- Knuckles: I've looked all over for the Master Emerald, but I still can't find it. Argh! Where in the world could it be? Could Eggman have taken it?
- Rouge: Well, don't look at me, big boy.
- Knuckles: Wha-? Rouge! Do you know who stole the Master Emerald?
- Rouge: No, but I can help you look.
- Knuckles: I don't need your help... Besides, why would you help me unless there was something in it for you?
- Rouge: Actually, there are other "Emeralds" I'd like to find and I could use a little help.
- Knuckles: I knew it.
- Rouge: But I can lead you to the Doctor!
- Knuckles: Okay, guess I don't have a choice do I?
- Rouge: Exactly. Let's go!
- Knuckles: Look, it's Sonic and Tails!
- Tails: Hey, Rouge! What are you doing here?
- Rouge: Whaddya think I'm doing? Lookng for treasure of course. Say, you wouldn't know where the Doctor is, would you?
- Tails: He's here on this island and... Sonic and I were just about to...
- Rouge: Thanks Tails... I'll be sure to tell the Doctor that you're looking for him. See ya!
- Tails: Hey, wait! You can't do that! If he knows we're looking for him, we'll never find him. Hey... Wait up!
- Rouge: What!? How'd you catch up so fast?
- Tails: It may not look like it, but I've been training with Sonic!
- Rouge: Hmmm. Well, nice going, kid. Tell you what. If you can tag me, I'll let you speak with the Doctor first.
- Sonic: Well look who it is... Knuckles and Rouge! You two on a date or something?
- Knuckles: Knock it off, Sonic! By the way... Have you seen Eggman?
- Sonic: What's it to you?
- Knuckles: Um... Well, the Master Emerald seems to be missing again... and...
- Sonic: That figures... what else is new, Knuckles? I'll need to talk to Eggman first... so I'll see you later!
- Knuckles: WHAT!? Hey, come back here! Try to beat me to Eggman, will he?
- Knuckles: Eggman! Where's the Master Emerald?
- Dr. Eggman: What are you talking about? Funny that I'm the first person blamed when something is missing.
- Rouge: Boy, do I know what you mean, Doc...
- Dr. Eggman: What did you say?
- Rouge: Ah, never mind...
- Dr. Eggman: If you don't have anything better to do with your time, why not amuse yourself with my new creation... Ho ho ho.
- Sonic: Hey, Knuckles, Rouge! Let's see who can take out Eggman's machine first.
- Knuckles: Drat! Eggman escaped into this forest. Now what are we going to do?
- Rouge: Take it easy, Knuckles... Think about it for a minute. Eggman must have some kind of Emerald Detector.
- Knuckles: Of course! How else could he find them? Let's go!
- Shadow: Metal Sonic, look! It's Rouge and Knuckles. We've got to beat them to the Emeralds. Metal Sonic, you follow Rouge and I'll go after Knuckles.
- Rouge: What a "knuckle-head"... Running off all by himself... Wha? You're... Metal Sonic!
- Metal Sonic: ...
- Rouge: Hey, what are you doing? Stop stalking me!
- Metal Sonic: ...
- Rouge: Hmph! Aren't you a little pest!
- Metal Sonic: ...
- Rouge: You again? Well, since you're here, we might as well have a little fun... Tag. You're it!
- Knuckles: Shadow?!
- Shadow: What are you doing here in the forest?
- Knuckles: The Master Emerald is missing and I'm looking for it.
- Shadow: It's going to be tough to find it here.
- Knuckles: That's why we're going to use Eggman's Emerald Detector.
- Shadow: Emerald Detector, huh? Hmph. Sorry, but we can't let you two get the Emeralds.
- Knuckles: You think you can stop me? I'd like to see you try it, Shadow!
- Dr. Eggman: Hoh ho ho ho! Now, what do we have here? A little forest expedition?
- Rouge: So, is it true? Do you have an Emerald Detector?
- Dr. Eggman: I don't know who told you, but yes... it's true.
- Rouge: Why don't you let me have a try?
- Dr. Eggman: Ho ho ho! Not so fast, Rouge.
- Knuckles: Hand it over, Eggman. I'm losing my patience!
- Dr. Eggman: If that' the way you feel, why not test your "patience" against my latest invention?
- Shadow: Could it be him? Come on, Metal Sonic! We've got to beat them to it!
- Rouge: Great job, Knuckles! We got the Emerald Detector! Maybe you're not as useless as I thought.
- Knuckles: Thanks a lot.
- Rouge: Look! The detector is beeping... I think we found something!
- Knuckles: It better be the Master Emerald!
- Rouge: That's strange. It's going crazy over these Chao!
- Knuckles: Don't worry about them. Let's just search the surrounding area. Come on.
- Espio: It looks like Rouge and knuckles have found two of the Chao. Should we follow them, Silver?
- Silver: Yes, here's the plan. I'll get the Chao from Knuckles. Why don't you distract that bat-girl?
- Rouge: Oh! You startled me, Espio. Being a chameleon can be quite an advantage.
- Espio: Indeed. That's a hand device. I see you found something valuable.
- Rouge: Just a little Chao. If it doesn't glitter, it isn't gold to me!
- Espio: If your machine was beeping, that must mean... Yes! The Chao was sitting on the Chaos Emerald.
- Rouge: Hey, give that to me!
- Espio: Not so fast! You'll have to catch me first!
- Rouge: Espio, you like games?
- Espio: Games... Not really. But when I play, losing isn't an option...
- Rouge: How about a little game of chance here? If I win you give me the Chaos Emerald back.
- Espio: And if I win, I get that Chao.
- Rouge: That's right... So get ready!
- Knuckles: The Emerald Detector ran out of juice. I need some Rings to energize it... Silver! What are you doing here? Hey, what's with getting in my face.
- Silver: I need those Chao. It's important that I have them. Now move aside.
- Knuckles: Help yourself. I need to collect some Rings to fuel this Emerald Detector.
- Silver: Okay... Thanks.
- Dr. Eggman: Well, well. Looks like you acquired my Emerald Detector. Now, what else do you require?
- Knuckles: We still can't find the Master Emerald and I think you know where it is.
- Dr. Eggman: Maybe I do and maybe I don't.
- Knuckles: Stop these games, Eggman!
- Silver: Shut up, Knuckles. I need to talk to him so just get out of here!
- Rouge: Hey, watch your mouth, kid! Don't take that tone with us!
- Dr. Eggman: Silence! All of you! I'll give you all a REAL reason to be upset!
- Knuckles: Drat! Eggman's vanished without a trace, and the Emerald Detector hasn't picking up anything at all! Any sign of the Master Emerald, Rouge? Try over by that cactus.
- Rouge: Quit bothering me so I can concentrate.
- Knuckles: Silver said something about saving the world... with the Chao? I think his ESP powers have made him a bit goofy.
- Rouge: Clearly! What powers would the Chao have to save the world? Look! The detector is beeping like crazy. Bet that means there are TWO Chaos Emeralds!
- Knuckles: Yeah, but where's the Master Emerald? Wait, here come Shadow and Metal Sonic.
- Rouge: Well, well, well. If it isn't Shadow.
- Shadow: Hey, Rouge. I hear you've collected some Chaos Emeralds with that handy contraption of yours.
- Rouge: Good news travels fast.
- Shadow: I can't tell you why, but I need to know how many you've found. It's really important.
- Rouge: If it's so important, maybe you should let me in on the secret. You can trust me. Really.
- Shadow: ...Fine. The truth is, someone is trying the unleash the Ifrit into our world from another dimension. The key to opening the portal to that other dimension is the seven Chaos Emeralds.
- Rouge: I see. Well, I'm certain the person that hired me to collect the Emeralds will protect them.
- Shadow: Who hired you?
- Rouge: That's strictly confidential.
- Shadow: Come back here!
- Rouge: Boy, you're pretty fast!
- Shadow: Tell me who hired you!
- Rouge: Not a chance... A professional never reveals their sources.
- Shadow: Don't make me... Hey! You tripped me!
- Rouge: Maybe you're just clumsy.
- Shadow: Why you...!
- Knuckles: Metal Sonic! What are you doing here?
- Metal Sonic: ...
- Knuckles: Fine, don't say anything. If you've come for the Master Emerald, you're out of luck.
- Dr. Eggman: ... Head over to the...
- Knuckles: Huh?! Who is that? Eggman?
- Dr. Eggman: ...bad transmission... grave danger...
- Knuckles: Grave danger? Wait, Metal Sonic. Where are you going?
- Knuckles: Rouge! Something really strange is going on.
- Rouge: You're telling me. I just learned that someone's trying to release and Infrit into our world. If this creature gets through the portal, it'll destroy our world. He might even have your precious Master Emerald. And since Shadow is looking for...
- Knuckles: Really? Then let's go find him!
- Dr. Eggman: I'll save you the trouble, I'm right here. You see, you know far too much.
- Knuckles: Eggman! I knew you were wrapped up in all of this!
- Dr. Eggman: Hmph! This has nothing to do with you! I just need you out of the picture for now.
- Shadow: Out of my way, you two! He's mine!
- Knuckles: Shadow? Now, what's your problem?!
- Knuckles: Hey, Rouge. Why are we at this spooky place?
- Rouge: I'm not sure. My client just told me I needed to be here.
- Knuckles: Your client??
- Rouge: Huh? I mean, Eggman's got to be hiding in here, don't you think?
- Knuckles: I suppose... Well, let's go then!
- Espio: There's Knuckles and Rouge. They're headed for the mansion. What should we do?
- Silver: Follow them, of course. Espio, you follow Knuckles into the mansion and I'll head off Rouge.
- Rouge: Silver! What are you doing here? Looking for more Chao to save the world? Ha ha ha.
- Silver: Yes. One day you'll thank me for saving your planet.
- Rouge: How noble of you. With cute little Chao, no less. Ha ha ha.
- Silver: Just tell me where they are.
- Rouge: If you have some Chaos Emeralds I might be able to help you.
- Silver: This is serious! If I don't find the Chao in time, you won't have any use for the Emeralds.
- Rouge: I'm serious too! I never joke around when there are Emeralds at stake.
- Silver: So, are you going to help me or not?
- Rouge: I think... no. See you later, silver boy.
- Silver: Hey, come back here!
- Rouge: Okay, who's there? I know you're following me.
- Espio: Hey, how'd you know I was there...
- Rouge: Espio, these ears of mine aren't just for show, you know. What are you doing here, anyway?
- Espio: Oh, nothing...
- Rouge: You've been acting pretty strange. You're not my client, are you?
- Espio: Huh? What do you mean?
- Rouge: Fine then... If you're not willing to talk, I'll just force it out of you!
- Knuckles: Espio?! I didn't see you come in here.
- Espio: Ability of the Chameleon...
- Knuckles: Oh, right. I don't suppose you've seen Shadow or Eggman around?
- Espio: No, why?
- Knuckles: I think one of them has the Master Emerald!
- Espio: Hmph. Why should I care? Be gone!
- Knuckles: What the...? Some help HE is... Fine! I'll collect some Rings for this detector then.
- Shadow: Eggman, Knuckles and Rouge are following me. They'll be here soon... with six Chaos Emeralds. We'll go in search of the remaining Emerald. I'll leave the rest to you.
- Dr. Eggman: Well done, Shadow. I'll handle the rest. Those Chaos Emeralds are as good as mine.
- Knuckles: Shadow and Eggman, finally! Tell me where the Master Emerald is, now!
- Dr. Eggman: Hee hee hee hee...uh, I have no Emerald for you! Now, Rouge. Give me the Chaos Emeralds, as promised.
- Rouge: As promised? So you're my... Sorry, I've changed my mind. The Chaos Emeralds are staying with me.
- Silver: I finally found you! Party's over!
- Knuckles: Not you again... I'm tired of you. Tired of ALL of you!
- Rouge: We had six Chaos Emeralds! Six! I've never had that many in my life! Now I won't get paid!
- Knuckles: Who did you say you were working for... Wait, did you hear that? Look, the portal is opening up!
- Rouge: Huh? But to open it, you're supposed to have all seven Emeralds... If we only had six, why is it still opening?
- Knuckles: That doesn't matter! We've got to stop it before that monster gets through! Come on!
- Rouge: Wait... What are you doing!? We can't go in there!
- Knuckles: Now's our chance. Let's go!
- Rouge: Nooo! Let go of me!
- Rouge: Knuckles must have ditched me! I'd better find him quick! Oh, and he's gonna pay for this! This place is way too hot. I'd better get a move on, fast!
- Knuckles: Hmm. I probably should have come up with a better plan before I just barged in here. Rouge? Where are you? This area seems very unstable. I'd better get out of here and quick!
- Rouge: I wonder where Knuckles is? He better not have escaped without me. Whoa! What the heck is that thing?! Is that the Ifrit that Shadow was talking about?
- Knuckles: Huh?
- Rouge: Hey, Knuckles! It looks like the Ifrit has awakened. We need to get out of here!
- Knuckles: Yes... Master. I will defeat Rouge.
- Rouge: Knuckles, what's wrong? Oh, I get it... His mind is being controlled somehow. Well, I'm not letting you two have the Emeralds, so I guess I've got no choice! Wait, the dimwit seems to be trying to fight it. Well, it doesn't matter, I'll have to fight both of them.
- Knuckles: Rouge! Are you alright?
- Rouge: Yeah... sort of...
- Knuckles: Well, we won, but there's still no sight of the Master Emerald.
- Rouge: Eggman must still have it. Hey! The Emerald Detector's damaged.
- Knuckles: Wait! Look... My... my Master Emerald! It's been in this stupid device all this time? Argh!
- Rouge: You never change, do you, Knuckles? Still, you were pretty dashing and daring this time around.
- Knuckles: Huh? You really think so? I mean, I don't think I was really all that, um... Hey! Where's the detector?!
- Rouge: Nothing ever changes with you does it? Anyway, thanks for the Master Emerald!
- Knuckles: Wait! Wait you... You bat thief! Get back here!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.