hood.] Forgive my abrupt summons!
- Sonic: [Starts to look around and eats one chili dog] Oh, I get it. No problem! I'm used to stuff like this!
[Sonic tosses his last chili dog into the air and rushes towards the minions and quickly takes them out and catches his last chili dog. A long pause occurs as Sonic casually spins his last chili dog in his hand and Sonic is about to charge at the Black Knight.]
- Merlina: No, you mustn't!
[Merlina pulls Sonic back, and they both fall backwards. She then makes a small twister around them and Sonic sees his chili dog fly away.]
- Sonic: Nooooooooo!
- Black Knight: I shall give chase. Spread out and go after them. Slay them on sight.
[The three knights nod. The Black Knight flies away and all three gets up]
- Percival: Let's go.
- Gawain: Must we? She is the Royal Wizard after all!
- Lancelot: The King's orders are absolute, Gawain.
- Gawain: Yes, but...!
- Percival: Without loyalty to the King, we are nothing.
[Lancelot nods then walks away]
- Percival: Still, the King... He has changed. And this kingdom...
[Gawain and Percival walk away.]
- Sonic: Why'd you stop me? I could've taken him down, no problem!
- Merlina: You do not understand. He cannot be wounded.
- Sonic: How can that be?
- Merlina: He bears the scabbard of Excalibur.
- Sonic: Hey, wait a second... I think I've heard that name before. Ummm... Lemme see...
- Merlina: Excalibur is King Arthur's sword.
- Sonic: Oh, yeah, right! So that means...
- Merlina: This is the land ruled by King Arthur.
- Sonic: Whoa! But was that really the King himself? I mean, he seemed way different in the stories.
- Merlina: Let us go. [Puts on her hood and grab it] We can talk along the way. Let me introduce myself. I am Merlina the Wizard.
- Sonic: I'm Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog.
- Merlina: He was once a wise and just ruler. He was blessed with noble knights and praised by all. However...
- Sonic: ...he got a little sidetracked?
- Merlina: Yes. Nimue, the Lady of the Lake, gave him Excalibur. He was bewitched by the power of immortality its scabbard bestowed. He became immortal, summoning legions from the underworld. He is plunging his kingdom into a world of horror and chaos.
- Sonic: You mean like big ol' haunted house? Ha ha! This'll be cool! It'll be like Halloween all year long!
- Merlina: Maybe so, but I fear there will be nobody left to enjoy it. We must act now.
- Sonic: You mean take out King Arthur? What about the immortal thing?
- Merlina: Beyond this misty lake sleeps a sacred sword. With that sword--
- Sonic: Yeah yeah, I'll go get it. Be back in a flash!
- Merlina: Wait! Sonic! [Puts a gaunlet on his hand]
- Sonic: *Whistles*
- Merlina: Good luck.
The Sacred Sword Caliburn
- Sonic: This must be it.
- Merlina: Are you ready?
- Sonic: Ready for what?
- Merlina: If you remove that sword and defeat King Arthur with it... You shall forever be the worst of knights, slayer of kings...
- Sonic: Guess I can't be the hero every time. [Pulls sword] Ha! The scared sword...
- Merlina: It goes by the name Caliburn.
- Sonic: It's kinda sorry looking.
- Caliburn: Fool!
- Sonic: Woah!
- Caliburn: You are the chosen one!? You are but a squire!
- Sonic: Oh yeah!? Says you!
- Merlina: The sword has a mind of its own. It selects its bearer.
- Sonic: Yeah, well it's got pretty smart mouth on it for a sword.
- Caliburn: Hmph! The impertinent one is you, knave! Brace yourself, for I shall train you until you are worthy!
[King Arthur appears]
- Sonic: All right professor! Work your magic!
Search for the Lady of the Lake
- Sonic: This could go on forever. You sure you're a sacred sword?
- Caliburn: It is you, sir, who lacks the proper fighting skills.
- Arthur: Bah! A fool of a knight not even worth slaying.
- Caliburn: Do you see? He thinks so, too!
- Sonic: Well, it's your fault! You're a sad excuse for a teacher!
[King Arthur flies away]
- Merlina: For as long as he bears that scabbard... We may never be able to defeat King Arthur.
- Sonic: So what're we gonna do?
- Caliburn: We must ask the scabbard's former owner how to hinder its power.
- Sonic: And who would that be?
- Merlina: Nimue, the Lady of the Lake. The one I mentioned earlier.
- Sonic: What are we waiting for? Let's go pay her a little visit.
- Caliburn: I fear it may not be as simple as that.
- Sonic: Whadya mean?
- Caliburn: You shall see for yourself. Onward, my young knave.
- Sonic: Stop calling me "knave!" I'm Sonic the Hedgehog!
- Caliburn: Very well then, I shall call you Knave the Hedgehog.
- Sonic: Whatever you oversized letter opener.
To the Blacksmith
- Caliburn: Hmmm... I suppose something must be done about this.
- Sonic: What're you talking about?
- Caliburn: My edge has grown blunt. Being in that rock for so long has taken its toll.
- Sonic: Heh! Not the sharpest tool in the shed, huh?
- Caliburn: That's because a gentleman shouldn't have such an edge.
- Sonic: Gentleman? Who are you calling "gentleman"?
- Caliburn: Seek out the blacksmith in the castle town. I must be presentable when we meet the Lady of the Lake.
- Sonic: What're you gonna do, Merlina? Merlina? Hello...?
- Merlina: [Picks up a flower] Why do flowers bloom, knowing they are destined to wither?
- Sonic: Huh?
- Merlina: *Sighs* Their time of beauty is so short-lived. Forgive me, Sonic, but I would be recognized in town. I shall remain behind, in hiding.
- Sonic: All right. Then I guess it's so long for now.
- Merlina: Yes. May your journey be safe.
I'm the Blacksmith
- Sonic: Hey! Tails!? Nah, it can't be... This is the smithy, right?
- Blacksmith: It sure is! Welcome, sir knight!
- Caliburn: He is no knight. At least not yet.
- Sonic: Says you.
- Blacksmith: What a magnificent sword! I've never seen one that talks before!
- Sonic: Oh, it talks all right...
[They go inside]
- Blacksmith: I know a fine blade when I see it! I am a blacksmith, after all!
- Sonic: Great. Think you could you sharpen this dull piece of rust?
- Caliburn: Fool! It is you who is dull!
- Blacksmith: Of course I could! Now, what's the sword's name?
- Caliburn: Caliburn.
- Blacksmith: Hm? Caliburn? Where have I heard that name before?
- Sonic: Sorry, but could you speed it up a bit? We're kinda in a hurry.
- Blacksmith: Sure! Leave it to me!
Sir Lancelot Appears
- Lancelot: I have found you, apprentice knight, enemy of my King!
- Sonic: Who the heck are you? Shadow...?
- Lancelot: I am Lancelot, Knight of the Round Table. I challenge you to a duel!
- Sonic: Some things never change...
- Caliburn: What do you mean by that?
- Sonic: Aw, nothing. It's just that he looks like trouble.
- Lancelot: What shall it be? Will you abandon your sword and flee?
- Sonic: Sounds good to me!
- Caliburn: Fool! A knight never flees a foe!
- Lancelot: May I have your name, apprentice knight?
- Caliburn: He is Knave the Hedgehog, and he accepts your challenge!
- Sonic: Hey, wait just a second here!
- Lancelot: Very well, then! Brace yourself, Knave the Hedgehog!
Lady of the Lake
- Sonic: Wow... So he was one of the Knights of the Round Table?
- Caliburn: The mightiest of all and the closest to King Arthur. It was mere luck that enabled you to defeat him.
- Sonic: If you say so...
- Caliburn: But why did you not deal him the final blow?
- Sonic: Huh?
- Caliburn: Such sympathy is an insult to a knight.
- Sonic: Aw, what's the big deal? Besides, I got this, didn't I?
- Caliburn: That is Arondight, one of the sacred swords of this land. Take good care of it.
- Sonic: No problem.
- Caliburn: We're here.
- Nimue: I've been waiting for you, knight from another world.
- Sonic: Whoa! [Starts to run away]
- Caliburn: Fool! Where are you going!?
- Sonic: But that's...!!
- Caliburn: You are being rude to the Lady of the Lake! Bow your head!
- Nimue: I think I know why you are here. It's about Excalibur isn't it?
- Sonic: [Grabs her behind her head to her shoulder] Yeah, that's right! You don't waste any time, lady!
- Caliburn: Show some respect!
[Sonic backs off]
- Nimue: I'll tell you how to hinder the scabbard's power of immortality. I'm the one who gave it to him, so it's kinda my fault, see? But still...
- Sonic: Still what?
- Nimue: Whoever defeats King Arthur and takes his scabbard... Might end up turning out the same way, right?
- Caliburn: I see...
- Nimue: So I have three tests for you. Would you like to hear them?
- Sonic: Sure, fire away.
- Nimue: First, free the innocents from King Arthur's dungeon. Second, offer compassion to those in need. Third, defeat King Arthur's knights of the underworld. You have three days... Good luck... [Disappears]
- Sonic: I get it. She's only gonna to tell the secret to a true knight.
- Caliburn: Are you up to the task? This will not be easy.
- Sonic: Heh! I'm the world's fastest hedgehog! Check it out! You'll be calling me "Sir" before you know it!
A Knight's Law
- Caliburn: It's close, but it seems you somehow made it.
- Sonic: Too easy! Piece of cake.
- Caliburn: Do not let it go to your head, fool!
- Caliburn: What's wrong?
- Kid: Waaaaaahhh! [Cries]
- Sonic: Hey! What's the matter? Are you lost or something?
- Kid: A great big dragon attacked my village.
- Sonic: A dragon!?
- Kid: It took my Mommy and my Daddy and everybody away... Waaaaaahhh! [Cries]
- Sonic: You know where the dragon is, kid?
- Kid: It's in the big cave at the bottom of that mountain.
- Sonic: All right, I'm on it.
- Caliburn: Wait! Don't tell me you're going off to slay a dragon now!
- Sonic: Yes, we are!
- Caliburn: What of the Lady's tests!? You will never make it in time!
- Sonic: Yeah, maybe, but... I play by my own rules. Remember that.
- Caliburn: You fool...
- Sonic: Hang in there, kiddo! I'll get your folks back!
Sir Gawain Appears
- Sonic: I don't suppose you're gonna let me by? Heh! You look just like this knucklehead I know!
- Gawain: Ho! You dare mock Sir Gawain, knight of the Round Table!? An act most unwise, my friend!
- Sonic: Wait, wait! I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. I was heading to a cave to save some people from a dragon.
- Gawain: Bah! You cannot fool me with your lies! No doubt you're after the dragon's treasure!
- Sonic: Oh, man... You sound just like that knucklehead, too!
- Gawain: You have defied King Arthur. This place shall be your grave!
- Gawain: To lose to a mere apprentice... I have been disgraced! [Gawain points one of Galatine's swords to himself.] Only death can remove this stain upon my honor.
[Sonic takes the sword away.]
- Sonic: Gimme a break! What's up with all this drama?!
- Gawain: Silence! Silence, I say! A Knight who fails their king is unfit to live!
- Sonic: Isn't there more to being a knight than just serving a king?
- Gawain: Huh!?
- Sonic: I'm outta here. People to save, ya know?
- Caliburn: The appointed time has passed.
- Sonic: Yeah, don't remind me.
[Sonic and Caliburn see the kid again.]
- Sonic: You've been waiting here the whole time? Sorry about that! Good news, everyone's safe.
- Kid: Thank you. And sorry about tricking you.
- Sonic: Huh?
[The kid turns into Nimue.]
- Nimue: You have shown courage, strength, and compassion.
- Sonic: Huh? Then...
- Nimue: I shall show you how to blunt the power of Excalibur. Cause you're a true knight!
- Sonic: Yes!
[Scene changes with Sonic, Caliburn and Nimue back at the lake.]
- Sonic: I see. [Pulls out Arondight and one of Galatine's swords] So I have to defeat the Knights of the Round Table and collect the sacred swords?
- Nimue: Yes. The three sacred swords combined with your Caliburn, should dispel the power of immortality that protects him.
- Sonic: Sounds like walk in the park!
- Caliburn: We'll see about that.
- Sonic: Hey, c'mon! Isn't about time you gave me a little credit?
- Caliburn: The remaining knight, Percival, is the Knight of the Grail. She's as strong as she is noble. One mistake could be your last.
- Sonic: Don't worry! I've got one of the great sacred swords!
- Caliburn: Of-Of course! It's about time you figured that out.
- Sonic: I'm gonna make this look easy. She won't know what hit her! I've gotten pretty used to you too.
- Caliburn: That is exactly what I told you not to do!
[Sonic and Caliburn leave the lake.]
- Nimue: Fare thee well brave knight, chosen one of Caliburn...
Sir Percival Appears
- Percival: I am Percival, Knight of the Round Table, servant of King Arthur. State your name and your master, sir!
- Sonic: I'm Sonic! Sonic the Hedgehog! I have no master except the wind that blows free!
- Percival: Very well, Sonic, Knight of the Wind! Prepare... for battle!
- Sonic: Bring it on!
- Percival: Well done, Sir Sonic.
[Percival backs away towards the edge of the cliff, and falls off due to the cliff crumbling.]
- Sonic: Percival! [Catches her and inserts Caliburn into the cliff face, halting their fall.] Yikes! Whew... That was close.
- Percival: Why... Why did you--
- Sonic: I guess you could say that whim is my other master.
- Caliburn: Save the hugs and kisses for later.
- Sonic: What? You jealous or something?
- Caliburn: For a knave such as you!? R-Ridiculous.
- Sonic: Enough of that "knave" stuff already!
- Caliburn: Hm. Actually...
- Sonic: Yes...?
- Caliburn: Sonic the Hedgehog... You have mastered the code of chivalry. From this day forth, you shall be Sir Sonic, Knight of the Wind.
- Sonic: Heh heh!
Head to Avalon
[Merlina appears out of a small tornado.]
- Sonic: Merlina!
- Merlina: I saw all that transpired in my reflecting pool. I have no words to thank you for all you have done.
- Sonic: Yeah, but it's not over yet!
- Caliburn: Sir Sonic is right. We must still defeat King Arthur.
- Merlina: The King is on an island known as Avalon. You have become a fine knight.
- Sonic: Aw, cut it out. Anyways, I guess I'll go end this thing, then.
- Merlina: Good luck, Sir Sonic! I'll await you at Castle Camelot.
Showdown with King Arthur
- Sonic: I'm Sonic the Hedgehog, Knight of the Wind! Let's settle things once and for all, King Arthur!
- Arthur: It seems your impersonation of a knight has improved somewhat.
- Sonic: I have you to thank for that.
- Arthur: Then let us have a another look at that unsightly swordsmanship.
- Sonic: You're going to be sorry you asked. This is it, old pal...
- Caliburn: Indeed. Give it everything you have. Only then will you prevail.
- Sonic: Then bring it on, King Arthur!
Glory of Victory
- Arthur: Heh heh heh... I am immortal. You cannot defeat me!
- Caliburn: Now, Sonic! The three sacred swords!
- Sonic: Got it!
[Sonic forms a triangle with the three sacred swords surrounding King Arthur.]
- Arthur: How can this be!?
- Sonic: Raaaaaah!
[Sonic slashes King Arthur and he falls down]
- Arthur: Noooooo!
- Sonic: [Holds up Caliburn in triumph.] Yes! I did it!
[Caliburn shines. Credits roll]
The New Reign
[Sonic still holds up Caliburn. King Arthur dissolves into dark matter. Excalibur's scabbard is left behind.]
- Sonic: What the--?!
[Percival, Gawain, and Lancelot arrived and surrounded Merlina at Castle Camelot]
- Lancelot: We have orders from the King. Have you any last words?
- Merlina: Your King was nothing more than an illusion my grandfather conjured up.
- Percival: You'd better start explaining, Merlina.
- Sonic: Merlina!
[Sonic drops from the sky]
- Gawain: You! How did you come by that scabbard? Where is the King!?
- Percival: [Holds back Gawain] Wait.
- Sonic: This was all he left after he disappeared in a puff of smoke. Just like one of the Knights of the Underworld...
- Merlina: There was never any King Arthur.
- Sonic: Huh?
- Merlina: Well done and thank you, Sonic. [Takes scabbard] With this scabbard I can erase my grandfather's greatest mistake... [Her hair turns longer]
- Sonic: What?
- Merlina: I shall make this kingdom eternal... [Blast of energy occurs]
- Caliburn: Sonic, get back!
[A vortex with black lightning appears above Avalaon, and all four knights escape the crumbling Castle Camelot. Sonic leads, Lancelot is skating behind him, Gawain is running, and Percival is hopping.]
[All watching from away]
- Lancelot: So, it was all part of Merlina's plot...
- Percival: It keeps spreading...
- Lancelot: It's only a matter of time before the kingdom is consumed.
- Gawain: Gah! The Knights of the Round Table... Must we simply stand and watch our kingdom's ruin!?
- Percival: Gawain...
- Sonic: What, are you gonna give up, just like that? Is that the best that chivalry of yours can do?
- Gawain: How dare you!
- Sonic: Listen. It's like I said before... Isn't there more to being a knight than serving a king?
[Nimue appears from a reflecting pool on the ground]
- Nimue: Sir Sonic is right. And there's still time if you act now.
[The reflecting pool shows a map with four blinking dots]
- Nimue: Use the sacred swords to form a barrier around the castle.
[Sonic throws their three swords to the ground. Percival, Gawain, and Lancelot pick up their swords]
- Percival: For the kingdom and its people!
[Raise all three swords]
- Lancelot and Gawain: For the kingdom and its people!
- Sonic: I'm counting on ya!
- Percival: Sir Sonic! What will you do!?
- Sonic: Once the barrier's up, I'll look for a chance to jump in.
- Percival: Surely you jest!?
- Sonic: Nah... It's just how I roll.
- Percival: Fare thee well. We, too, shall fulfill our appointed task.
[Lancelot arrives at a stone pillar]
- Lancelot: This must be a barrier stone. Hah!
[Smashes sword into the stone. The stone wall depicts some sort of writing.]
- Lancelot: "This stone is but part of the ring that sealeth the Dark Hollow." Dark Hollow? What is Merlina up to now?
[Gawain arrives at a stone pillar]
- Gawain: Here it is. Yahhh!
[Smashes swords into the stone. The stone wall depicts some sort of writing.]
- Gawain: "When the sacred sword pierces stone, so shall return the power." What of Excalibur, greatest of all the sacred swords? The King wore its scabbard, but I never saw the sword itself...
[Percival arrives at a stone pillar]
- Percival: This must be it. Hah!
[Smashes sword into the stone. The stone wall depicts some sort of writing.]
- Percival: Our fate is now in your hands, Sir Sonic...
Into the Dark Hollow
[Sonic arrives at a stone pillar]
- Sonic: This must be it. Hah!
[Smashes Caliburn into the stone. The stone wall depicts some sort of writing]
- Caliburn: Now, Sonic!
- Sonic: Here goes!
[Nimue is watching the map with the barrier up in the reflecting pool, and the Dark Hollow spreading ]
- Nimue: Oh, no! The barrier is too weak!
- Sonic: Now's the time.
- Caliburn: Indeed.
- Sonic: Here we go!! [Runs toward the Hollow.]
Queen of the Underworld
[Merlina, now transformed as the Dark Queen, is sitting on a throne.]
- Dark Queen: I've been expecting you.
- Sonic: Just one question before we settle this. Why'd you do it? Weren't we trying to save this kingdom from the underworld?
- Dark Queen: This kingdom will fail one way or another. Such is its fate.
- Sonic: Huh?
- Dark Queen: Do you know what is to become of this kingdom?
- Sonic: Beats me.
[The Dark Queen starts to walk forward]
- Dark Queen: Lancelot and Gawain's rift shall doom the Round Table. Arthur is struck down by his son Mordred, and departs for Avalon.
- Sonic: ...
- Dark Queen: This was to be our ideal world. But it will not last... King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table will end in ruin. The King Arthur my grandfather Merlin created led to nothing but mistakes... But I can succeed with the power of the scabbard. Creating a kingdom that never ends. [Uses a small portal to summon a flower.]
[A flashback of the "To the Blacksmith" scene with Merlina picking up the same flower. Sonic finally realizes what her plans are.]
- Sonic: What good is a world that goes on forever!?
- Dark Queen: My sorrow at its ruin runs deeper than the depths of the underworld. Do you not understand?
- Sonic: No! And I don't want to!
[Charges at the Dark Queen but she uses a force field to repel Sonic.]
- Dark Queen: Your efforts are futile.
- Sonic: Raaaaaahhh!!!
[Sonic charges at the Dark Queen again but with a series of rapid slashes, he is repelled once again.]
- Sonic: No way!
[The Dark Queen's shadow manifests in the shape of King Arthur with many tentacles behind her. The creature will tries to hit Sonic with one of its tentacles.]
- Caliburn: Sonic! [Raises Sonic's hand and guards him]
- Sonic: Caliburn!
- Caliburn: You fool! A knight must always be on his guard!
[The Dark Queen commands her shadow and slashes Caliburn in half]
- Caliburn: No!
- Sonic: Noooooooooo!!!
[Charges at the Dark Queen, but is hit. Charges once again and is hit back]
- Dark Queen: It is time to end this. [The Dark Queen's shadow extends its tentacles longer.]
- Sonic: Aaaaaaaaahhh!!!
[Sonic is rapidly thrashed by the shadow. Nimue, Percival, Lancelot, and Gawian are watching form a reflecting pool above.]
- Percival: Sir Sonic! You've done enough!
[Sonic grabs Caliburn and gets back up.]
- Lancelot: No, Sonic! There is no point in continuing!
- Sonic: A knight... never... flees... his foe, right?
[The Dark Queen controls the shadow and hits Sonic once again. Sonic falls.]
- Sonic: Aaaaaaaaahhh!!!
- Gawain: You fool! This no longer has anything to do with chivalry! Get out of there! Run!
[Sonic gets back up]
- Sonic: It was never about chivalry for me... I just gotta do what I've gotta do, that's all.
- Lancelot, Gawain and Percival: Sonic!
[A golden light appears from the reflecting pool.]
- Nimue: The long-lost light of the sacred sword! Quick, your swords!
[Lancelot, Gawain and Percival throw their sacred swords in the light. The light travels to Sonic.]
Transform into Excalibur Sonic
[Sonic gains a golden armor and a red cape. Caliburn is restored in the form of Excalibur. Upon finishing the transformation, Excalibur releases a burst of light energy.]
- Excalibur Sonic: Whoa...
- Nimue: That's the greatest of the sacred swords, Excalibur!
- Excalibur Sonic: Heh! Let's do this!!
[Sonic starts to get closer to Merlina.]
- Sonic: Merlina... Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but... [Takes a flower] That's why we gotta live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least, that's what I figure. [Gives the flower to her]
- Merlina: [Holds flower close] Grandfather...
[Caliburn, Nimue, Percival, Gawain, and Lancelot get closer.]
- Percival: Well done, Sir Sonic.
- Sonic: Thanks to you guys.
- Caliburn: You can say that again.
- Gawain: To think... King Arthur was but an illusion!
- Lancelot: The Knights of the Round Table must now disband.
- Caliburn: What foolishness is this?
- Nimue: I'll say.
- Percival: Hm? What are you saying, then?
- Caliburn: Have you forgotten who I am? I am the sacred sword Caliburn! I am the one who decides who is worthy of the crown! So then...
[Lancelot, Gawain and Percival stare shockingly at Sonic. Nimue smiles at Sonic]
- Gawain: You...?
- Lancelot, Gawain and Percival: You are the one and true King Arthur!?
- Sonic: Who, me?
[All three knight bow down to him]
- Sonic: Huh? Hey, cut that out!
[Credits roll again]
[Begin flashback to various points in the game. Amy and Sonic are off-screen in this scene.]
- Sonic: ...So yeah, that's what happened. To think I was called in to be part of the Tale of King Arthur... But I gotta tell ya, it was no picnic.
- Amy: Aren't you forgetting something?
- Sonic: What, all the action? All the excitement down to the wire?
- Amy: Hmph...
- Sonic: But man! Who'd have thought I was the real King Arthur? Heh.
- Amy: That's the lamest excuse ever! You just forgot about our date!
- Sonic: No, no! It's true, I tell ya! Yikes! No Amy, wait! Put down that hammer!
- Amy: Hey! You get back here, Sonic! SO...... NIC......!!!
[Book closes. "King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table" changes to "Sonic and the Black Knight"]