The Sonic Forces digital comic is a four-part digital comic series published by Sega that is based on the at-the-time upcoming Sonic Forces, its purpose being to promote the aforementioned game. Four issues were released on the official Sonic Twitter and Tumblr pages, and each issue features a short, self-contained story that serves as a prequel to the Sonic Forces storyline. All issues were released on a Thursday, with the exception of the fourth issue (which came out on the 7th of November, a Tuesday, the same day that Sonic Forces itself came out).
List of issues
- Sonic Forces: Moment of Truth (12 October 2017)
- Sonic Forces: Stress Test (19 October 2017)
- Sonic Forces: Looming Shadow (26 October 2017)
- Sonic Forces: Rise of Infinite (7 November 2017)
- According to Aaron Webber and Sergio Montealegre at Sega, the comics are canon in the Sonic Forces storyline.
- Romano, Sal (12 October 2017). Sonic Forces debuts Chapter 1 of four-part digital comic series. Gematsu.com.
- Sonic Official - 24 - Ian Flynn and Joe Hughes from IDW! (0:01:59). YouTube. Sega (12 October 2017). Retrieved on 13 October 2017. "Sergio Montealegre: But first... how about that uh... how about that comic they put up today? / Aaron Webber: Yeah, well, we'll talk about in a little bit too, but there is a brand new Sonic Forces comic that went live. It shows a little bit of the backstory to what is happening inside the game, and it is one of a number of different stories we're gonna put out as we go up to launch. It's pretty exciting. / Sergio Montealegre: That means it's canon. / Aaron Webber: Uh... Everything is canon, remember that."