Celebrate Sonic's roots with 20 classic titles!
— Trailer description.
Sonic Mega Collection Plus (ソニック メガコレクション プラス Sonikku Mega Korekushon Purasu?) is an updated version of Sonic Mega Collection developed by Sonic Team and published by Sega in 2004 for the PlayStation 2, Xbox and Microsoft Windows. It contains a total of twenty games; fourteen Genesis games, (seven being unlockable) and six Game Gear games.
- Sonic the Hedgehog (16-bit version)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3
- Sonic & Knuckles
- Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine
- Sonic 3D Blast
- Blue Sphere
- Knuckles the Echidna in Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
- The Ooze
- Comix Zone
Game Gear games
- Sonic the Hedgehog (8-bit version)
- Sonic Chaos
- Sonic Drift
- Sonic Labyrinth
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (8-bit version)
- Sonic Blast
The PlayStation 2 version suffered from a few minor emulation issues. Sound effects in the first Sonic the Hedgehog would sometimes be delayed, the music volume was incorrect in some games, and the screen resolution in both the PlayStation 2 and Xbox versions differed from the Mega Drive originals (this was a normal feature, however). These emulation issues were caused by hardware limitations for the PS2. The Sonic CD introduction and ending, as well as the preview videos for Sonic Adventure 2: Battle and Sonic Advance 2 from the GameCube version, were replaced with Sonic Heroes movies. The Xbox version does not have the Korean Sonic Heroes boxart. The PC also suffered from issues with analog gamepad controllers and players with such controllers have to resort to using third-party applications such as Joy2Key in order to use their preferred control method.
- The US PS2 version of Sonic Mega Collection Plus (in Sonic and Knuckles) has a glitch where you can play as Knuckles in the Death Egg Zone and in the second-to-last boss against Dr. Robotnik (before the Doomsday Zone). This is because, if the player enter the Level Select screen through the in-game cheat code, Knuckles can enter the Death Egg Zone due to a mistake from a computer programmer forgetting to block off Knuckles' data from that particular level.
- It should also be noted that Knuckles is unable to beat the first boss of Death Egg Zone, as he cannot jump high enough to deal damage. The boss can also be beaten through debug mode if one places springs so Knuckles can jump high enough to attack. However, he can beat the second Act.
- A remix of the title screen music can be heard, during the Network Mode in Sonic Generations.
- A trailer of Sonic Mega Collection Plus is included in all of the Australian DVDs of Sonic X.
Reception for Sonic Mega Collection was generally positive. The game sold very well across all platforms, attaining best-seller status in the systems it was released in: Player's Choice (Nintendo GameCube), Greatest Hits (PlayStation 2), and Platinum Hits (Xbox). In particular, the PlayStation 2 version and GameCube version both sold over two million copies.
|PC||Sonic PC Collection is a compilation released in PAL regions for Microsoft Windows in 2009. This compilation includes four Sonic games; Sonic Riders, Sonic Heroes, Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut and Sonic Mega Collection Plus.|
|Title Screen||Hideaki Kobayashi||0:33|
- Sonic Mega Collection
- Sonic Mega Collection (prototype)
- Sonic Mega Collection Plus Mini
- Sonic Gems Collection