Sonic Tennis DX (ソニックテニスDX Sonikku Tenisu DX?) is a mobile phone game released as a part of the Puyo Puyo! Sega service offered by Sega. It is an updated version of the Sonic Cafe game, Sonic Tennis.
Sonic Tennis DX features simple tennis gameplay, in which the player must hit the ball back and forth with the computer controlled opponent. In gameplay, each playable character has their own special skills and abilities. These skills are activated by accumulating power by keeping the rally in action.
There are two modes that are available in Sonic Tennis DX, with very different gameplay between the two:
- Autorun (オートラン ōto ran?): The character follows the ball on their own, therefore all the player has to do is swing.
- Manual (マニュアル manyuaru?): The player is in control of both movement and swinging.
|[↑]/[↓]/[←]/[→] // ///||Move|
|Right softkey||Special shot|
(when special gauge is full)
|[Enter] while serving||Aim straight|
|Left softkey/ while serving||Aim left|
|Right softkey/ while serving||Aim right|
|Sonic the Hedgehog||★★★★★||★★★☆☆||★★★☆☆||Speed Shot (スピードショット Supīdo Shotto?)|
|Miles "Tails" Prower||★★★☆☆||★★★☆☆||★★★★★||Trick Ball (トリックボール Torikku Bōru?)|
|Knuckles the Echidna||??||??||??||Power Cannon (パワーキャノン Pawā Kyanon?)|
|Amy Rose||??||??||??||Lovely Strike (ラブリーストライク Raburī Sutoraiku?)|
|Dr. Eggman||★★☆☆☆||★★★★☆||★★★★★||Triple Egg (トリプルエッグ Toripuru Eggu?)|
|Shadow the Hedgehog||??||??||??||Chaos Arrow (カオスアロー Kaosu Arō?)|
- Secret Forest (シークレットフォレスト Shīkuretto Foresuto?)
- Sonic Stadium (ソニックスタジアム Sonikku Sutajiamu?)
Sonic Tennis DX features multiple different modes of gameplay, including:
- Eggman Battle Mode (エッグマンバトルモード Egguman Batoru Mōdo?): The player has to defeat one of Dr. Eggman's robots, the Eggman Robo (エッグマンロボ Eggumanrobo?).
There is also a ranking system, which allows players to compete for the highest score possible.