Sonic Saga Series Volume 3: Eggman Empire is the third volume in the Sonic Saga Series graphic novel series published by Archie Comics. It contains reprints of stories from Sonic the Hedgehog #173-#176 and Sonic the Hedgehog #160-#161 detailing the "Eggman Empire" arc, with additional stories from the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series.
- The Sonic universe is rocked to the core when the evil Dr. Eggman launches a devastating full-on assault against the village of Knothole, leaving Sonic's home a smoldering pile of ashes in his wake. Using treacherous new technology, he captures most of the Freedom Fighters and leaves them trapped in the nefarious "egg grapes." It's up to Sonic to lead the counter-attack against Eggman and save his friends before it's too late. This arc also features the debut of the most important Sonic the Hedgehog location in the modern era--New Mobotropolis!
- Eggman Empire is the third volume of the Sonic Saga series, chronologically collecting the contemporary Sonic the Hedgehog story arcs in full-comic book size, full-color graphic novel form for the very first time.
- Eggman Empire collects issues #173-176 of the Sonic the Hedgehog comic book series.
See Ya Later Chao!
Cracking the Empire
- Data Files: This section features data files compiling the following characters and settings in the Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog series:
- This marks the only Sonic Saga Series trade-paperback to include a milestone issue, that being Sonic the Hedgehog #175.
- The main cover artwork for this volume is the same as that on the main cover of Sonic the Hedgehog #175.
- The cover artwork for Sonic the Hedgehog #174 uses the version depicting Antoine and Bunnie kissing at the altar in the center, removing the giant heart-shaped question mark that covered them on the original version.