Sonic Party 2002 Summer Festival (ソニックパーティー ～2002なつまつり～ Sonikkupātī ~ 2002 Natsu matsuri ~?) was a official event hosted by Sega in Japan to promote new and recent (at the time) games in the Sonic the Hedgehog series. It was hosted at a number of Sonic the Hedgehog parties in Japan, with several Sega stores participating in special events. It began on 4 August 2002, later in 2003 a second event was held by Sega.
Attendees who turned up to select Sega outlets on the day of the event could take part in several activities. For gamers, there was be a 2P Battle Tournament on Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the Nintendo GameCube as well as public demos of Sonic Advance 2 fir the Game Boy Advance.
For the attendees who brought Sonic Advance to this event, they could download and save a special ‘Rare Chao’ into the Tiny Chao Garden. Attendees with a Game Boy Advance but no copy of the game could also download the Chao to the handheld’s memory, and they would have a chance to transfer it into their copy of Sonic Adventure 2: Battle before its battery ran out.
- SEGA World Shinmichi (Hokkaido)
- SEGA Arena Toyohashi (Aichi Prefecture)
- Okayama Joypolis (Okayama Prefecture)
- SEGA Arena Hamaotsu (Shiga Prefecture)
- SEGA World Kumanan (Kumamoto Prefecture)
- SEGA World Kasai (Tokyo)
- Hakkeijima Carnival House (Kanagawa Prefecture)
- Dreadknux (2 July 2020). SEGA ANNOUNCES ‘SONIC PARTY’ SUMMER FESTIVAL IN JAPAN. The Sonic Stadium. Archived from the original on 7 April 2021.
- ソニックパーティ (Japanese). Sonic Team. Archived from the original on 16 December 2002.