Sonic Universe Volume 3: Knuckles Returns is the third volume in the Sonic Universe Graphic Novel series. This volume contains reprints of stories from the "Knuckles: The Return" story arc from Sonic Universe #9-#12 and additionally Sonic the Hedgehog #186.
- Sonic Universe is the hit spin-off series to Archie Comics' wildly successful Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series! Explore the characters, worlds and dimensions of Sonic's universe!
- Knuckles the Echidna is hot on the trail of his arch-nemesis, Dr. Finitevus. What he finds, however, is an ever-deepening mystery! But before he can investigate further, the newest Dark Egg Legion chapter attacks! To save Angel Island, Knuckles must team up with the Downunda Freedom Fighters--as well as Dr. Finitevus?! New faces, new twists and surprises abound, and you cannot miss the thunderous showdown at the end!
- Knuckles Returns collects Sonic Universe #9-12.
Echoes of the Past Part One
Echoes of the Past Part Two
Echoes of the Past Part Three
Echoes of the Past Part Four
- Afterword by Ian Flynn
- Sketch Covers: A section featuring the cover process for Sonic Universe #11 and Sonic Universe #12.
- Concept Art: Concept artworks of Thrash the Tasmanian Devil, Grandmaster Bill, Wing Dingo and D.E.L. - Platypus.
- The front cover artwork for this volume is the same as the one for Sonic Universe #9.
- This is the first and only volume in the Sonic Universe Graphic Novel series to have an extended title different from the name of the story arc that is printed, which is "Knuckles Returns" instead of "Knuckles: the Return".
- The "Afterword of Ian Flynn" gives the first official confirmation of the "Endangered Species" story arc which would be printed a few months later in Sonic the Hedgehog #243-#246.