To nominate a page, users must tag the page with Template:Nominated Featured Article, and create a sub-section on this page under the heading of Nominations. Users will then discuss and evaluate the page's suitability as a Featured Article. If successful, it will be listed at Sonic News Network:Featured Article and will be recognized on the Main Page! If rejected, the template must be removed from the article in question and the discussion closed.
Articles nominated for Featured Article status should follow these rules:
- It must have been written primarily by Sonic News Network users. No articles copied directly from other sites, such as Wikipedia or Mobius Encyclopaedia, may be nominated.
- It must be factually correct, with no false information, and it must have sufficient references to verify its accuracy.
- It must be at least a few paragraphs in length.
- If an article has already been a Featured Article, it cannot be nominated again.
- Every discussion must stay open for at least three weeks.
- At least five users must participate in order for a nomination to succeed.
- A positive consensus must be reached in order for a nomination to succeed. No vote weighs more than another.
- Nominations must be closed by an administrator.
- A Featured Article must stay a Featured Article for at least 30 days. If a new Featured Article is determined before the 30 days are up, then the results of the discussion will be enforced once the 30 days are over.
Nominate a page to be a Featured Article in this section. All nominations must be posted below this line.